• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your the epitome of an Internet tough guy on your high horse. You're a little bitch and you know it.
The real bitch is your best friend Mixon. Anyone who does what he did deserves prison time, plain and simple. The fact that he not only didn't do jail time, but was allowed to stay on the team, makes your program look like shit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real bitch is your best friend Mixon. Anyone who does what he did deserves prison time, plain and simple. The fact that he not only didn't do jail time, but was allowed to stay on the team, makes your program look like shit.

And you know what? Nobody gives a flying fuck what you think, zealot.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, those are two different things.

He was penalized, you simply don't agree with the penalty. He didn't get off as you claim. He did in fact pay a price.

You say a one year suspension isn't enough in football terms. You do get if he was expelled he would have 100% been picked up by some other team right? He would have played either way.

I was speaking in legal terms though. We have a system that punishes people and that's where it belongs. We have seen a few glaring cases of schools attempting to punish kids this year that went quite wrong. They are not equipped to handle due justice on campus. Look at the Minnesota shit right now or WSU's legal cases with several fighting incidents this year. What did he pay in terms of penalty from the legal system in Oklahoma? I ask that not know the full answer. And I understand he is facing civil penalties right now.

One year suspension is huge in college football. That's a full year he cannot have any contact with his team and their facilities. No practice, no hanging out with football people in football situations and another year less of film for building a resume. It is seriously impactful. He has had to think about his actions and the consequence ever since that day and it will probably still impact him going into the NFL as this will follow him and dog him for the rest of his life.

Maybe you want more, but to say he paid nothing is just not accurate.

He was given a deferred sentence, probation, and 100 hours of community service.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't allowed to say anything per his attorneys dumb ass. But please continue talking like you fucking know anything about his legal proceedings... Those reporters were directly instructed not to ask about that incident for legal reasons. They ignored that. Frankly, I think he should've told them to fuck off.

Yet when asked. Do you have any remorse over what happened? His response, No. What did you learn about yourself during your one year suspension? His response, What do you mean what did I learn?

If he had even an ounce of intelligence -- he could have squashed much of the SportsHoopla over the incident. That interview makes him look just as bad as the original incident.

He acts put off that someone would dare question something he did.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, those are two different things.

He was penalized, you simply don't agree with the penalty. He didn't get off as you claim. He did in fact pay a price.

You say a one year suspension isn't enough in football terms. You do get if he was expelled he would have 100% been picked up by some other team right? He would have played either way.

I was speaking in legal terms though. We have a system that punishes people and that's where it belongs. We have seen a few glaring cases of schools attempting to punish kids this year that went quite wrong. They are not equipped to handle due justice on campus. Look at the Minnesota shit right now or WSU's legal cases with several fighting incidents this year. What did he pay in terms of penalty from the legal system in Oklahoma? I ask that not know the full answer. And I understand he is facing civil penalties right now.

One year suspension is huge in college football. That's a full year he cannot have any contact with his team and their facilities. No practice, no hanging out with football people in football situations and another year less of film for building a resume. It is seriously impactful. He has had to think about his actions and the consequence every since that day and it will probably still impact him going into the NFL as this will follow him and dog him for the rest of his life.

Maybe you want more, but to say he paid nothing is just not accurate.
Dude, his football career means nothing to me. What he did has nothing to do with him being a football player and everything to do with him being (or at least supposed to be) a grown man who full on slugged a little woman in the face who was posing no threat of real violence. His punishment was bullshit. Boo-hoo, he doesn't get to play football for a year. That woman's face was seriously fucked up because of his thuggish behavior. Had he spent that year in prison, I wouldn't be this disgusted by the current situation. What's even worse is that he was allowed back onto the team. I just can't get past this from a moral standpoint, let alone a legal standpoint.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She pushed him, he spit at here, she went to slap him and before she even made contact he had already started swinging like she was a man.

Kid was obviously abused by his mom/aunt/dad others family members. You don't react like that unless you're used to having other people put their hands on you. If he doesn't make it in the NFL he'll prob just be another dead thug somewhere. I don't care either way.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a good one guys. No doubt this argument will carry on for another 20+ pages, but I have errands to run and shit to do today. I added all I really wanted to toward this discussion and it was purely in the context of what video can and cannot prove alone. I'll leave the rest to matters of opinion and everyone is fully entitled to those.

This was an inexcusable act based off what that video does show, but keep it real and in full context. You cannot make extra claims and project what isn't actually there either.

Have a good one all.

:suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know what? Nobody gives a flying fuck what you think, zealot.
You clearly do, you won't fucking move on from it. Instead you keep making personal insults and acting like you know the first thing about me because I called out your precious RB for the pile of shit he is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet when asked. Do you have any remorse over what happened? His response, No. What did you learn about yourself during your one year suspension? His response, What do you mean what did I learn?

If he had even an ounce of intelligence -- he could have squashed much of the SportsHoopla over the incident. That interview makes him look just as bad as the original incident.

He acts put off that someone would dare question something he did.

They weren't supposed to ask about it at all. Fuck those vultures. Their only concern was trying to get their pound of flesh off a 19 year old kid.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She pushed him, he spit at here, she went to slap him and before she even made contact he had already started swinging like she was a man.

Kid was obviously abused by his mom/aunt/dad others family members. You don't react like that unless you're used to having other people put their hands on you. If he doesn't make it in the NFL he'll prob just be another dead thug somewhere. I don't care either way.

There has been no account that he spit at her from her side or his. That move was repeatedly reported to be a lunge.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly do, you won't fucking move on from it. Instead you keep making personal insults and acting like you know the first thing about me because I called out your precious RB for the pile of shit he is.

And you're over there calling me a woman beater, so yeah. Go fuck yourself, asshole.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're over there calling me a woman beater, so yeah. Go fuck yourself, asshole.
I never once said that. You're the one that started this interaction. If you had genuinely said that you thought what he did was disgusting and deplorable in the previous pages, my apologies. All I've seen you do is argue over "intent" or some other irrelevant bullshit. Anyone who even slightly tries to defend what he did in any capacity is awful.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been no account that he spit at her from her side or his. That move was repeatedly reported to be a lunge.

Either way. She looked taken aback by whatever it was and reacted like all women do, by trying to slap him. And you could tell she regretted that decision moments in. She should have never touched him to begin with, but didn't deserve to be hit like that. I wouldn't want my team drafting him. The media will be all over whoever does. Too much drama.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't supposed to ask about it at all. Fuck those vultures. Their only concern was trying to get their pound of flesh off a 19 year old kid.
More excuses for Mixon. :L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it pisses you off so much, go beat a woman about it. That seems to be alright with you.

^^^^^

I never once said that. You're the one that started this interaction. If you had genuinely said that you thought what he did was disgusting and deplorable in the previous pages, my apologies. All I've seen you do is argue over "intent" or some other irrelevant bullshit. Anyone who even slightly tries to defend what he did in any capacity is awful.

Wanna try lying again, asshole?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, his football career means nothing to me. What he did has nothing to do with him being a football player and everything to do with him being (or at least supposed to be) a grown man who full on slugged a little woman in the face who was posing no threat of real violence. His punishment was bullshit. Boo-hoo, he doesn't get to play football for a year. That woman's face was seriously fucked up because of his thuggish behavior. Had he spent that year in prison, I wouldn't be this disgusted by the current situation. What's even worse is that he was allowed back onto the team. I just can't get past this from a moral standpoint, let alone a legal standpoint.
And I'm telling you that your problem is with the legal system, not the school or defendant.

No non football person would have had a worse outcome from a first offense. I've seen so many of them. We just don't throw the book at people who do very stupid things ONCE. Do it again and yes, you get jail time and massive penalties. If you don't agree with that you are entitled to your view and I'm not trying to debate it.

But you are attempting to have football justice. You did say he shouldn't be playing and I'm not fully sold on that. I've seen way too many flat out blunders in schools making these kinds of decisions. A year suspension is huge whether you like it or not.

Show me a case, any case of his prior physical contact with a woman. I don't care if he was 11 and shoved a girl at a lemonade stand. Anything. It changes everything.

His actions caused her serious bodily harm. I hope she makes a shit ton of money in her civil claim. It is justified. So was every other action against him. But I won't throw away an entire life over one mistake in this manner. That's my opinion and my last word on that.

Again, enjoy your day. Was just adding my 2c and no harm meant to anyone on either side.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, his answers don't count because the press wasn't supposed to ask him tough questions? Fuck that shit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way. She looked taken aback by whatever it was and reacted like all women do, by trying to slap him. And you could tell she regretted that decision moments in. She should have never touched him to begin with, but didn't deserve to be hit like that. I wouldn't want my team drafting him. The media will be all over whoever does. Too much drama.

As I've said from the start. Both deserved to be punished. He's been punished. Time to let him move on.