• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joey Bosa...not signed, which side do you fall?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you know my thoughts on Sandusky, right?
Because you won't find too many Cowboy fans defend Hardy. Yes the team signed him, but evidence shoes PennSt not only kept Sandusky they ignored his crimes. Again glass house.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading more about this, the Chargers simply need to pay him his bonus by the end of the year like every other top 5 pick, and include the off-set language that Bosa said he would agree to if the Bonus was paid.

Sitting out a year not only screws Bosa, but it screws SD since they lose that pick. It is best in everybody's interest to come to an agreement, and sooner rather than later.
Sounds about right to me.:nod:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanos is a Jerk and he is proving it again

Bosa might go the way of Brian Bozworth who knows ? but SD is on the wrong side of the fence on this 1

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you won't find too many Cowboy fans defend Hardy. Yes the team signed him, but evidence shoes PennSt not only kept Sandusky they ignored his crimes. Again glass house.

PDay8810 sure seemed to be defending his signing no?

not till he showed he couldn't get double digit sacks

And you seem to be awfully interested in defending Jerry though, because I never called him or the team out in any way. I was commenting more on the troubling way those with talent are treated in the NFL and sports in general.

And yes, Penn State is most certainly guilty of those same transgressions. But just because Sandusky is a horrible human being who did horrible things while at Penn State, and I happen to be a Penn State alum, I'm disqualified from commenting on other horrible human beings?

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers need to STOP BEING DICK HEADS and sign Bosa. The Spanos family are IDIOTS.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will defend his signing on this point and this point only:
In the end Hardy legally did nothing that was ever proven in a court of law. PERIOD!! The first conviction was dismissed and expunged upon appeal. LEGALLY he has no record and no conviction for allegedly beating up his girlfriend. it has been alleged that he paid her off but that has never been proven in court by any prosecutor.
Hardy has the right to be signed by any team in the NFL Dallas did so last year.

Now with that said Hardy IMHO is a piece of Trash that should never have worn the Cowboys uniform or been paid a dime by my Cowboys. However Jerry makes those decisions as well he should he is the one who paid for the right to own the team and take the hits be they good or bad Hardy was a top 10 low for Jerry.

Not trying to be a jerk just stating an opinion on a very dumb signing by my Cowboys

JMHO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? You got that from my statement about black marks mean nothing if you produce. It was you that brought Hardy into the discussion and I simple said I didn't think Dallas would be the only team to provide a 2015 opportunity.

I'll tell you right now "Calm"....we ain't going to get along to well if you bait and assume when nothing was there. Plenty of folks around here will play the political correct card bull shit, I'm not one of um.

I didn't defend shit, move along

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you seem to be awfully interested in defending Jerry though, because I never called him or the team out in any way. I was commenting more on the troubling way those with talent are treated in the NFL and sports in general.

And yes, Penn State is most certainly guilty of those same transgressions. But just because Sandusky is a horrible human being who did horrible things while at Penn State, and I happen to be a Penn State alum, I'm disqualified from commenting on other horrible human beings?
I'm not sure how PDay defended Hardy, and if a Panther Fan wanted to throw rocks I'd keep my mouth shut, but what went on and ignored at PennSt is far worse than what Hardy did. Again glass house, there's time YOU should just keep quiet.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how PDay defended Hardy, and if a Panther Fan wanted to throw rocks I'd keep my mouth shut, but what went on and ignored at PennSt is far worse than what Hardy did. Again glass house, there's time YOU should just keep quiet.

You keep repeating this damn glass houses bullshit like I had anything at all to do with what happened at PSU. Did I just not say that they are guilty of the same win at all costs bullshit? Did I anywhere at any time try to defend PSU? No, so who the hell are you to tell me what To can or can't talk about.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? You got that from my statement about black marks mean nothing if you produce. It was you that brought Hardy into the discussion and I simple said I didn't think Dallas would be the only team to provide a 2015 opportunity.

I'll tell you right now "Calm"....we ain't going to get along to well if you bait and assume when nothing was there. Plenty of folks around here will play the political correct card bull shit, I'm not one of um.

I didn't defend shit, move along

If you say so bro. :suds:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep repeating this damn glass houses bullshit like I had anything at all to do with what happened at PSU. Did I just not say that they are guilty of the same win at all costs bullshit? Did I anywhere at any time try to defend PSU? No, so who the hell are you to tell me what To can or can't talk about.
Well I for one won't bash other teams for DUI, DV, nor the signing of such players, because it would make me a hypocrite. I'don't say any Penn St fan has lost all credibility to criticize any team, because outside of murder it doesn't get much worse than what went on there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading more about this, the Chargers simply need to pay him his bonus by the end of the year like every other top 5 pick, and include the off-set language that Bosa said he would agree to if the Bonus was paid.

Sitting out a year not only screws Bosa, but it screws SD since they lose that pick. It is best in everybody's interest to come to an agreement, and sooner rather than later.

I think that would be a good compromise.

As expected, this is starting to become a distraction...Gates has chimed in with his thoughts and they are really targeted towards the agent.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract thing...imo it will turn some teams off because now every one knows why he held out...all teams have the offset language, some will waive it, some won't, and not all teams pay the bonus in lump sum so those teams are not going to be too excited to draft him high in the 1st round. Maybe 8 to 10, but I can see him sliding to the middle of the 1st rd.
You and I will have to disagree on that.

I said earlier I think it would be foolish for him to sit out a yr out of principle...I'm saying it again. A pro team is handing you $17.5 mil in a matter of 15-18 months...I don't care what other teams have done in this same draft slot...nobody else has gotten this much money in this draft slot either...take the damn money!
Here, we agree. I think this is mostly his agent's doing. Risking sliding out of the top 5 in 2017 over these issues is being penny wise and pound foolish. We havent' seen a draft pick sit out a year and reenter the draft since...Kelly Stouffer, Bo Jackson?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin Allbright is a good place to start.
It's also incorrect. 3 days ago, Allbright was on Ryan Edwards show where he said that the contract holdup is about offsets and deferred bonus. Try again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I will have to disagree on that.

Here, we agree. I think this is mostly his agent's doing. Risking sliding out of the top 5 in 2017 over these issues is being penny wise and pound foolish. We havent' seen a draft pick sit out a year and reenter the draft since...Kelly Stouffer, Bo Jackson?

Agree to disagree...fair.

Agent...Gates alluded to that on his holdout...some agents try to prove their worth since there is not much to negotiate on rookie deals now...At some point Bosa and his family need to do what's best for him and also realize Condon is still bringing in cash from other clients so he's not losing anything.

In either case it has to sucks for Charger fans knowing they have a cheap skate owner. I still support the team's right to run it as they fit.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't him sitting out a year and falling in the trade actually benefit his career. Look at the difference in the careers of Rodgers and Smith. Rodgers slid down and got on a good team and is HOF bound, Smith is an borderline starter.