• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it's easy to sit in your arm chair and say what you would've done at 17 or 18 years old. Fact is, more of y'all would react inappropriately than you'll ever admit. I promise you that.
I remember being 17, 18 years old pretty well. Being in college, there were plenty of times I encountered a drunk chick making a scene and getting in people's faces (sometimes mine). NEVER, EVER did it go through my mind to try and bust a woman's face. No real man does that. This thread is a really, really bad look on some of you Sooner fans trying to defend/downplay this.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. And as a school administrator for 25+ years, I would be willing to bet that Mixon was allowed to get by with a lot of misbehavior when he was young just because of his athletic prowess. Ar at least uncorrected or severely minimally corrected.

Seen it way to often. I could be wrong but if he wasn't corrected for his temper and other actions when younger, then I blame the adults in his life for not doing so. I consider adults that fail to correct misbehavior...or only correct it in a wimpy manner...to be put in the category of child neglect. They are neglecting to prepare them properly for the real world. Allowing kids to misbehave without proper consequences is not doing them any favors. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Thing that was so surprising about this is by all accounts this was very out of character for him. He was and has continued to be a very good student and to my knowledge did not get in fights in high school.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two things are different in the eyes of the law.

Intent is premeditation. By definition it requires you to think about something before hand and do something intentional without regard for consequence.

Poor reaction has no prior intent.
Dude, I do not give two shits about legal jargon. It does not take a J.D. to be able to see what happened. I'm not trying to speculate on what would happen if he went to court. I'm using my own eyes and simple human decency to formulate my opinion on this monster.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being 17, 18 years old pretty well. Being in college, there were plenty of times I encountered a drunk chick making a scene and getting in people's faces (sometimes mine). NEVER, EVER did it go through my mind to try and bust a woman's face. No real man does that. This thread is a really, really bad look on some of you Sooner fans trying to defend/downplay this.

Again, it didn't probably go through his mind either. Reflexes are just that. Reflexes. You do them with thinking.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I do not give two shits about legal jargon. It does not take a J.D. to be able to see what happened. I'm not trying to speculate on what would happen if he went to court. I'm using my own eyes and simple human decency to formulate my opinion on this monster.

Monster? Wow. That's some kind of embellishment, bud.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... you've got to be kidding. This kid is a violent thug, plain and simple. I don't give two shits about previous fights he has been in. This woman is half his size, and he did everything wrong in this altercation. Legal terms mean jack shit when you see a video of a 230 lb athlete slug a small woman in the face and cause serious harm. He had PLENTY of options that would have been the adult way to handle this, and instead he chose to fuck this girl's face up. As I said, he is a straight up violent thug and he belongs in prison.
I'm telling you what the law would see from this tape. I take nothing else into account at all. Just what this tape does, and does not actually show in legal terms.

He for sure was entirely and completely wrong in his reaction and I've said that since my first post on this. I cannot be more clear on that in any way. He deserves whatever the law in Oklahoma has as a consequence from what was first degree assault/battery in it's outcome. He deserves whatever civil penalties he suffered from it as well. It was entirely wrong.

Unless you can show me some sort of history of his violence particularly against women, we do not as a society have a one strike and you are out policy. He has the right to pay his price and attempt to move on and do better until he proves he cannot do so.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it didn't probably go through his mind either. Reflexes are just that. Reflexes. You do them with thinking.
What would your thoughts be about a dog owner who beats his dog for shitting on the floor? It isn't like he had it in his head that he wanted to beat his dog, it was just reflexory. That excuse is bullshit in both cases.

That girl got in his face (her fault), and he made the worst possible decisions he possibly could have. THOSE are the reflexes of a violent, awful person. If she had taken off her high heal and was swinging it at his face, or if she had a weapon that could cause serious damage, I'd get it. Clearly that wasn't the case. His defense was "she was using racial slurs". Dude, fuck that. Grow up and get some thicker skin.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you know the specifics surrounding the Cartlon Bragg situation as a fan of KU basketball? There is video evidence of that assault as well. The police came out and said that upon their review after "about the eighth punch and slap" from his girlfriend, Bragg pushes her back to protect himself and his girlfriend falls backward into an assending staircase. The charges have been dropped against Bragg and his girlfriend has now been charged with assault.
I'll have to admit I haven't heard this last tidbit. I've been busy with finals so I've been out of the loop. I'll look into it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would your thoughts be about a dog owner who beats his dog for shitting on the floor? It isn't like he had it in his head that he wanted to beat his dog, it was just reflexory. That excuse is bullshit in both cases.

