• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, what's your point? It's he said/she said. Her claims are no more valid than his. Try again, sport.
What little I read of both sides claims had false assessments of what actually happened, but then that happens in nearly every case I've ever seen.

Rarely have I ever had to testify for a defense attorney so I'm a bit jaded, but most defense attorneys are fucking just stupid with the claims they make to try and get their clients off. The system in general is so broken a lot of the time.

I get why both made the claims they did, but both are just wrong. Her lawyers didn't need to embellish things more to get any kind of pain and suffering kind of judgement. The actual footage of contact and how she couldn't stand up afterward were proof enough things went way too far. But they NEVER just stick to the facts and let that be enough.

I had a case once of a dude who cheated on a table. Pinched a $100 chip off a bet he had already made when he was clear he was going to lose the hand. Slam dunk case with multiple angles showing what he did.

His lawyer argued in pretrial that some footage should be excluded and no references to it should be discussed in front of the jury (yes, they asked for a jury trial over $100 theft :L ) because it was potentially prejudicial because it showed his defendant drinking a beer before this happened. And it still baffles me that it was accepted and excluded (fucking retarded system).

Then his lawyer attempted to discredit me and get the case thrown out by hounding me why there was missing footage of time before the event. I couldn't refer to it directly because the court ruled it could not be discussed.

This type of bullshit happens in pretty much every case. We waste a shit load of taxpayer money supporting a system that lacks anything resembling common sense.

BTW, that jackass was still convicted of cheating. His attorney didn't get away with his attempted bullshit. When he tried to discredit me I simply said due to pretrial motions I'm allowed to discuss the particulars of evidence that was presented and is now not part of the record. He attempted to protest that response and was denied because he brought it up. The jury had no problems with sticking to the jackass.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit her in the back of the head. You're clearly seeing what you want to. Second, if you think that was a full force punch, you clearly don't know the first damn thing about fighting.

Wow. You are the biggest homer fan I've ever seen. :pound:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.
A lot of people don't see it as I do.
I have thought this from day 1, and this video only solidifies that in my mind.

Mixon is a really good player.
Good luck to Joe moving forward.

I think between this and the incident with the parking ticket situation a couple months back prove that he's a despicable human being. I'm sure he's not the only college football player that fits into that category though. There's more out there.

And he is a good player. I enjoy watching him play.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's exactly what I did for a living. I didn't get context on the video that I gathered and at times testified over. I didn't get who said what or what happened off camera that might have impact on the case. I specifically had just whatever video was there and broke down in legal terms only what that video showed.

In that context some of what has been claimed up here is just wrong. I make no claims about what lead up to that moment. I'm sure there is more to the full story. I can only say at that time of contact the return contact on his part was entirely and completely 100% wrong without exception. There is zero justification for that contact at that time in this case.

I've only served on a jury once, but it was a domestic violence case. In the end we came to the conclusion that it was two drunken idiots who got in an argument and she charged at him knocking both of them to the ground. But is was touch to get out of the mindset that we needed to get him on something because there was a woman involved. Anyways, I see what you're saying. I think we all walked away with more questions than answers because neither of them really told us the truth. Maybe if mixon had it to do over again he would have just lightly pushed her away instead of hitting her back.. whether he intended to really hurt her on not, that contact caused her to hit the table which likely caused the injuries.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A judge has already tossed two of her three civil claims.
How about this. I will wager you a lifetime ban from this site. Once he signs his name on the dotted line in the NFL -- he will be dealing with a civil suit. And he will either settle or lose that suit.

Since it was self defense and the judge is throwing out her suits. You should be quite confident in a wager like this.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think between this and the incident with the parking ticket situation a couple months back prove that he's a despicable human being. I'm sure he's not the only college football player that fits into that category though. There's more out there.

And he is a good player. I enjoy watching him play.

He got into an argument with a meter nazi and he's a despicable human being? Yeah, I'm sure you're history is pure as the driven snow... :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part didn't look he tried to knock her out? The closed fist punch at full force to the jaw?
Again, prove intent and what he was thinking based off just that video.

