• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, Mixon is on ESPN again. For the 20th time this morning.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd In before snarky comment about taking my ball and going home!

Maybe it's just the fact that you have 11k posts and you're a fucking Kansas football fan that I can't summon the motivation to hold your hand and walk you step by step through my interactions with each poster in this thread. You seem incapable of deciphering the context of specific discussions here and you keep cherry picking.

Yeah, I am a noob now. Interesting. Definitely distracts from poking holes in your narrative (hint, that's not cherry picking for me to point out where you were wrong) and it's not the only comment that demonstrates a "told you so" component. You seem so intent on telling people what did and didn't happen, but you consistently get it wrong and your analogies for explaining it are just as bad. Dressing up nonsense as "context" is hilarious; especially when you're telling me about handholding. You started the pissing contest with this thread, so you may as well end it. So, yeah, makes sense you made that prediction at least. Snarky too...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Ravens fan I have no idea how you can feel this way. Seeing the event was the only difference in the perception and penalty for Ray Rice when compared to other athletes who did the exact same thing.
It morally makes sense. That's not how many people behave for a variety of reasons, however. Some will get penalized regardless just because the action is so blatantly disgusting. As I mentioned before with the Ray Rice stuff, the situation is different (largely based on age, production, etc as cold as that sounds) enough where it essentially amounts to apples and oranges.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am a noob now. Interesting. Definitely distracts from poking holes in your narrative (hint, that's not cherry picking for me to point out where you were wrong) and it's not the only comment that demonstrates a "told you so" component. You seem so intent on telling people what did and didn't happen, but you consistently get it wrong and your analogies for explaining it are just as bad. Dressing up nonsense as "context" is hilarious; especially when you're telling me about handholding. You started the pissing contest with this thread, so you may as well end it. So, yeah, makes sense you made that prediction at least. Snarky too...

Is this gonna be one of those deals where you follow me around in different threads now? That's gonna get old fast.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I get that this is your one shot in the year to actually add something of value to the CFB forum... Really making the most of it.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up Clown. You don't know jack shit. If he attacked a cop, yup he'd be a thug bitch but he didn't, was self defense so fuck off what you think of me.

This Self Defense quote of yours. I just want to clarify that you are talking about Mixon hitting that woman.
IYO, Mixon acted in self defense, right?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up Clown. You don't know jack shit. If he attacked a cop, yup he'd be a thug bitch but he didn't, was self defense so fuck off what you think of me.
:stephena:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She will get paid. He will lose millions and his reputation will be tarnished forever.

The only other think I'm going to say on the subject is at no point did he feel threatened. Self defense is when you feel like you are in danger. He was so physically superior to her that she was no threat to harm him.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it. Exactly what I said happened happened. She called him over. She's clearly talking shit the whole time. He decides "fuck this I'm out". She says something to him that clearly got his attention, he turned back and she put her hands on him first. What he did next could barely be called a lunge. He kept his hands at his side. At least a half second passed and she made a decision to slap him. (Second time she put her hands on him). Then he one timed her as a reflex and left.

So let's recap:

She escalated the situation by calling him over to talk shit.

He made a move to leave.

She escalated the situation again by saying something that clearly got his attention. (Supposedly called him a racial slur)

She shoved him. (Physical assault.)

He did not touch her. He kept his hands down. He made a "lunge" in the loosest sense of the word.

She hauled off and slapped him (Physical assault #2)

He reflexively hit her on instinct. (Aggravated assault at worst)

He left.

So did Mixon deserve reprimand? Absolutely. Did she? You better fucking believe it. She received no formal punishment from the school for escalating the situation twice and then assaulting him twice. Additionally, she had warrants that she was not held accountable for at the time. So, exactly what we've been saying all along is true. He deserved to be punished. His punishment was sir. Especially in light of the fact that she received no formal
Punishment. Beyond that, I give absolutely zero fucks what you think. Those are the facts. There is a reason her attorneys did not want this video released and this is why. It shows her continuously escalating the situation. It shows him trying to leave, and it shows her physically assaulting him twice.

