• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Lester's Blatant Cheating in WS Game 1

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree that nothing can be done about it after the fact. Boston won game 1, and I think probably would have even if Lester hadn't cheated. That's part of what makes it an even bigger shame.

Children trying to argue that what Lester did is perfectly fine are truly stupid.

Not all Red Sox fans are human garbage, though, thank goodness.

No, what's stupid is you trying to twist words in a debate you are clearly losing. Show me a quote any quote where someone said it perfectly fine. I'll wait for that!!

"Baseball allows cheating" Wow. There is one for the books. :laugh3:

Either way it sounds like no comments were made about the ball having any extra drop or movement on it so if there are no complaints it may not even be an issue.

Yeah, don't act as if baseball didn't turn a blind eye to steroids.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is over if Beltran isnt playing for the rest of the series and/or the Cards don't win Game 2. But its still a series at the moment

Beltran has been huge this postseason, so he would be a bad loss. Really a great catch he made. Too bad he got hurt on it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are completely full of shit. Baseball is the dirites sport of the four major sports, they have been cheating for year, and as I eluded to promoted it. The whole McGuire, Bonds, Sosa deal baeball knew steroids were is use but homeruns sell tickets so they turn their head. Baseball has little to know integerity to assume so is a joke.

If this allegation is true and pictures / video suggest it may be true then oh well, he got away with it, but that has always been the game in basball pitchers getting away with what they can, do you actually think this is new to the game?

The copy-editor in me really hates this post...

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Cards fan.

Nobody can say that the Cards would've won, but you also cannot say that the Cards would have lost if Lester hadn't been cheating. Any argument either way is futile, juvenile, and pointless.

Cheating is cheating; it's filthy and disgusting. There is no way around that.

Shame on Lester and any Red Sox players or staff who were aware of it.
Accusing Jon Lester of cheating is strong evidence that you ARE, in fact,an envious Cardinal fan. Or someone who doesn't know baseball all that well. Or both, for that matter.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't act like it still does. Fair enough?

Absolutely. There is cheating in all sports at all levels the intergrity levels of coaches managers and players are almost always questionable. Pros take what ever edge they can get to try and win, always has been always will be.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The copy-editor in me really hates this post...

Yeah, it's pretty poor. When I get in a hurry I pay less attention than I should. Funny to me though how these boards always have grammar police I think the point is still made. But if it's important to you I will try to do better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's pretty poor. When I get in a hurry I pay less attention than I should. Funny to me though how these boards always have grammar police I think the point is still made. But if it's important to you I will try to do better.

It doesn't help that I read this post while taking a break from actually copy-editing a paper. I'm extra alert right now.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majority of pitchers (I assume) doctor the ball in some way whether its their own sweat, dirt or a foreign substance. Been umpiring for 30 years (low level minors as a high) and the most obvious way to catch a doctored ball is to notice dirt sticking to a ball. If Lester had a foreign substance then at some point last night a ball should have had dirt stuck to it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards fans and other baseball fans that are mad and thought he cheated, move on - if it was really a big issue the players/managers/etc would have found out sooner

Jon Lester has been lights out for the last month, month and a half anyways so it's not like he magically got better last night because of it

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that I read this post while taking a break from actually copy-editing a paper. I'm extra alert right now.

It's cool I never mind someone pointing out my errors, how the hell can I improve if I close my mind to honest and constructive criticism?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards fans and other baseball fans that are mad and thought he cheated, move on - if it was really a big issue the players/managers/etc would have found out sooner

Jon Lester has been lights out for the last month, month and a half anyways so it's not like he magically got better last night because of it

They have already moved on. There is a reason Cards fans are considered among the smartest in the game...

Cards: Goop on Lester's glove a 'non-issue' : Sports

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this was as big of a deal as the umpires either not knowing the rules or just ignoring them. I hope it wasn't pine tar, I wish he would come out and make an excuse and say it was something else but who knows.

The game wasn't decided because of Lester, there were just way to many errors and miscues for the Cardinals to win. The Cards played a game like that against the Dodgers and I'm hoping it's just a one time thing in this series too.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you under the assumption that he started this last night?

LESTER NOT NEW TO THE BALL-DOCTORING GAME | EL MAQUINO

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree that nothing can be done about it after the fact. Boston won game 1, and I think probably would have even if Lester hadn't cheated. That's part of what makes it an even bigger shame.

Children trying to argue that what Lester did is perfectly fine are truly stupid.

Not all Red Sox fans are human garbage, though, thank goodness.

Seahawks fan, rebuking cheating? I've seen it all now.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks fan, rebuking cheating? I've seen it all now.

Girlfriend, that would only make sense if I had ever defended any cheating the Seahawks have done.

I'll let the children on the board attack entire fanbases all they want. It's what idiots do, and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

It's nice to see that most Boston fans acknowledge the cheating and don't actively try to defend it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, and I am sure if he pitches again he will be subjected to the umpires scrutiny, but this stuff has gone on in baseball forever, it's nothing new, he just got away with as many before him have and many after him will.

Yep.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girlfriend, that would only make sense if I had ever defended any cheating the Seahawks have done.

I'll let the children on the board attack entire fanbases all they want. It's what idiots do, and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

It's nice to see that most Boston fans acknowledge the cheating and don't actively try to defend it.

I haven't condoned cheating , moron. I have been against any form of cheating and stated so in other threads. By the way, I think you have thumbed down more posts than ten other people combined. Grow up, kid.

Last edited by a moderator: