• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler causing more problems

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The Pacers would’ve done a deal to trade Paul George to the Lakers if they got the No. 2 pick in the 2017 draft or Brandon Ingram,”

I don't think asking for a #2 pick and a late first rounder is exactly gutting your team for a top 15 player. Indy got 2 former lottery picks for PG-13 ( # 2 in 2013 and #11 in 2016)
Except that's not what Indy asked for and the Lakers didn't know they were getting Lebron.
Report: Pacers nearly traded Paul George to Lakers before 2017 draft

Woj: The Pacers would've done a deal to trade Paul George to the Lakers if they got the #2 pick in the 2017 draft (which Los Angeles ended up using on Lonzo Ball) or Brandon Ingram.

Things on that front ultimately hit a standstill with the Lakers not budging from what they were willing to offer that did not include the second overall pick in that draft or forward Brandon Ingram. Adrian Wojnarowski during a recent podcast stated that the Pacers were ready to move George to Los Angeles had they offered one of those two assets in a deal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Indy would have accepted Ingram, the late 1st round pick that ended up as Kuzma, and someone like a Clarkson
oh absolutely--- they would have accepted either Ingram or the #2 overall pick. Thats been confirmed by Woj.

The Lakers refused to offer a big time asset like Ingram or the #2 overall pick because they simply thought they could out right sign him- so they offered lesser assets instead.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever said Butler was going to get one of his coaches fired was right.....

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I have no real interest in the Sixers dealing Butler. But if the Heat were willing to offer a package including Jason Richardson I could get on board with that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...yeah. Sounds like those early reports were sensationalized quite a bit. Here's a quote from Zach Lowe's latest piece;

The Sixers went into the Butler experience with eyes wide open, and still hope to re-sign him this summer, sources say. He objected during that recent film session only after coach Brett Brown asked if anyone wanted to add something -- and after an assistant coach nudged T.J. McConnell to speak about his concerns, sources say. Butler didn't mention just his own role; he mentioned McConnell's too.

"When you ask the team, 'What do you see?' you'd better be prepared to listen," Brown told ESPN.com. "I'm OK with it. I have to be. I am the instigator."

So Butler spoke up after Brown asked the entire team for input. Not only that, but McConnell was wanting to speak out as well.

Lowe: Philly's fit isn't great, but what if that doesn't matter?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...yeah. Sounds like those early reports were sensationalized quite a bit. Here's a quote from Zach Lowe's latest piece;

So Butler spoke up after Brown asked the entire team for input. Not only that, but McConnell was wanting to speak out as well.

Lowe: Philly's fit isn't great, but what if that doesn't matter?

Wait!! What?!?

You mean something was reported and then blown out of proportion by the media and the twitterverse?

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. :shocked:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait!! What?!?

You mean something was reported and then blown out of proportion by the media and the twitterverse?

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. :shocked:

This is the problem with anonymous quotes. Woj is a great reporter and it is his job to report this stuff when he gets it but he doesn't know if his source has their own axe to grind.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler been causing major issues on every team he's been on.

If this story was written about Ben Simmons then I would agree because Simmons seems mild mannered. Butler is a hot head

:noidea: