• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's starting...the annual "Jim Harbaugh to the NFL" headlines

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

I wasn't being sarcastic. There are parts of the state of Michigan when JH will always be an icon. The question was what fanbase would want him.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a coach has any decent resume, he will stay FAR away from the Browns organization.

If they get rid of Kitchens, they will be hiring their 8th head coach in the past 10 years. CRAZY! (by the way, I think Kitchens is gone after the season)

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions? :noidea:

I think the one good (and sometimes bad) quality of the Lions is that they stick with their head coaches. I think, unless the guy is having an absolute meltdown, you keep a coach for at least 3 full seasons. It just takes that long to move a team that is heading in the wrong direction, IMO. I don't think Patricia is a terrible coach, but I don't know if he can move these guys to become playoff contenders. I say give him one more year with some good draft picks.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the one good (and sometimes bad) quality of the Lions is that they stick with their head coaches. I think, unless the guy is having an absolute meltdown, you keep a coach for at least 3 full seasons. It just takes that long to move a team that is heading in the wrong direction, IMO. I don't think Patricia is a terrible coach, but I don't know if he can move these guys to become playoff contenders. I say give him one more year with some good draft picks.

To be honest I wasn't even thinking that MP's only in his 2nd year. And good points. Although I'm not convinced he's going back to the NFL next year just yet. I think a lot will have to do with their upcoming bowl game.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Belichick money. He make's $12 million. There are a few others making $10 million or more.

You're right. I've had a hard time finding salary data. I found this; maybe it's accurate. Top three coaches making $10+ million, including arguably the best coach in the history of the game at $12.5MM.

Are you saying that if Harbaugh goes back to the NFL, that he wouldn't get a $9-$10 million offer?

If that shit I found is accurate, the average salary of the 14 coaches listed is $7.1MM. I assume that the average salary would drop a fair amount if we had all 32 coaches' salaries included in our data. I've never been much of an NFL fan, but if the average salary is around $4-5MM (maybe less?), I'd be pretty surprised if a team ponied up $9-10MM for Harbaugh given the way he's shit the bed in Michigan.

I think it would be a given that he would be offered that much.

You're a homer.

IMO, it's worth the gamble with the success he had in the NFL in such a short time period. I don't know if he is worth it, but it's a drop in the bucket to these NFL teams and if he can do for them what he did for the niners, it will make them $100's of millions.

I think you're overstating his success in the NFL because you're a homer.

After this year, how much do you think his brother will be making? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he will be making $12+ million. They'd be stupid to not offer it to him.

According to that website, John's contract runs through 2023, so I think he'll be making $7MM next year.

I would too. I like the guy and think he could still be successful.

Bless your heart.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I wasn't even thinking that MP's only in his 2nd year. And good points. Although I'm not convinced he's going back to the NFL next year just yet. I think a lot will have to do with their upcoming bowl game.

I think he has already made up his mind. In my mind, the bowl game is just a reason to extend practice times. If he wants to go to the NFL, I think he probably has an agreement made through outside parties and will just wait till the the NFL job becomes available before jumping ship. That is one bad thing about the early signing period IMO. It doesn't give time for these coaches to investigate new jobs before signing kids to their recruiting classes. I do like the early signing period for a host of other reasons though.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be a long shot, but do you think Jerry Jones would want him in Dallas? Those are two strong personalities, so I don't know if it would work, or if Jerry would even consider it (I imagine Jim would love the potential on that team), but that would seem like a job Jim would jump for. Again, probably a HUGE long shot.
I can almost imagine that scenario

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that shit I found is accurate, the average salary of the 14 coaches listed is $7.1MM. I assume that the average salary would drop a fair amount if we had all 32 coaches' salaries included in our data. I've never been much of an NFL fan, but if the average salary is around $4-5MM (maybe less?), I'd be pretty surprised if a team ponied up $9-10MM for Harbaugh given the way he's shit the bed in Michigan.

You're a homer.

Well I definitely am, but name me a coach with his resume making less than $9 million a year. I don't include his brother because he will be making it next year, and then some.

I think you're overstating his success in the NFL because you're a homer.

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 4.00.49 PM.png

5 playoff wins, 3 NFC championship games, and 1 Super Bowl appearance in 4 seasons? You honestly think there won't be multiple NFL teams throwing HUGE money in hopes he will come to their team? Even though he has failed at Michigan...he would get paid in the NFL

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I definitely am, but name me a coach with his resume making less than $9 million a year. I don't include his brother because he will be making it next year, and then some.

View attachment 224876

Again, I've never been much of a NFL fan, but I find it hard to believe that a mediocre team goes on to become a world beater in one season simply because of a new head coach. I think there must have been some more at play there.

The fact that his first season in SF was his best, and his final season there was 8-8 kind of supports my suspicion. The fact that he's gotten his dick punched every year in Michigan further supports my theory.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I've never been much of a NFL fan, but I find it hard to believe that a mediocre team goes on to become a world beater in one season simply because of a new head coach. I think there must have been some more at play there.

The fact that his first season in SF was his best, and his final season there was 8-8 kind of supports my suspicion. The fact that he's gotten his dick punched every year in Michigan further supports my theory.

His second season was his best (Super Bowl). It could have been dumb luck, but that SF team was pretty bad before he came IIRC with like 6-7 losing seasons in about 8-9 year period. Regardless of how he got them there, he gets credit for it. Most NFL teams would do anything just to make it to their conferences championship game. He made it three times in 4 seasons. They'd give up even more for a Super Bowl appearance.

I think you guys are underestimating what NFL owners would gamble on Harbaugh....although maybe I'm wrong.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland would be interesting.

In my opinion, it would be Dallas or he stays with Michigan. I don't think he would go to the Browns with their current management. Like I said before, I would imagine most coaches with choices wouldn't choose a team that would be on their 8th head coach in 10 years.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, can you think of a fanbase in the NFL who would welcome him?
No, teams can just rent Urban Meyer for a day to stand on their sidelines and it’s a wrap.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, it would be Dallas or he stays with Michigan. I don't think he would go to the Browns with their current management. Like I said before, I would imagine most coaches with choices wouldn't choose a team that would be on their 8th head coach in 10 years.

I don’t think he’s leaving. But he’s from Ohio and I could see him thinking he could turn them around. Baker is a similar QB to Kaepernick. They have running backs. They have WRs. I could see him being very enticed by a 10-12 million dollar a year job offer with the thought of rebuilding his legacy by making the Browns winners.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he’s leaving. But he’s from Ohio and I could see him thinking he could turn them around. Baker is a similar QB to Kaepernick. They have running backs. They have WRs. I could see him being very enticed by a 10-12 million dollar a year job offer with the thought of rebuilding his legacy by making the Browns winners.

I think the Browns would have to offer him a Gruden like contract (I think his is 10 year contract). That way he knows he has their complete support and probably would have a BIG say in the draft room.

I wonder if the shine is coming off of Baker. I don't think you can truly succeed anymore in the NFL without a top 10 QB (probably top 6-7). By succeed I mean win a SB. Baker has been pretty bad this year, from what I can tell (I don't watch a lot of Browns football though).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His second season was his best (Super Bowl).
Maybe? He won 14 games in his first season. 13 in his 2nd. Granted, he won one more playoff game in the 2nd year, but I don't know who they faced or any of that shit.
It could have been dumb luck, but that SF team was pretty bad before he came IIRC with like 6-7 losing seasons in about 8-9 year period.
I didn't say dumb luck, but they averaged 7 wins per season in the three years proceeding him. Color me skeptical that Harbaugh is the main reason they magically win 13 games + a postseason win in his first year.
Regardless of how he got them there, he gets credit for it.
According to Harbaugh/Michigan fanboys and Jim's grandma.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a coach has any decent resume, he will stay FAR away from the Browns organization.

If they get rid of Kitchens, they will be hiring their 8th head coach in the past 10 years. CRAZY! (by the way, I think Kitchens is gone after the season)
why would a coach stay away because Kitchens couldn't do his job? Many think Kitchens didn't deserve the opportunity he was given.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the shine is coming off of Baker.

I'm amused as hell that based on seven games, you're wondering about the shine coming off of Baker, yet you're all in on Harbaugh's shine after five years of nothing.

I'm fucking cracking up over here.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm amused as hell that based on seven games, you're wondering about the shine coming off of Baker, yet you're all in on Harbaugh's shine after five years of nothing.

I'm fucking cracking up over here.

How many great seasons has Harbaugh had in the NFL?? .

I’m probably be too hard on Baker though.He is still young and will improve