• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who speak in absolutes are fucking idiots. Second, I don't know where you're seeing he spit in her face. Nobody has claimed that and the video doesn't show it. He made a "lunge" as her attorney calls it. Neither side ever said he spit in her face. Nobody has said it. You're making shit up.

Well, you would know all about being an idiot.

So tell me when it is acceptable to hit a woman. What circumstances warrant cold cocking a woman? What justifies "knocking a bitch out"?

I sure as hell didn't see anything close to something that would warrant a man putting his hands on a woman in the video and if Joe was a man he would have just said "Whatever" and walked away.

So, go ahead and try to defend your punk bitch running back and your wormmy & winning at all cost head coach, but the fact of the matter is that Joe Mixon should never have thrown that punch and Bob Stoops and everyone with any authority at OU should neve have let him set foot on campus (much less the football field) again.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, no. Ray Rice was flat bad at being an NFL RB by the time his incident happened. Mixon is a prospect. If Tyreek freaking Hill, Frank Clark, and DGB can get drafted, any POS can so long as prison doesn't get in the way. This is exactly why you're wrong, you keep harping on precedent when you don't have the slightest clue what the precedent actually IS. Especially given the topic relates to the NFL, which you are pretty consistently showing confirmation bias here.

Ugh. Do I have to spell it out for you? My main point was that we were looking at a situation where a football player hit a woman, then there was some mild backlash and then all was quiet on the western front until boom. Shareable video that spreads like wild fire.

I didn't say it was right or wrong that it was going to go down like this. I just knew this is exactly how our ass backwards society digests information in the era of social media.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you would know all about being an idiot.

So tell me when it is acceptable to hit a woman. What circumstances warrant cold cocking a woman? What justifies "knocking a bitch out"?

I sure as hell didn't see anything close to something that would warrant a man putting his hands on a woman in the video and if Joe was a man he would have just said "Whatever" and walked away.

So, go ahead and try to defend your punk bitch running back and your wormmy & winning at all cost head coach, but the fact of the matter is that Joe Mixon should never have thrown that punch and Bob Stoops and everyone with any authority at OU should neve have let him set foot on campus (much less the football field) again.

Go fuck your self. I've already stated he deserved his punishment and it was fair. I give no shits what you think, Aggie trash. Go jack off into a semen jar. In the meantime, stop making shit up, Aggie trash.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Do I have to spell it out for you? My main point was that we were looking at a situation where a football player hit a woman, then there was some mild backlash and then all was quiet on the western front until boom. Shareable video that spreads like wild fire.

I didn't say it was right or wrong that it was going to go down like this. I just knew this is exactly how our ass backwards society digests information in the era of social media.

Um, no. The comparison to Ray Rice is again, to be quite blunt, stupid, because Ray Rice was already one step out of the league by the time the video was out. Dude wasn't good at being a RB anymore- the video certainly hastened his exit and highlighted some stupid NFL DV policy, but that's not a logical comparison to Mixon who is a prospect. And I guarantee you made this about the draft and not just the video when you said this in the quote below. Again, DGB (look another OU guy) Frank Clark, and Tyreek Hill ALL got drafted. Maybe their stock sunk a bit which is logical, but they all got drafted- some of them in the first 3 rounds.

@B_dub Take that rainbow back! :D

This isn't a knock on OU or Mixon. I'm just saying, once that tape gets out, he ain't getting drafted.

Yeah, don't run away from the comparison and make this a moving target now. Do I need to spell out over and over why you're wrong to use this comparison? Why you're wrong to feign the I told you so arguments when you have a very loose grip on the precedents involved here both legally (see you're ridiculous legal comparison with some guy you knew) and regarding football with your Ray Rice comparison; and then citing the draft. Not even defending Mixon, OU, or anything of the like here, just pointing out you're kind of full of bullshit here.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, no. Ray Rice was flat bad at being an NFL RB by the time his incident happened. Mixon is a prospect. If Tyreek freaking Hill, Frank Clark, and DGB can get drafted, any POS can so long as prison doesn't get in the way. This is exactly why you're wrong, you keep harping on precedent when you don't have the slightest clue what the precedent actually IS. Especially given the topic relates to the NFL, which you are pretty consistently showing confirmation bias there.

This is no different than what Carlton Bragg did.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MarkOU, you rainbow'ed my post? You're the same person who would call Mixon "a thug" in the PF but not here? GTFOH. It's because he's an OU player, right? If it were any other player you'd be all over him like white on rice. You're a hypocrite.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. The comparison to Ray Rice is again, to be quite blunt, stupid, because Ray Rice was already one step out of the league by the time the video was out. Dude wasn't good at being a RB anymore- the video certainly hastened his exit and highlighted some stupid NFL DV policy, but that's not a logical comparison to Mixon who is a prospect. And I guarantee you made this about the draft and not just the video when you said this in the quote below. Again, DGB (look another OU guy) Frank Clark, and Tyreek Hill ALL got drafted. Maybe their stock sunk a bit which is logical, but they all got drafted- some of them in the first 3 rounds.

Yeah, don't run away from the comparison and make this a moving target now. Do I need to spell out over and over why you're wrong to use this comparison? Why you're wrong to feign the I told you so arguments when you have a very loose grip on the precedents involved here both legally (see you're ridiculous legal comparison with some guy you knew) and regarding football with your Ray Rice comparison; and then citing the draft. Not even defending Mixon, OU, or anything of the like here, just pointing out you're kind of full of bullshit here.

At the point of that post, I thought he was a senior. Turns out he's a junior and that he was dead set on leaving for the draft after this year. That ain't happening now, and if it does he won't be drafted.

Priority free agent definitely.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, don't run away from the comparison and make this a moving target now. Do I need to spell out over and over why you're wrong to use this comparison? Why you're wrong to feign the I told you so arguments when you have a very loose grip on the precedents involved here both legally (see you're ridiculous legal comparison with some guy you knew) and regarding football with your Ray Rice comparison; and then citing the draft. Not even defending Mixon, OU, or anything of the like here, just pointing out your kind of full of bullshit here.

He will get drafted, but nowhere near where he could have been drafted. He was never going to be a 1st round pick. And with the video, you can pretty much say goodbye to the 2nd or 3rd round. Somebody may take a shot in the 4th, but he plays a dime a dozen position. No one is risking a valuable high round draft pick on a RB with his red flags.

If he were a QB? Yes. If he were an elite DE? Yes. If he were a lockdown CB? Yes. If he were an elite LT? Yes.

RB's are not valued as they once were. Unless you are a freak who is an everydown RB, who can run between the tackles, pick up blitzes, while running a 4.4. You really aren't getting a team to take you in the first round. Mixon isn't even an everydown back for OU.

I'd wager 4th round or later he gets picked

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to project. I've been harping on the Ray Rice comparison with you from the get go. Again, keep squirming.

Well I don't care whether or not you see the comparison. I see 19 pages of discussion, so if the thread title was really so off base, then why even bother posting in the thread?

I define "the Ray Rice treatment" as a football player who hit a woman and the public at large didn't really know or care until they actually SAW the video.

I'm not defining "the Ray Rice treatment" as "oh he is blackballed from the NFL for good".

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mixon will be back at OU. People already forgot all about this until the video got released. Another year removed from it and the Nfl will have forgotten about it too.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mixon will be back at OU. People already forgot all about this until the video got released. Another year removed from it and the Nfl will have forgotten about it too.

That's what I'm sayin.

He'd be stupid to enter the draft this year.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice I didn't defend Bragg or Hill. Both of which are on teams I root for.

Ok now I see where the hostility is coming from.

No video of either of those two doing what they did.

Plus, Hill was dismissed from Oklahoma St. There was real retribution, not a "take a year off, then come back and help us win" deal.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm sayin.

He'd be stupid to enter the draft this year.

And one more year of good behavior can only serve him well.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go fuck your self. I've already stated he deserved his punishment and it was fair. I give no shits what you think, Aggie trash. Go jack off into a semen jar. In the meantime, stop making shit up, Aggie trash.

Aggie trash? I'm not the one here defending a little bitch that hits women and the people that determined he still deserves to represent the university. If you and Mixon are examples of an OU "man", I'm happy to be "Aggie Trash".

No the punishment was a joke. Mixon and everyone with OU is a POS for how this was handled. But, hey if you guys think it's OK to have a punk bitch that hits women on the team if it helps you win a few games, so be it. Just be ready for everyone that has a working moral compass to pass judgement on the character of everyone involved.

You said speaking in absolutes makes me an idiot. I asked you when it was acceptable to use violence towards women. So answer the fucking question. Give me an example of when "knocking a bitch out" is acceptable because "she brought it on herself" or was "asking for it".

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get drafted, but nowhere near where he could have been drafted. He was never going to be a 1st round pick. And with the video, you can pretty much say goodbye to the 2nd or 3rd round
I suspect this might be correct. Tyreek Hill if he stayed at OSU and never beat up his pregnant girlfriend I'd guess goes in the 3rd round. Both were used like RB's mostly in college as far as I can remember with Hill.

Somebody may take a shot in the 4th, but he plays a dime a dozen position. No one is risking a valuable high round draft pick on a RB with his red flags.
Anyone's guess where he goes, it only takes one team after all. But yeah, if he went the 4th round is a pretty good guess, imo, unless the NFL all of the suddenly changes its tune magically. With that said Tyreek Hill was basically positionless as far as the NFL was concerned and if he had any, it'd be a project at WR (oops) and returner. Still got drafted in the 5th round.

If he were a QB? Yes. If he were an elite DE? Yes. If he were a lockdown CB? Yes. If he were an elite LT? Yes.

No to the QB comparison. He would never get drafted as a QB after this. QB is a leadership position as well and teams will cast you by the wayside just for being an idiot regardless of physical talent or moral character. Tyler Bray 'members. As for the rest of this, I keep coming back to Tyreek Hill... what position did he have as an NFL player during the draft process? There's some truth to what you said about passrushers (Frank Clark) and some others, however.

RB's are not valued as they once were. Unless you are a freak who is an everydown RB, who can run between the tackles, pick up blitzes, while running a 4.4. You really aren't getting a team to take you in the first round. Mixon isn't even an everydown back for OU.
I've always bristled at this as I have always argued that RB's aren't undervalued, they just aren't overvalued at the NFL level like they were previously in the draft process. How's Gurley working out for the Rams? Gordon for the Chargers? Two years of their contracts are up and they've done squat relative to expectations.

I'd wager 4th round or later he gets picked
4th-early 5th is my guess as well unless the NFL is suddenly whimiscally hardline on DV... (ha)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now I see where the hostility is coming from.

No video of either of those two doing what they did.

Plus, Hill was dismissed from Oklahoma St. There was real retribution, not a "take a year off, then come back and help us win" deal.
Oh spare me, if it was up to me Mixon, Hill, and Bragg are off their respective teams right now. I dislike obnoxious nonsense though- so I'll give you a hard time for it.