• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joel Klatt's conference rankings

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every conference has teams like that.

Florida and Tennessee for the SEC.
Lately it seems like it has been A&M and Miss State...at least at the first CFP rankings. Then,
giphy.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem so angry, defensive, and illogical. Don't remember you posting like that last year. That's all.

I like calling stupid people stupid.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my posting is because you're a dumbass, not because it has anything to do with Alabama?

Nah!!!!!!! Can't be that.
I'm not the only one calling you out for it. Your team won the title, stop acting like a pissy little wimp already.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to argue against the SEC, and their success as a conference, but they have made it MUCH easier to argue they are not the top conference the past few season. It's been Alabama (AMAZING run they've had), and a bunch of inconsistent teams. UGA may change that narrative this year (may, they should change that narrative). I think the ACC and B10 are pretty loaded, and likely have at least caught them or possibly surpassed them from top to bottom.

I live in SEC country now, and it amazes me how the people down here view the SEC has the premiere conference every season, while all other conferences are inferior. So many who are fans of other SEC teams brag about Alabama. I just don't understand that....although maybe I would if the B10 could win a championship more than once a decade. :L (no, I still wouldn't)

There was no SEC fan in this thread who has done this. Not a single person.

It was also not a SEC fan who tried to claim it was hard to argue the Big10 was the best conference despite it being more than 3 years since they even scored a TD in a playoff game. No, that was a Big10 fan.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the only one calling you out for it. Your team won the title, stop acting like a pissy little wimp already.

I'm not the one who claimed it was "hard to argue" a conference that hasn't scored a single fucking TD in a playoff game in over 3 years was the best conference in college football.

That was your ignorant ass.

Nor am I the fan of a team who hasn't done shit in years trying to claim they "own" shit.

That was again - your ignorant ass.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one who claimed it was "hard to argue" a conference that hasn't scored a single fucking TD in a playoff game in over 3 years was the best conference in college football.

That was your ignorant ass.

Nor am I the fan of a team who hasn't done shit in years trying to claim they "own" shit.

That was again - your ignorant ass.
Your team SEC mantra is fucking sad. You don't need to prop up the rest of the conference. After Bama, UGA, and Auburn, the conference just isn't very good. Meanwhile, nearly half of our conference is ranked in the top 15.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team SEC mantra is fucking sad. You don't need to prop up the rest of the conference. After Bama, UGA, and Auburn, the conference just isn't very good. Meanwhile, nearly half of our conference is ranked in the top 15.

None of the Big10 teams are good.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the Big10 teams are good.

end argument

Kind of tough to have a discussion about conference rankings/strength when not one reputable sports journalist would agree with with this thought. I'm not sure there would be anyone (outside of the most diehard Team SEC fan) that would agree with this statement. I think most would mock it....and rightfully so.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
end argument

Kind of tough to have a discussion about conference rankings/strength when not one reputable sports journalist would agree with with this thought. I'm not sure there would be anyone (outside of the most diehard Team SEC fan) that would agree with this statement. I think most would mock it....and rightfully so.

You ignored the part where he once again removed 3 teams from the SEC before making his claims.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ignored the part where he once again removed 3 teams from the SEC before making his claims.

So what does that have to do with the statement that "none of the B10 teams are good"? I think you are trying to back down from your statement...which makes sense.

I mean, you started out that the B10 conference was a joke. So don't back down now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we don’t send the B1Gs second best team like we did last time.

I thought/think Ohio St was better than Penn St.

I'm not sure any team could have really touched Clemson or Alabama at that point in the year.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure any team could have really touched Clemson or Alabama at that point in the year.

I too think the committee made a good choice there as well...even though I was ECSTATIC when OSU got killed and it seemed to be the wrong choice.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does that have to do with the statement that "none of the B10 teams are good". I think you are trying to back down from your statement...which makes sense.

Look, if you are going to butt into an existing conversation, at least have the common decency to read the context in which things are said.

His claim:

After Bama, UGA, and Auburn, the conference just isn't very good.

Meanwhile, how many teams does he remove from the Big10? 0

As such, the Big10 must not have any good teams since he didn't remove them.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, if you are going to butt into an existing conversation, at least have the common decency to read the context in which things are said.

His claim:

Meanwhile, how many teams does he remove from the Big10? 0

As such, the Big10 must not have any good teams since he didn't remove them.

Nice spin. ha ha

Who do you think are the good teams in the B10?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Penn State wouldn’t have gotten bageled. But no, they weren’t beating Clemson.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Penn State wouldn’t have gotten bageled. But no, they weren’t beating Clemson.

IMO, that is hindsight though. I don't think anyone would have thought that Ohio State would have gotten bageled either.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, that is hindsight though. I don't think anyone would have thought that Ohio State would have gotten bageled either.
Yes but plenty of people were saying that Penn State should be going over Ohio State because they won the head to head and won the conference.