Go for it.

Can't be done. Doesn't work like that. All you can say is what actually is shown on that video. She initiates contact, he makes a move in her direction appearing to say something back, she goes toward him and slaps him fairly weakly in the cheek/neck area and he immediately returns with a wide rounding swing that makes contact somewhere on the side/back area of her face. The actual contact point isn't visible.

It was reactionary. Sure, she started the escalation. There is no denying that. His was a reaction that is not justifiable in any way, but he intended to harm her? :L No, that would be the case if he came in after her and made first contact with that sort of swing. Maybe.

You can't make claims on intent based off that video. Period.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part didn't look he tried to knock her out? The closed fist punch at full force to the jaw?

The video is horrible and I can't really tell if it was a punch or a slap. It just didn't look like a knock-out punch to me. But again, not saying it's right.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this. I will wager you a lifetime ban from this site. Once he signs his name on the dotted line in the NFL -- he will be dealing with a civil suit. And he will either settle or lose that suit.

Since it was self defense and the judge is throwing out her suits. You should be quite confident in a wager like this.

That's incredibly stupid. The last time that happened it fizzled out horribly. I have no reason to believe you wouldn't back out of that, and I'm not putting my ability to post here on a bet either way. That's fucking stupid. I will promise you he'll play in the NFL.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video is horrible and I can't really tell if it was a punch or a slap. It just didn't look like a knock-out punch to me. But again, not saying it's right.
Are you for real? He broke four bones in her face.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only served on a jury once, but it was a domestic violence case. In the end we came to the conclusion that it was two drunken idiots who got in an argument and she charged at him knocking both of them to the ground. But is was touch to get out of the mindset that we needed to get him on something because there was a woman involved. Anyways, I see what you're saying. I think we all walked away with more questions than answers because neither of them really told us the truth. Maybe if mixon had it to do over again he would have just lightly pushed her away instead of hitting her back.. whether he intended to really hurt her on not, that contact caused her to hit the table which likely caused the injuries.
There for sure is a different standard for football players and that is rightfully so. Not because they are famous, but because any football player outside of maybe a kicker/punter is a fully conditioned athlete and what is perceived as a danger or threat to them is nothing like what would be for you and I. A large Samoan would be treated differently than a 100lb nerd. They aren't the same.

We do go overboard on cases with men/women involved in altercations and things like the Ray Rice thing really don't help that. The law does in most cases get it right in my experience. It wasn't always that way, but is more in line in the last 15-20 years.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's incredibly stupid. The last time that happened it fizzled out horribly. I have no reason to believe you wouldn't back out of that, and I'm not putting my ability to post here on a bet either way. That's fucking stupid. I will promise you he'll play in the NFL.

I see you share some of the same traits as Joe Mixon. :suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, prove intent and what he was thinking based off just that video.

Go for it.

Can't be done. Doesn't work like that. All you can say is what actually is shown on that video. She initiates contact, he makes a move in her direction appearing to say something back, she goes toward him and slaps him fairly weakly in the cheek/neck area and he immediately returns with a wide rounding swing that makes contact somewhere on the side/back area of her face. The actual contact point isn't visible.

It was reactionary. Sure, she started the escalation. There is no denying that. His was a reaction that is not justifiable in any way, but he intended to harm her? :L No, that would be the case if he came in after her and made first contact with that sort of swing. Maybe.

You can't make claims on intent based off that video. Period.
I can't tell if this is serious or not. Being a 200+ lb muscle-bound athlete, throwing a punch at a much smaller female, means you are intending harm. There is never a time where you swing your fist at a person's face without the intent to harm. It wasn't like she had a spider on her cheek he was trying to smash or something. He fucked her up, just like he meant to.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you for real? He broke four bones in her face.
And she couldn't stand up under her own power quite a bit after it happened. She was woozy as fuck and bleeding. That part of the video alone was powerful in the eyes of the law. It was very much ray rice like in impact.