That girl got in his face (her fault), and he made the worst possible decisions he possibly could have. THOSE are the reflexes of a violent, awful person. If she had taken off her high heal and was swinging it at his face, or if she had a weapon that could cause serious damage, I'd get it. Clearly that wasn't the case. His defense was "she was using racial slurs". Dude, fuck that. Grow up and get some thicker skin.

I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest fucking analogy you could've possibly come up with. Thanks for proving you're a complete moron.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are assuming things and projecting things I have not read in this case and using it to appear to want to remove this kid from society permanently. At least you are coming across like that.

Guaranteed if this was a kid at OSU your reaction would be at least somewhat more tempered and most of the OU guys would be closer to your reaction now. I don't have a dog in this hunt and only came to it to correct gross mischaracterizations of what this tape actually shows. I do not wish to change anyone's opinions, just correct the facts.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you were raised to think cold-cocking women half your size is alright. I was raised better, I guess.

Again, pure red herring dumb assery right here. Gtfo with that shit b

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State fans think Oklahoma fans are embarrassing themselves defending something indefensible

Come on Land thieves, you have to have some sense of decency

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you what the law would see from this tape. I take nothing else into account at all. Just what this tape does, and does not actually show in legal terms.

He for sure was entirely and completely wrong in his reaction and I've said that since my first post on this. I cannot be more clear on that in any way. He deserves whatever the law in Oklahoma has as a consequence from what was first degree assault/battery in it's outcome. He deserves whatever civil penalties he suffered from it as well. It was entirely wrong.

Unless you can show me some sort of history of his violence particularly against women, we do not as a society have a one strike and you are out policy. He has the right to pay his price and attempt to move on and do better until he proves he cannot do so.
I agree with your first two paragraphs, but I'm not talking about legality whatsoever. This is a problem of moral fortitude. Also, history of violence is a history of violence, regardless of gender.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State fans think Oklahoma fans are embarrassing themselves defending something indefensible

Come on Land thieves, you have to have some sense of decency

Yes. I'm sure you're so unbiased. Fuck off.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest fucking analogy you could've possibly come up with. Thanks for proving you're a complete moron.
Really? It's not premeditated, right? Isn't that what matters?

Again, pure red herring dumb assery right here. Gtfo with that shit b
You do not know what that phrase means.

As I said, this thread is really making a lot of OU fans look bad. I generally get along with you guys, but anyone who watches this and would still want this POS on their team, or would even slightly defend it, just looks really bad.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason you want to keep attaching intent as some sort of huge difference maker.

The owner that beat his dog beat his dog under the law and should be penalized for it.

Mixon physically assaulted a woman causing extensive injury to her and should be punished for it. He was.

It doesn't require intent to penalize. His reaction was entirely unjustifiable and subject to full prosecution. And he was.

I'm not sure what more you want, but change the laws then. If he deserves life in prison then go petition for that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are assuming things and projecting things I have not read in this case and using it to appear to want to remove this kid from society permanently. At least you are coming across like that.

Guaranteed if this was a kid at OSU your reaction would be at least somewhat more tempered and most of the OU guys would be closer to your reaction now. I don't have a dog in this hunt and only came to it to correct gross mischaracterizations of what this tape actually shows. I do not wish to change anyone's opinions, just correct the facts.
Guaranteed this is the exact opposite. Back when Storm Klein was at OSU, I was disgusted that his team suspension was lifted when his girlfriend dropped charges against him. What he did to her wasn't even as bad as what Mixon did and I wanted that thug off of our team and out of the school right away. He's a piece of shit and so is Mixon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? It's not premeditated, right? Isn't that what matters?

You do not know what that phrase means.

As I said, this thread is really making a lot of OU fans look bad. I generally get along with you guys, but anyone who watches this and would still want this POS on their team, or would even slightly defend it, just looks really bad.

Those two situations are not even in the same fucking zip code. Fuck off with that weak ass shit.