• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler causing more problems

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the same if butler wasn't a free agent. He's not going to resign for a long term deal if he hates his role in the offense
it not working out is a risk. few more months to see how it shakes out. if it doesn't would you want that on the books anyway? plenty of fish in the sea.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why when people rip on Kevin Love they need to get a clue.

Love took a back seat to Irving and LeBron and made it work. Philly is having success with Embiid and Butler but it looks like egos will get in the way.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler been causing major issues on every team he's been on.

If this story was written about Ben Simmons then I would agree because Simmons seems mild mannered. Butler is a hot head
Exactly. Makes it easy to write a story about him. Most stories you read are more than half made up, if not outright purposeful lies, just for the attention. Attention is dollars for that entire profession. Only a few have kept some integrity.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why when people rip on Kevin Love they need to get a clue.

Love took a back seat to Irving and LeBron and made it work. Philly is having success with Embiid and Butler but it looks like egos will get in the way.

This is just another reason why what the Warriors have done over the last 4 years is incredibly special. It may not last past this season, but damn it's been a great run of completely selflessness by guys who are all-world talents.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it not working out is a risk. few more months to see how it shakes out. if it doesn't would you want that on the books anyway? plenty of fish in the sea.
the cost was not exorbitant either. Covington and Saric were very nice pieces but hardly irreplaceable- and the sixers still have some nice assets in their back pocket--- and will still have cap space they can carve out if Butler decides to leave.

It would suck to basically lose Covington and Saric for a few months of Butler- but it would not derail the Sixers long term status as one of the best in the East.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player to ever leave the Warriors due to unhappiness with their role: Patrick McCaw.

#legend

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player to ever leave the Warriors due to unhappiness with their role: Patrick McCaw.

#legend
I still never looked into that story. Was he unsigned up to this point, injured? Saw he signed a deal and something about the warriors and it confused me.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cost was not exorbitant either. Covington and Saric were very nice pieces but hardly irreplaceable- and the sixers still have some nice assets in their back pocket--- and will still have cap space they can carve out if Butler decides to leave.

It would suck to basically lose Covington and Saric for a few months of Butler- but it would not derail the Sixers long term status as one of the best in the East.
it would suck giving up something for a rental, but life at times is a series of disappointments. Would it have been cool to still have both and been able to sign James? sure. Would it be great if Butler left, but they were able to sign Kawhi? Yes. Some things are out of control. Will Fultz be able to shoot a basketball again with time to think? We'll see, the joys of life.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still never looked into that story. Was he unsigned up to this point, injured? Saw he signed a deal and something about the warriors and it confused me.

McCaw was an RFA coming off a big injury and a down year. The Warriors tendered him a qualifying offer and he refused to sign it. Then right before the expiration of the offer, the Warriors offered him MORE money, a 2 year 6M deal. Which is exactly what he got from the Cavs. He still didn't sign.

Problem is, McCaw wasn't happy with his role with the team and wanted a larger role somewhere else. He went against his agents advice to sign with the Warriors and listened to his own camp and held out. It was extremely stupid from the fact that he was an RFA and he was in line to get a big opportunity with the Warriors in their rotation the next year. The Warriors weren't going to retain Nick Young, Livingston and Cook are on the last years of their contracts and Iguodala's 35 and needs lots of time off.

So he eventually signed with the Cavs and the Warriors declined to match. Just an overall weird situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would suck giving up something for a rental, but life at times is a series of disappointments. Would it have been cool to still have both and been able to sign James? sure. Would it be great if Butler left, but they were able to sign Kawhi? Yes. Some things are out of control. Will Fultz be able to shoot a basketball again with time to think? We'll see, the joys of life.
thats just how it goes in the NBA

for every Simmons and Embiid there is an Okafor or Fultz or Noel....

trust me- as a Cavs fan i know- for every LeBron or Kyrie there is a Bennett or Waiters etc.....

no one hits close to a 100%...if you are at 50/50 you are probably doing pretty well.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trust me- as a Cavs fan i know- for every LeBron or Kyrie there is a Bennett or Waiters etc.....

no one hits close to a 100%...if you are at 50/50 you are probably doing pretty well.

Do you consider Tristan a bust too? Genuinely curious.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for the record, I don't consider Noel a bust in that class.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#legend

I seem to recall Nemanja Nedovic's camp basically asking the Warriors to release him.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be because of all the losses.
And that they have the 5th best offense since they acquired him.
No excuse for not being top 3.

By the way, has anyone checked Barbara Bottini's twitter account lately?
Asking for a friend....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall Nemanja Nedovic's camp basically asking the Warriors to release him.

That's because he wanted to go back to Europe. They knew he wasn't cut out for the NBA. I didn't include him because he didn't really want out of his role...he wanted out of the country.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because he wanted to go back to Europe. They knew he wasn't cut out for the NBA. I didn't include him because he didn't really want out of his role...he wanted out of the country.

Eh, splitting hairs if you ask me. We can agree he was the last man on the bench and never going to be playing in the NBA beyond that season. I don't know about finances but may have been the desired move for his professional career. There are still advantages to having access to NBA and d-league facilities if you are on good terms with your organization.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, splitting hairs if you ask me. We can agree he was the last man on the bench and never going to be playing in the NBA beyond that season. I don't know about finances but may have been the desired move for his professional career. There are still advantages to having access to NBA and d-league facilities if you are on good terms with your organization.

Well Nedovic wasn't on the championship roster. You don't see player ask off of that generally.

Also the D-League wasn't what it is today. Europe was more lucrative, offered him a bigger role and he got to play back at home. That's a much different scenario.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is right. The Sixers offense has some major holes in it. It's the media that is trying to spin things so negatively towards Butler. Butler is the one that is stepping his game back in order to make this work. Embiid is the one who's bitchin when he doesnt get his touches. And Embiid says the same thing about the offense. But, butler is the easier target so there u have it.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is right. The Sixers offense has some major holes in it. It's the media that is trying to spin things so negatively towards Butler. Butler is the one that is stepping his game back in order to make this work. Embiid is the one who's bitchin when he doesnt get his touches. And Embiid says the same thing about the offense. But, butler is the easier target so there u have it.
and butler didn't express it to the media.

embiid did, though he later clarified the fact he was frustrated because he was playing like shit and didn't want to blame it on fatigue, even though we all knew he needed to take some time off.