• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan says Kobe, not LeBron, could beat him in his prime

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really cares if Kobe steals his moves? I used to learn a shit load by watching Kobe and other greats when I was younger, it's a natural thing.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really cares if Kobe steals his moves? I used to learn a shit load by watching Kobe and other greats when I was younger, it's a natural thing.

Dont you think Kobe took it a step too far? There were other players that emulated Jordans playing style but Kobe also stole his persona those first couple of years. His speech pattern and tone was even the same as MJ's. I honestly couldn't tell the difference if I closed my eyes and listened to Kobe talk.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain the MJ doesn't evolve statement. All I saw was him stating how the game was played during his time and that it is different now. He never said current players couldn't handle it.

he said "they have no idea", we can spin that how ever either of us want. Based on what he has shown me of his personality it seems condescending. If he was capable of evolving he would stop hiring his buddies and find someone to teach him how to draft.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think either could beat MJ 1 on 1 but I would give Lebron the edge as far as having a chance. Kobe stole all of MJ's moves so he would have no advantage against him.

The fact that Kobe steals all of his moves is the reason MJ gave for why Kobe might beat him!!

Seriously though, that was more MJ taking a good natured swipe at Kobe!! The truth is, he doesn't think that any of these guys could beat him in his prime!!

And he's probably right!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he said "they have no idea", we can spin that how ever either of us want. Based on what he has shown me of his personality it seems condescending. If he was capable of evolving he would stop hiring his buddies and find someone to teach him how to draft.

But he's right. Current players don't have any idea because they didn't play in his era. I'm not spinning his remarks. You did by suggesting Jordan meant that current players couldn't handle playing in his era.

I think great players would be great in any era, but the game has certainly changed since Jordan's time with the taking away of hand checking and the addition of the restricted area under the basket. It's much easier to attack the basket from the perimeter today than when Jordan played.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont you think Kobe took it a step too far?

If you mean by being the most successful at it, then I suppose you're right!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont you think Kobe took it a step too far? There were other players that emulated Jordans playing style but Kobe also stole his persona those first couple of years. His speech pattern and tone was even the same as MJ's. I honestly couldn't tell the difference if I closed my eyes and listened to Kobe talk.

This is true. I mistook an interview once...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's right. Todays players have no idea how physical the game was when Jordan played. Back then, teams had the "Jordan rules"!! Among them was that when he went in to the paint, you knocked him on his arse!! Even with that, he dominated the league. Under today's rules, MJ would average over 40 per game.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's right. Current players don't have any idea because they didn't play in his era. I'm not spinning his remarks. You did by suggesting Jordan meant that current players couldn't handle playing in his era.

I think great players would be great in any era, but the game has certainly changed since Jordan's time with the taking away of hand checking and the addition of the restricted area under the basket. It's much easier to attack the basket from the perimeter today than when Jordan played.

Basketball was way more physical back in Jordan's day. And the flopping today is pathetic. Jordan NEVER flopped. The guys playing now would be shocked. Jordan would average 40+ in the current NBA...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's comparable to how a young Corey Feldman acted like, dressed like and wanted to be the late Michael Jackson.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right. Todays players have no idea how physical the game was when Jordan played. Back then, teams had the "Jordan rules"!! Among them was that when he went in to the paint, you knocked him on his arse!! Even with that, he dominated the league. Under today's rules, MJ would average over 40 per game.

I see I am not alone in my thinking. I typed mine while you were getting yours down. Just goes to show...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering that Kobe was only 17 when he came in to the league......No!! I was coaching high school basketball during MJ's prime and all of those 16-18 year olds thought they were the next MJ and they were all copying his moves.

At our first practice every year I used to tell my team: "I don't know where the the next Michael Jordan is, but I know he's not in this gym. So I don't want to see anyone trying to be the next Michael Jordan"!!

If I had coached Kobe, I may have had to drop that speech!!:lol:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that Kobe was only 17 when he came in to the league......No!! I was coaching high school basketball during MJ's prime and all of those 16-18 year olds thought they were the next MJ and they were all copying his moves.

At our first practice every year I used to tell my team: "I don't know where the the next Michael Jordan is, but I know he's not in this gym. So I don't want to see anyone trying to be the next Michael Jordan"!!

If I had coached Kobe, I may have had to drop that speech!!:lol:

Very nice no doubt :lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope Jordan could beat Lebron when Jordan was in his prime. Lebron was probably only 9 around that time.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball was way more physical back in Jordan's day. And the flopping today is pathetic. Jordan NEVER flopped. The guys playing now would be shocked. Jordan would average 40+ in the current NBA...
Here's a 2 part video that sheds a lot of light on what happen back then.

[YOUTUBE]9M-KCulzJqg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: