• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Calipari to the Lakers?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see jc in the NBA. He'll lose the advantage he has in a big way.

No way does he leave UK. He is the top of the food chain.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lakers management seems to be changing by the day...few weeks ago there were rumors out there they intended to keep dantoni next season....now another rumor saying hes expected to get released after season....just rumors but still

The most recent thing I've heard is that they are "moving toward" keeping him. I think they are remaining non-committal to see how free agents (both theirs and those from other teams) react to the possibility of keeping him. If they get a strong negative reaction they will let him go, if not, they will keep him for at least the final year of his contract.

I think they'd like to keep him and give him a fair shot with a healthy roster, but not if it means losing out on an important free agent.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most recent thing I've heard is that they are "moving toward" keeping him. I think they are remaining non-committal to see how free agents (both theirs and those from other teams) react to the possibility of keeping him. If they get a strong negative reaction they will let him go, if not, they will keep him for at least the final year of his contract.

I think they'd like to keep him and give him a fair shot with a healthy roster, but not if it means losing out on an important free agent.

https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters

I don't know how to put pictures into the forums.. but this reporter reporting he will be let go

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Cal has done to give me hope that he would be the right guy for the job. His greatest assest is he can recruit h.s. players. Not sure how that's gonna help us. His last stint in the pros sent him right back to college.

Shaw, Rambis, Scott would all be my preferences.

However, I will take Cal over dumbtoni. If our current coach stays we will likey lose a lot of players, including Love in the future. Certainly not worth it.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Dave McMenamin sources Lakers will not retain Dumbtoni at the end of the season & not pick up the final year of his contract at 4 million. They will try & find someone else on the market to coach the Lakers.

This is good news going forward, it's time for Dumbtoni to GTFO of town. :nod:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Dave McMenamin sources Lakers will not retain Dumbtoni at the end of the season & not pick up the final year of his contract at 4 million. They will try & find someone else on the market to coach the Lakers.

This is good news going forward, it's time for Dumbtoni to GTFO of town. :nod:

That would be fantastic news, but honestly there really isn't anyone much better out there unless you could steal Brian Shaw who is doing a terrific job in Denver and not likely to quit. I honestly would like to see him play his contract out anyways so that he gets more experience at the Nugget's expense. I think Rambis would be a decent hire, but most likely not the best

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYRON SCOTT for heaven's sake would be a huge get....won titles, took a couple of teams(Nets, Cavs) from has-beens to playoffs, has a great relationship with the Buss group. It should be a no-brainer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYRON SCOTT for heaven's sake would be a huge get....won titles, took a couple of teams(Nets, Cavs) from has-beens to playoffs, has a great relationship with the Buss group. It should be a no-brainer.

I had forgot about him although He hasn't had the greatest success with Orlando and the other team. I think by now if he retained Rambis as an assistant - it might work

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Cal's tactics working in the NBA. He's perfect for the collegiate game.......but that stunt he pulled with the coffin would NEVER work in the pros.

He's like Saban......he's in the perfect spot for his skillset.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3