• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going out on a limb and saying the cops interviewed the witnesses. Just a stab in the dark

Yes, what's your point? It's he said/she said. Her claims are no more valid than his. Try again, sport.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no!!! @Bamabino gave me a rainbow. He really showed me!!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, what's your point? It's he said/she said. Her claims are no more valid than his. Try again, sport.

You do know what a witness is, right? It is only he said/she said, if there are NO WITNESSES.

And seeing as how he is the one who was charged with a crime -- I'm going out on another limb and saying those witness accounts were more valid than the story he made up afterward to try and cover his ass.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:@ at all the pussies here defending hitting a woman under any circumstances other than life-threatening.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know what a witness is, right? It is only he said/she said, if there are NO WITNESSES.

And seeing as how he is the one who was charged with a crime -- I'm going out on another limb and saying those witness accounts were more valid than the story he made up afterward to try and cover his ass.

Fine. It's her witnesses said/his witnesses said. Stop being so obtuse.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:@ at all the pussies here defending hitting a woman under any circumstances other than life-threatening.

:pound: at you being the biggest pussy on tHoop.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to gloss over the fact that you've defended men in cases like this. But we're trying to base an opinion off of 38 seconds of video. I need to know more before making any sort of decision. That said, I"m not a violent person, so if I were on the jury, I'd more than likely side w/the girl in this case.

I agree. But what I hope happens is Joe Mixon has to pay for all of her out of pocket expenses and the "damages for mental anguish, etc." comes to a small amount of about $20,000. In other words, let the jury send a message to everyone that starting a confrontation with someone else probably isn't going to be worth it in a lot of ways. I know I wouldn't go fuck with Mike Tyson and go through what she has gone through for a lousy $20,000.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. It's her witnesses said/his witnesses said. Stop being so obtuse.

Who are his witnesses? He walks inside on his own. His witnesses are standing outside the front door, exactly what the other witnesses said.

After he punches her, he walks out the front door with 'his witnesses'. (Alone)

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell. The media tried to make it sound like he coiled up like Mike Tyson and threw a big overhand right. I train in martial arts, and he most definitely did not do that. That was an extremely reflexive swing, and frankly, if she hadn't bounced her face off the table probably wouldn't have suffered the facial injuries she did. That doesn't make it okay, just the fact of the matter. Mixon has enough fast twitch fibers to launch her off her feet. That definitely was not anything close to a haymaker.

That was my thought on this as well. It just didn't look like he tried to knock her out. More like get her away from him. At any rate, I hope he at least learned from this.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But what I hope happens is Joe Mixon has to pay for all of her out of pocket expenses and the "damages for mental anguish, etc." comes to a small amount of about $20,000. In other words, let the jury send a message to everyone that starting a confrontation with someone else probably isn't going to be worth it in a lot of ways. I know I wouldn't go fuck with Mike Tyson and go through what she has gone through for a lousy $20,000.

Amen to that. Sometimes it's best to just not run your mouth because you might not be happy with the consequences.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If y'all wanted an excuse to get rid of Stoops, here's your golden ticket. He should be fired.

Or maybe all of these:

Cz1fru9UQAApBM1.jpg:large

Deplorable and absolutely disgusting.

Those are all great players though including Frank Shannon, another victim like Mixon was.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20k isn't even going to cover the lawyer fees. He is going to get lambasted in a civil case and has no one to blame but himself. He just needs to hope he doesn't bust out of the NFL, because he will be kissing goodbye most of his initial contract.

And according to the Oklahoman (not sure if that is a college or national paper). She had no idea who he was, as he had only been on campus a little bit (said he had turned 18 the day before the incident). So it isn't like she thought to herself -- if I can get this guy to punch me, in 3 or 4 years, if he makes it to the NFL, I can sue him

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought on this as well. It just didn't look like he tried to knock her out. More like get her away from him. At any rate, I hope he at least learned from this.

Which part didn't look he tried to knock her out? The closed fist punch at full force to the jaw?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20k isn't even going to cover the lawyer fees. He is going to get lambasted in a civil case and has no one to blame but himself. He just needs to hope he doesn't bust out of the NFL, because he will be kissing goodbye most of his initial contract.

And according to the Oklahoman (not sure if that is a college or national paper). She had no idea who he was, as he had only been on campus a little bit (said he had turned 18 the day before the incident). So it isn't like she thought to herself -- if I can get this guy to punch me, in 3 or 4 years, if he makes it to the NFL, I can sue him

A judge has already tossed two of her three civil claims.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part didn't look he tried to knock her out? The closed fist punch at full force to the jaw?

He hit her in the back of the head. You're clearly seeing what you want to. Second, if you think that was a full force punch, you clearly don't know the first damn thing about fighting.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, just stop. We get it. You hate Joe Mixon. Fine. Now stop trying to convince everyone else he deserves to be ruined for life. You've beat this horse to death. The rest of us think he was justifiably punished and should receive some additional, limited financial punishment including paying her reasonable attorney's bills. Drop it. You have become obsessed with this thing.