• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Rankings….

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1698796472665.png

What do you think about the Halloween night rankings?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, I am curious what Ohio State games they are watching for one. But nothing truly worth getting riled up over. Should sort itself out.

Initial glance is it seems somewhat unlikely any Big 12 team gets a CFP bid this year. Not sure the depth in the conference is good enough to prop up OU/UT and I am not convinced they don't have another loss between those two. One of Oregon/Washington could get one out of the PAC. Rest should be SEC/BIG. No G-5 threats for the CFP this year.

If it's just straight up football and there's no NCAA weirdness with Michigan, my guess is the CFP is some order of

Michigan
Georgia
Washington
Ohio State (committee seems to like them, makes me wonder if they can eat a loss to UM)

Last edited:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, I am curious what Ohio State games they are watching for one. But nothing truly worth getting riled up over. Should sort itself out.

Initial glance is it seems somewhat unlikely any Big 12 team gets a CFP bid this year. Not sure the depth in the conference is good enough to prop up OU/UT and I am not convinced they don't have another loss between those two. One of Oregon/Washington could get one out of the PAC. Rest should be SEC/BIG. No G-5 threats for the CFP this year.

If it's just straight up football and there's no NCAA weirdness with Michigan, my guess is the CFP is some order of

Michigan
Georgia
Washington
Ohio State (committee seems to like them, makes me wonder if they can eat a loss to UM)
Don’t think you’ve watched them.
But I see you are a wolverine nut swinger
Newsflash. They haven’t played anyone yet

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about the rest of the rankings........

PSU and ND are being disrespected. both 1-2 spots lower than they should be.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU and Washington both have reason to be annoyed...... but, the committee did recognize the below to a degree by moving them down to 3. the season will work itself out.

Michigan has played one top 50 opponent. Nevertheless, through their first eight weeks of the season, Michigan's opponents rank, out of 133 FBS schools: ranked at:

#129 East Carolina;
#58 UNLV;
#103 Bowling Green;
#47 Rutgers;
#62 Nebraska,
#61 Minnesota,
#99 Indiana,
#97 Michigan State
and this weekend, #79 Purdue.

That is a soft schedule by any metric and a poor resume that does not support its #3 ranking

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU and Washington both have reason to be annoyed...... but, the committee did recognize the below to a degree by moving them down to 3. the season will work itself out.

Michigan has played one top 50 opponent. Nevertheless, through their first eight weeks of the season, Michigan's opponents rank, out of 133 FBS schools: ranked at:

#129 East Carolina;
#58 UNLV;
#103 Bowling Green;
#47 Rutgers;
#62 Nebraska,
#61 Minnesota,
#99 Indiana,
#97 Michigan State
and this weekend, #79 Purdue.

That is a soft schedule by any metric and a poor resume that does not support its #3 ranking

I've always felt that the committee ranked teams mostly on how good they feel the team is. SOS is certainly a part of their decision making, but just like the top 25 rankings, they are mostly going on what they see on the field to get to the final 4 teams. The difference between the playoff committee and the top 25 voters is that SOS will play a factor when they feel teams are closer in team strength.

These rankings don't matter to me. As a Michigan fan, I'd rather Michigan be the underdog for the 3rd year in a row going into the final game of the season. (I believe both years Ohio State was favored by at least a touchdown). Although, if both teams keep winning, we'll see if Vegas agrees with the Playoff Committee rankings once we get into the week of the game. I imagine that Michigan is favored right now in early betting though.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it's obvious that the commitee is trying to find a way to get 2 Big 10 schools in, and keep out 2 SEC schools.
Why else would they put Oh ST at 1?
Because if Oh st loses to Michigan then Oh st only falls to 3 or 4 and stays in.
If Oh st was 3 or 4th and THEN lost to Michign, then the commitee has no choice but to drop Oh st out, and then that gives the Sec a better shot at having 2 in the top 4.

Imho..............

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it's obvious that the commitee is trying to find a way to get 2 Big 10 schools in, and keep out 2 SEC schools.
Why else would they put Oh ST at 1?
Because if Oh st loses to Michigan then Oh st only falls to 3 or 4 and stays in.
If Oh st was 3 or 4th and THEN lost to Michign, then the commitee has no choice but to drop Oh st out, and then that gives the Sec a better shot at having 2 in the top 4.

Imho..............
well. because OSU and mich. are that good. that remains to be seen.

although with everything that is happening now, I doubt you need to worry about 2 teams anymore.........

I think there is a damn good chance that come OSU vs. MIch. week , that you might have another repeat of 2006. #1 vs. #2........

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

although with everything that is happening now, I doubt you need to worry about 2 teams anymore.........

I think there is a damn good chance that come OSU vs. MIch. week , that you might have another repeat of 2006. #1 vs. #2........
Jawja would curb stomp either one of 'em.
And if Bama rolls Lsu, then Bama's back in the hunt.
Penn St could upset Michigan at home.
Florida could bow up against Fl State in a rivalry upset.
Oergon could spit the bit against Usc or Oreg St.
Ole Piss is still in the hunt if they run the table.
Washington loses this weekend.
K State may beat Tex-ass this weekend also.

Point being, lotta games left that could go wither way.
Who thought Kansas would beat Ok la homeo.......not you..........

Jus sayin'

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part is funny podna'?
I threw a lotta crap against the wall.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t see Michigan jumping Georgia. It would be awesome though! That 2006 game is probably a top 5 game in the history of the rivalry.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jawja would curb stomp either one of 'em.
And if Bama rolls Lsu, then Bama's back in the hunt.
Penn St could upset Michigan at home.
Florida could bow up against Fl State in a rivalry upset.
Oergon could spit the bit against Usc or Oreg St.
Ole Piss is still in the hunt if they run the table.
Washington loses this weekend.
K State may beat Tex-ass this weekend also.

Jus sayin'
I’m not seeing it from Georgia this year. They may beat either of them, but I don’t see them blowing out either team. They haven’t been near as dominant this year, especially compared to last year’s team.

Last edited:

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jawja would curb stomp either one of 'em. Let's not get carried away yet
And if Bama rolls Lsu, then Bama's back in the hunt. Bama will back door it somehow
Penn St could upset Michigan at home. Penn St is not good.
Florida could bow up against Fl State in a rivalry upset. Florida could show up
Oergon could spit the bit against Usc or Oreg St. OU is the one team i would not want to play in the playoffs
Ole Piss is still in the hunt if they run the table. NOT Happening
Washington loses this weekend. This is going to happen
K State may beat Tex-ass this weekend also. possible

Jus sayin'