And this is what's wrong with society.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why neither party wanted this video to come out. Both made false claims. There was no spitting, clearly. He did turn away, but also had no problem turning back toward her. She pushed him, but that was not a hard/violent push. And there is justification because of that slap? :L That was a weak ass slap that barely grazed the side of the face. It was more in the neck area and was quite slow/weak in delivery.

That was a massive and entirely completely unacceptable reaction on his part. Period. Stop. End of discussion.

She should have been charged? :L Wow. Being a homer is one thing, but that's just retardedly stupid. I worked for 12 years in surveillance putting cases together for law enforcement and testified in many court cases. A huge part of it was fighting and assault related. There is no chance she would have been charged with any of that contact. Even if it was against another chick or someone smaller than her. Zero. That was not a violent push as was claimed by his attorney. Not by the definition of that term. And it was a pretty lazy slap.

I've seen plenty of cases where a female initiates contact or otherwise furthers a physical altercation and either deserves to be charged or otherwise deserves the return contact. This isn't one of them. Not at all in any way. And I've helped more than one male defend their contact with women at one of our facilities.

Anyone suggesting she got what was coming to her is a pathetic human being.

And no, I'm not singling out any one poster so save me the 'I didn't say that' bullshit. If you believe it was even partially justified it applies to you. If you think she should have had more done to her it applies to you.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She will get paid. He will lose millions and his reputation will be tarnished forever.

The only other think I'm going to say on the subject is at no point did he feel threatened. Self defense is when you feel like you are in danger. He was so physically superior to her that she was no threat to harm him.

I don't agree with violence, but I hate double standards. That's like me going up to the biggest guy in the bar, bitch smacking him, then telling him he can't hit me back because I'll lose the fight. Further more, this shit happens in the trailer parks all the time and nobody gives a crap because no one involved has any money.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with violence, but I hate double standards. That's like me going up to the biggest guy in the bar, bitch smacking him, then telling him he can't hit me back because I'll lose the fight. Further more, this shit happens in the trailer parks all the time and nobody gives a crap because no one involved has any money.
I've seen and defended quite a few cases of men striking a woman that was at least partially justified. There are aggressive women or women who closed fist strike others.

This wasn't one of those.

I do not believe there is never a case where a man can return physical contact with a woman. I've seen way too many cases to support it. Hell, I've seen chicks flat out knock a dude out. There are bad ass chicks around.

She isn't one of them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw I do not believe this young man deserves any kind of career death penalty either. He clearly made a huge mistake with a huge lack of judgement in a split second decision and deserves whatever legal penalty he received from it, but we live in a society of second chances and you can't throw away an entire life over one very stupid decision from someone so young. If he never does anything like this again he should be able to continue to play football and build his career.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen and defended quite a few cases of men striking a woman that was at least partially justified. There are aggressive women or women who closed fist strike others.

This wasn't one of those.

I do not believe there is never a case where a man can return physical contact with a woman. I've seen way too many cases to support it. Hell, I've seen chicks flat out knock a dude out. There are bad ass chicks around.

She isn't one of them.

You're really getting into a grey area here. What's the cut off for being able to physically confront another human being. Is it ok for me to hit ronda rousey back because she can knock me out? Can I even hit her first since she will likely turn around and beat the shit out of me? I don't know anything about mixon, but it took something major for him to lose his shit and hit his girl in a crowded room. Some people are VERY good an inflicting mental abuse on others and maybe he'd just had enough. Now, you can probably argue that he should have just severed all contact with her and avoided this altogether, but I don't know the whole story either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggie trash? I'm not the one here defending a little bitch that hits women and the people that determined he still deserves to represent the university. If you and Mixon are examples of an OU "man", I'm happy to be "Aggie Trash".

No the punishment was a joke. Mixon and everyone with OU is a POS for how this was handled. But, hey if you guys think it's OK to have a punk bitch that hits women on the team if it helps you win a few games, so be it. Just be ready for everyone that has a working moral compass to pass judgement on the character of everyone involved.

You said speaking in absolutes makes me an idiot. I asked you when it was acceptable to use violence towards women. So answer the fucking question. Give me an example of when "knocking a bitch out" is acceptable because "she brought it on herself" or was "asking for it".

Go fuck your self, Aggie trash.