• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Montana calls deflate gate "funny".

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana Calls DeflateGate Funny Tom Brady Patriots CBS Boston

Joe Montana Calls DeflateGate ‘Funny’
June 8, 2015 9:01 AM
Share on emailView Comments
joe-montana.jpg

Joe Montana. (Photo by Mike Powell/ALLSPORT

BOSTON (CBS) — Tom Brady often finds himself compared to his NFL hero growing up, Joe Montana.

So Brady will be happy to hear Montana’s take on the recent DeflateGate mess. Montana, in one word, called the situation, “Funny.”

“It is one of those things that is a rule, right?” Montana said. “It might be a dumb rule, but it doesn’t matter. He didn’t deflate them himself, but you can pick up the ball and can tell if it is underinflated, overinflated or what you like. Everybody is afraid to say it, but if the guy did it, so what. Just pay up and move on. It’s no big deal.”

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Mark Kaboly caught up with Montana while he was in town for a Gridiron Gold event. The four-time Super Bowl champ, who earlier said Brady ordered the inflating of footballs but that it is, “No big deal.” This time he added that everyone is doing something to get an added edge on the field.

“Everybody is trying to do something different,” Montana said. “Our offensive linemen used to spray silicone on their shirts until they got caught. Once you get caught, you get caught. Period. It doesn’t take anything away from Tom’s game. But how long has he been doing it? I don’t know.”

Brady, also a four-time Super Bowl Champion, was suspended for four games for his role in the ordeal. He has appealed the league’s discipline, with a hearing scheduled for June 23.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
discuss

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana Calls DeflateGate Funny Tom Brady Patriots CBS Boston

Joe Montana Calls DeflateGate ‘Funny’
June 8, 2015 9:01 AM
Share on emailView Comments
joe-montana.jpg

Joe Montana. (Photo by Mike Powell/ALLSPORT

BOSTON (CBS) — Tom Brady often finds himself compared to his NFL hero growing up, Joe Montana.

So Brady will be happy to hear Montana’s take on the recent DeflateGate mess. Montana, in one word, called the situation, “Funny.”

“It is one of those things that is a rule, right?” Montana said. “It might be a dumb rule, but it doesn’t matter. He didn’t deflate them himself, but you can pick up the ball and can tell if it is underinflated, overinflated or what you like. Everybody is afraid to say it, but if the guy did it, so what. Just pay up and move on. It’s no big deal.”

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Mark Kaboly caught up with Montana while he was in town for a Gridiron Gold event. The four-time Super Bowl champ, who earlier said Brady ordered the inflating of footballs but that it is, “No big deal.” This time he added that everyone is doing something to get an added edge on the field.

“Everybody is trying to do something different,” Montana said. “Our offensive linemen used to spray silicone on their shirts until they got caught. Once you get caught, you get caught. Period. It doesn’t take anything away from Tom’s game. But how long has he been doing it? I don’t know.”

Brady, also a four-time Super Bowl Champion, was suspended for four games for his role in the ordeal. He has appealed the league’s discipline, with a hearing scheduled for June 23.

Don't see the comparison between Montana and Brady at all. Not even close.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it hurt your feelings that I read the whole story rather than the one line you did?
no, i read the whole thing. thats why i know you read it too.

good job tho.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also think Flacco is better than Brady so your talent scout skills a questionable at best anyway.

Flacco is about 8 years younger then Brady so it's hard to compare. However in the playoffs head head in those years Flacco has played better then Brady and in the road to boot.

Now Romo is finitely better then Matt Ryan but not in the Flacco/Brady convo til he does anything in the playoffs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is about 8 years younger then Brady so it's hard to compare. However in the playoffs head head in those years Flacco has played better then Brady and in the road to boot.

Now Romo is finitely better then Matt Ryan but not in the Flacco/Brady convo til he does anything in the playoffs.

Funny, I think you are the lone scout putting Flacco and Brady in the same sentence.

Sorry kiddo, Brady is going down as a all time Great, Flacco isn't close.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all get paid way too damn much money for me to give a fuck.

What we should really care about is how the NFL can avoid paying any state and federal taxes to ensure they have a viable program going into the future. :heh:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I think you are the lone scout putting Flacco and Brady in the same sentence.

Sorry kiddo, Brady is going down as a all time Great, Flacco isn't close.

Brady is 38 Flacco is 29...

Brady has 21 playoff victories and #1
Flacco has 10 tied with Ben Rothelisberger for I think 5th all-time beneath a few ties but has been in the league half as long as Brady.

Think what u want but Flacco wins in the playoffs when it matters.
How many playoff wins does Romo have again?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flacco sucks. his name shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is 38 Flacco is 29...

Brady has 21 playoff victories and #1
Flacco has 10 tied with Ben Rothelisberger for I think 5th all-time beneath a few ties but has been in the league half as long as Brady.

Think what u want but Flacco wins in the playoffs when it matters.
How many playoff wins does Romo have again?
Using team accomplishments to argue whether one player is better than the other means you've already lost the argument.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R u really that happy being .500/4-4 in Super bowl appearances....?

Sloppy
how many teams have gone to 8 superbowls?

now, punch yourself in the face 3 times.