• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh is right on schedule....

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....to receive his statue in Ann Arbor as a "Michigan Legend".

After all, the "Legendary" Bo Schembechler has a statue in Ann Arbor....

Jim-Harbaugh-Schembechler.png

....and Bo boasted a "Legendary" Bowl record of 5-12 with no national titles.

So....you're doing a great job Jim Harbaugh....you're well on the way to achieving the Michigan Wolverines standard of being "Legendary".

Congrats!

:harbs3:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love your avi.. LOL!!!

Today had to hurt. To get the lead w/an offense that bad just to have your supposedly good defense choke and give it all away. :tsk:

Harbaugh should pull a Donald Trump and work for free for a while.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your avi.. LOL!!!

Today had to hurt. To get the lead w/an offense that bad just to have your supposedly good defense choke and give it all away. :tsk:

Harbaugh should pull a Donald Trump and work for free for a while.
I'm going to get shit for whatever I justify this with, but it wasn't on the defense. They gave up 2 drives. The rest were the, IDK, FIVE turnovers by the offense -- some giving SC the ball in the redzone. It all started with the offense fumbling the game away on the 5 yard line. If we punch that in, game over.

And yes, this meaningless game sucked to watch; more so because it has larger implications for next year if they don't change something.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Harbaugh did have as many losses in year three as Bo had in his first three years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to get shit for whatever I justify this with, but it wasn't on the defense. They gave up 2 drives. The rest were the, IDK, FIVE turnovers by the offense -- some giving SC the ball in the redzone. It all started with the offense fumbling the game away on the 5 yard line. If we punch that in, game over.

And yes, this meaningless game sucked to watch; more so because it has larger implications for next year if they don't change something.
your offense blows,
pters looked awful
you better hope shea patterson can play
why do they not feed higdon more? i dont get it

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Harbaugh plateaued early.

Still, I wish the Gators had him instead of that other shit the last 5 years.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was an all-around let down, but I didn't expect your D to continue to get beat by that screen pass so many times.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your offense blows,
pters looked awful
All great questions.

Here's my hypothesis based only on what I observed. It seemed like all season they were trying to work Pep Hamilton's offense in to our old offense. Speight started with it against Florida and it didn't work, so they worked with Fisch's old plays and tried to work things in some more (and it didn't work) until Speight got injured. Then they entirely went to vanilla Fisch plays with O'Korn and just limped along until O'Korn got pulled and Peters was put in. Then Peters got injured....Then O'Korn went back in. I think beyond the first 3 games, the rest of the season was left just trying to prep a QB to replace Speight.

Once the season ended, I think they took the bowl prep to start getting Peters familiar with the Pep playbook. And so in the bowl we saw new plays and new formations that were nothing we'd seen all year. And it all sucked, it was all predictable and stupid.

It would also explain why the entire offense, from OL, RB WR to QB looked just confused all season. They never worked together and I think it's because they're all confused by the bad scheme.

I don't think it's going to get better unless at least Pep is gone. We need a true OC in here, one that's skill matches the paycheck. With guys like Higdon and Evans we should be able to feed them all day and do dump passes with great success. The shit was saw today was inexcusable given the talent of some of the guys on our offense.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your offense blows,
(2)pters looked awful

See number 2. Peters is gawd awful and couldn't find his ass with both hands. All those great QBs throughout the years and now they can't buy one.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an all-around let down, but I didn't expect your D to continue to get beat by that screen pass so many times.
The screen tends to have some success against our defense just because of how much pressure we apply. Sometimes we can catch it and blow it up, sometimes not. Since we have so many guys committed to pressure, if those plays work they go for pretty big chunks of yards because our LB's or S's are in on the QB.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The screen tends to have some success against our defense just because of how much pressure we apply. Sometimes we can catch it and blow it up, sometimes not. Since we have so many guys committed to pressure, if those plays work they go for pretty big chunks of yards because our LB's or S's are in on the QB.

After seeing for the 7th time, gotta adjust. But you guys don't have a QB. Peters just looks lost out there.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your offense blows,
pters looked awful
Will Patterson be able to run Harbaugh’s offense? He’s a dual threat QB while Harbaugh wants a pocket passer.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing for the 7th time, gotta adjust. But you guys don't have a QB. Peters just looks lost out there.
Yup. We really need either Patterson to become eligible this coming season or one of the freshman need to step up.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Patterson be able to run Harbaugh’s offense? He’s a dual threat QB while Harbaugh wants a pocket passer.
Actually, historically Harbaugh has liked running QB's. He likes pocket passers who can scramble -- honestly, kind of like what MSU does. Kaepernick had a few hundred rushing yards every year under Harbaugh and Harbaugh's offense in college was a similar type.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. We really need either Patterson to become eligible this coming season or one of the freshman need to step up.
We need a coaching staff that isn't a joke. Every unit is soft except for Don Brown and the defense and they play too aggressive at times.