• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you for real? He broke four bones in her face.

The punch broke bones.. or hitting the table broke bones? He's wrong for sure, but I don't think he intended to inflict that level of damage.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if this is serious or not. Being a 200+ lb muscle-bound athlete, throwing a punch at a much smaller female, means you are intending harm. There is never a time where you swing your fist at a person's face without the intent to harm. It wasn't like she had a spider on her cheek he was trying to smash or something. He fucked her up, just like he meant to.

Think what he's saying is the punch was reflexive. Not a planned and pre mediated action. Or at least you can't prove that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the table did.

Hey look. It is Romeo making the story up as he goes again -- she spit on him, she called him the n word, Mixon didn't hit her full force, Mixon didn't break bones in her face, the table did.

BIGGEST HOMER ON THIS SITE. :pound:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh spare me, if it was up to me Mixon, Hill, and Bragg are off their respective teams right now. I dislike obnoxious nonsense though- so I'll give you a hard time for it.

Don't you know the specifics surrounding the Cartlon Bragg situation as a fan of KU basketball? There is video evidence of that assault as well. The police came out and said that upon their review after "about the eighth punch and slap" from his girlfriend, Bragg pushes her back to protect himself and his girlfriend falls backward into an assending staircase. The charges have been dropped against Bragg and his girlfriend has now been charged with assault.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The punch broke bones.. or hitting the table broke bones? He's wrong for sure, but I don't think he intended to inflict that level of damage.

Right. It was reactionary. Not pre mediated. Like I said, one thing the media got quite wrong is he did not rear back and throw a haymaker.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look. It is Romeo making the story up as he goes again -- she spit on him, she called him the n word, Mixon didn't hit her full force, Mixon didn't break bones in her face, the table did.

Disprove anything I said or stfu about it, and quit with your red herring bullshit. You're twice as guilty of what you're accusing me of and you damn well know it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if this is serious or not. Being a 200+ lb muscle-bound athlete, throwing a punch at a much smaller female, means you are intending harm. There is never a time where you swing your fist at a person's face without the intent to harm. It wasn't like she had a spider on her cheek he was trying to smash or something. He fucked her up, just like he meant to.
I came from an industry that broke down in legal terms what you can, and cannot support with video.

For example, I cannot EVER say someone is drunk. I can say someone was staggering and put into words what physically was on that tape, but NEVER what might be IMPLIED from it.

Intention requires forethought in the eyes of the law. This was reactionary. It was a super bad very poor reaction, but it was still a reaction.

He responded in a similar way to what he might if a guy had punched him. We do not know what kinds of fights he has been in before and what he is conditioned to do in response to contact with him. You need a lot more information to establish that sort of thing.

And you cannot EVER get that from a short video.

I will stick to ONLY what the video does indeed show. That's what my training was about.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you don't intend to inflict damage like that, don't punch someone half your size. And it doesn't matter if the punch, table or floor broke bones -- it is all a result of the punch

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think what he's saying is the punch was reflexive. Not a planned and pre mediated action. Or at least you can't prove that.
That doesn't mean he didn't intend to harm her. What he did is the reflex of a violent, awful person. That girl is half his size. A real man at most grabs ahold of her to simply incapacitate her until she calms down (which would've been easy given how much bigger and stronger he is), or just walks away. What he did is the sign of a coward. After seeing this video, it's disgraceful that Stoops hasn't come out and announced that Mixon has been dismissed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't intend to inflict damage like that, don't punch someone half your size. And it doesn't matter if the punch, table or floor broke bones -- it is all a result of the punch

If you don't want to get punched don't put your hands on somebody.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my experience much of the worst damage done to anyone in a fight happens when they hit the ground/table/etc, but that doesn't change the person who cased that contact, nor the level of punishment deserved from it.

You wish to make claims based off the video and yet chide others for doing so as well? :L

If you want to criticize at least keep it real.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean he didn't intend to harm her. What he did is the reflex of a violent, awful person. That girl is half his size. A real man at most grabs ahold of her to simply incapacitate her until she calms down (which would've been easy given how much bigger and stronger he is), or just walks away. What he did is the sign of a coward. After seeing this video, it's disgraceful that Stoops hasn't come out and announced that Mixon has been dismissed.

