• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Healthy Players and Free Agency

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Hobson on Bengals.com

Reader and three technique Larry Ogunjobi, both have a sack. Edge Trey Hendrickson has 2.5. Sam Hubbard, the other edge, has 1.5 sacks. Rotational edge B.J. Hill, has three sacks. They were all born within nearly a year of each other, from June 3, 1994 (Ogunjobi) to June 29, 1995 (Hubbard). All but Hubbard arrived in 2020 or this year.

TERRIFIC THIRD: One of the biggest differences between this year and last year is what the Bengals are doing out of halftime. Last year they were nearly doubled up in the third quarter, 98-53. After four games they've nearly scored as many already with 35 while only giving up one touchdown.

"We're a completely different team than we were last year. You've got your quarterback back, you've got a lot of the guys you've drafted and a lot of the guys are healthy," says head coach Zac Taylor. "We added pieces to our offensive line, and (running back Joe) Mixon's back. You just think of last year and not having Joe and Joe and Jonah (Williams) at times. (Tyler Boyd) missed a couple games there with injuries late. Tee (Higgins) had a hamstring he was dealing with. We didn't have Ja'Marr (Chase). We didn't have C.J. (Uzomah). So now you just add a bunch of pieces and it gets to be more what you look like."

From Me:

This doesn't even account for Trae Waynes who just made his first start as a Bengal, Hilton and Awuzie weren't here, and the play of the Bengals young LBers have been very encouraging.

Those are a lot of pieces that got right in the offseason. Draft, free agency and health. Now, we just need to keep our players healthy and on the field. That is biggest first key to success. Keep your stars on the field.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Hobson on Bengals.com

Reader and three technique Larry Ogunjobi, both have a sack. Edge Trey Hendrickson has 2.5. Sam Hubbard, the other edge, has 1.5 sacks. Rotational edge B.J. Hill, has three sacks. They were all born within nearly a year of each other, from June 3, 1994 (Ogunjobi) to June 29, 1995 (Hubbard). All but Hubbard arrived in 2020 or this year.

TERRIFIC THIRD: One of the biggest differences between this year and last year is what the Bengals are doing out of halftime. Last year they were nearly doubled up in the third quarter, 98-53. After four games they've nearly scored as many already with 35 while only giving up one touchdown.

"We're a completely different team than we were last year. You've got your quarterback back, you've got a lot of the guys you've drafted and a lot of the guys are healthy," says head coach Zac Taylor. "We added pieces to our offensive line, and (running back Joe) Mixon's back. You just think of last year and not having Joe and Joe and Jonah (Williams) at times. (Tyler Boyd) missed a couple games there with injuries late. Tee (Higgins) had a hamstring he was dealing with. We didn't have Ja'Marr (Chase). We didn't have C.J. (Uzomah). So now you just add a bunch of pieces and it gets to be more what you look like."

From Me:

This doesn't even account for Trae Waynes who just made his first start as a Bengal, Hilton and Awuzie weren't here, and the play of the Bengals young LBers have been very encouraging.

Those are a lot of pieces that got right in the offseason. Draft, free agency and health. Now, we just need to keep our players healthy and on the field. That is biggest first key to success. Keep your stars on the field.
This has been a significant issue for the Bengals in the past few years. Injuries have been a real issue for them. I think last year's defensive line was truly an outlier type of year, but I think the trend of injuries wrecking the team has gone on for a few years.... Think back to Marvin's last season - That team was about 30 seconds away from 5-1 against the Steelers. After losing that game they won like one more game the rest of the year..... A big part of that was all the injuries piled up and we didn't have any depth.

We've been lucky this year.... Nothing major as of yet. But, it's most certainly coming - Someone will go down. We just have to hope it's not at a position where we are light (offensive tackle for instance).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a significant issue for the Bengals in the past few years. Injuries have been a real issue for them. I think last year's defensive line was truly an outlier type of year, but I think the trend of injuries wrecking the team has gone on for a few years.... Think back to Marvin's last season - That team was about 30 seconds away from 5-1 against the Steelers. After losing that game they won like one more game the rest of the year..... A big part of that was all the injuries piled up and we didn't have any depth.

We've been lucky this year.... Nothing major as of yet. But, it's most certainly coming - Someone will go down. We just have to hope it's not at a position where we are light (offensive tackle for instance).
The less these guys practice like they used to, the more injuries are going to pop up. They've simply gotten away from preparing their bodies.

I'm not saying they need to go back to the stone-age of football for practice, but all of these non-contact drills and guys sitting out in pre-season simply does not prepare the body for the car wreck that awaits them on Sundays.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we manage to score a win against GB, they should buy all these mofo's a lambo.

boom. don't fail me Zac Taylor.