Again, it's easy to sit in your arm chair and say what you would've done at 17 or 18 years old. Fact is, more of y'all would react inappropriately than you'll ever admit. I promise you that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disprove anything I said or stfu about it, and quit with your red herring bullshit. You're twice as guilty of what you're accusing me of and you damn well know it.
Hey look. It is romeo making up stories again.

The problem with saying I am making it up -- is it has come from your own newspaper and the facts from the police report. What you are doing is taking the story Mixon said happened and trying to pass it off as truth, even though the charges in the case say otherwise.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came from an industry that broke down in legal terms what you can, and cannot support with video.

For example, I cannot EVER say someone is drunk. I can say someone was staggering and put into words what physically was on that tape, but NEVER what might be IMPLIED from it.

Intention requires forethought in the eyes of the law. This was reactionary. It was a super bad very poor reaction, but it was still a reaction.

He responded in a similar way to what he might if a guy had punched him. We do not know what kinds of fights he has been in before and what he is conditioned to do in response to contact with him. You need a lot more information to establish that sort of thing.

And you cannot EVER get that from a short video.

I will stick to ONLY what the video does indeed show. That's what my training was about.
Dude... you've got to be kidding. This kid is a violent thug, plain and simple. I don't give two shits about previous fights he has been in. This woman is half his size, and he did everything wrong in this altercation. Legal terms mean jack shit when you see a video of a 230 lb athlete slug a small woman in the face and cause serious harm. He had PLENTY of options that would have been the adult way to handle this, and instead he chose to fuck this girl's face up. As I said, he is a straight up violent thug and he belongs in prison.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience much of the worst damage done to anyone in a fight happens when they hit the ground/table/etc, but that doesn't change the person who cased that contact, nor the level of punishment deserved from it.

You wish to make claims based off the video and yet chide others for doing so as well? :L

If you want to criticize at least keep it real.

Dumbass doesn't think others see he's doing exactly what he's accusing others of doing all day.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It was reactionary. Not pre mediated. Like I said, one thing the media got quite wrong is he did not rear back and throw a haymaker.

Yup, this is exactly what I'm seeing. Was he wrong? Absolutely.. and he should pay for what he did. But this is one bad decision that happened in the heat of the moment. So I'm not going to give him the 'death penalty' just yet. Now, it'll be a different story if this sort of behavior continues.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw I do not believe this young man deserves any kind of career death penalty either. He clearly made a huge mistake with a huge lack of judgement in a split second decision and deserves whatever legal penalty he received from it, but we live in a society of second chances and you can't throw away an entire life over one very stupid decision from someone so young. If he never does anything like this again he should be able to continue to play football and build his career.
Agree. And as a school administrator for 25+ years, I would be willing to bet that Mixon was allowed to get by with a lot of misbehavior when he was young just because of his athletic prowess. Ar at least uncorrected or severely minimally corrected.

Seen it way to often. I could be wrong but if he wasn't corrected for his temper and other actions when younger, then I blame the adults in his life for not doing so. I consider adults that fail to correct misbehavior...or only correct it in a wimpy manner...to be put in the category of child neglect. They are neglecting to prepare them properly for the real world. Allowing kids to misbehave without proper consequences is not doing them any favors. I'll get off my soapbox now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean he didn't intend to harm her. What he did is the reflex of a violent, awful person.
These two things are different in the eyes of the law.

Intent is premeditation. By definition it requires you to think about something before hand and do something intentional without regard for consequence.

Poor reaction has no prior intent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look. It is romeo making up stories again.

The problem with saying I am making it up -- is it has come from your own newspaper and the facts from the police report. What you are doing is taking the story Mixon said happened and trying to pass it off as truth, even though the charges in the case say otherwise.

You're doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing. Stfu and move on. Everyone knows how you feel and how you feel doesn't mean shit. So go cry about it.