• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry on Tony

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this place has sho gone crazy

Why? That's what QB controversies do. They are messes. You can't have GMs waffling after they said one thing already. Just think if we had this board in 1991 when Jimmy chose Beurline over Aikman.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones sounds like he'd be willing to stick with Dak Prescott over Tony Romo
The Cowboys owner and GM might be waffling over who will end up as starting quarterback

With every passing week and every passing Cowboys win, things are getting a little more awkward for Tony Romo. He is the quarterback for Dallas, it's his team and there is zero chance of the Cowboys actually not starting him if he's healthy.

Jerry Jones has made it clear that he's rolling with Romo over Dak Prescottregardless of the team's record, right up until he's not. Speaking on CBS Sports Radio affiliate 105.3 the Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, Jones said the team is going "to play this thing out" when it comes to the "great situation" at quarterback.

"It's just a question of him working back in," Jones said. "We've got a great situation here. I just have to pinch myself to think about it. We've got Dak Prescott, who's playing at a level that is very capable of winning these games. We've got the future every time he walks out there. We've got the optimism of the future. It's inspiring. It's inspiring this team. And then we have, in my mind, one of the very top quarterbacks in the league as well."

That sounds positive. This sounds less positive (for Romo):

Except this all really makes a lot of sense. As Jones said, Prescott playing well has provided the Cowboys "the luxury" of taking things slow with Romo's rehab.

"I think what Dak's success has done, though, is given us the luxury," Jones said. "No one is happier about this than Tony. It's given us the luxury to absolutely maximize any thought that we might have of [Romo's] rehab time and just have the ability to weigh that as we go and pick our spots."

Romo's injury is not some sprained finger or hangnail. He's dealing with a broken bone in his back. The initial timeline for his recovery was between six and 10 weeks. This is not hard and fast. Again: BROKEN BONE IN HIS BACK.

The best-case scenario for Dallas is letting Romo spend as much time as possible recovering, getting healthy and maximizing what he can contribute to the team when he returns.

Last year they rushed Romo back and he got hurt almost immediately. Letting Dak get experience while winning games is a win-win-win for everyone involved.

It appears Jones is starting to see that and it's beneficial for the Cowboys team as a whole.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No one is happier about this than Tony"
Really??? He looks a lot of things of the sideline, but happy for his team doing well has yet to cross my mind as one of them when they show him.
Don't worry Romo fans, Dak probably is due for a clunker against GB @GB this week. Then you get to go to the buy and focus on that last game for a long time and maybe Romo pretends he is healthy and starts week 8 before Dak can get another chance to shine. How long will he last??? That is the question...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No one is happier about this than Tony"
Really??? He looks a lot of things of the sideline, but happy for his team doing well has yet to cross my mind as one of them when they show him.
Don't worry Romo fans, Dak probably is due for a clunker against GB @GB this week. Then you get to go to the buy and focus on that last game for a long time and maybe Romo pretends he is healthy and starts week 8 before Dak can get another chance to shine. How long will he last??? That is the question...

Sounds like u have made your mind up as to who u want as QB. As far as crossing your mind to what Romo Is thinking - you have no clue. He looks happy to me. Maybe Dak will throw that deep ball for you this weekend that you think he throws so well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like u have made your mind up as to who u want as QB. As far as crossing your mind to what Romo Is thinking - you have no clue. He looks happy to me. Maybe Dak will throw that deep ball for you this weekend that you think he throws so well.
Again your "I love Romo panties" blind your vision...I've said all along it's Romo's team IF he can come back and stay healthy (big if). As far as the deep ball goes, I can't recall too many NFL QBs that throw a worse deep ball than Romo. He seems to miss the open guy 90% of the time...so that's kind of a bizarre comment...but, expected of course

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again your "I love Romo panties" blind your vision...I've said all along it's Romo's team IF he can come back and stay healthy (big if). As far as the deep ball goes, I can't recall too many NFL QBs that throw a worse deep ball than Romo. He seems to miss the open guy 90% of the time...so that's kind of a bizarre comment...but, expected of course

Of course I differ with u on Romo's long ball. You have criticized the guy for yrs on here regardless of what you say that you have said. You brought up earlier in the year what great touch Dak has on his deep ball. It's been 5 games. Haven't seen one yet. Butler had his guy beat by 2 steps Sunday, he didn't throw it. He chose to go a different way. It worked out. When he has thrown 25 yards in the air he normally throws it out of bounds. You keep knocking Romo all you want too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I differ with u on Romo's long ball. You have criticized the guy for yrs on here regardless of what you say that you have said. You brought up earlier in the year what great touch Dak has on his deep ball. It's been 5 games. Haven't seen one yet. Butler had his guy beat by 2 steps Sunday, he didn't throw it. He chose to go a different way. It worked out. When he has thrown 25 yards in the air he normally throws it out of bounds. You keep knocking Romo all you want too.

No, I have objectively commented on a guy and pointed out both good and bad, You are just too blinded by your love for him to see it. Don't worry he will be back for you to tell us all why his Ints were really someone else's fault and why every incomplete was a drop...

1:20

2:13

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is the NFL is really starting to suck. I used to could watch any game. For some reason this year something is really missing. I thought it was Romo but it's more than that. There just isn't many quality teams in the NFL right now. Look at Denver tonight. It's pathetic. I don't know if it's injuries or what. It just isn't as exciting this year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you are showing all of Daks throws. The guy has played great. I'm not denying that. He is a very good game manager at a young age. Maybe that's what this team needs.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess u don't want to debate anymore.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you are showing all of Daks throws. The guy has played great. I'm not denying that. He is a very good game manager at a young age. Maybe that's what this team needs.
I'm not trying to show all of his throws. You said he can't throw a deep ball and I gave you the times in each clip I posted where he did.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess u don't want to debate anymore.
Is that what you call it? You are unable to have a rational discussion on the topic. Seems more like just protecting your beloved. Your comments on Dak are all shaded by how you feel they may directly or indirectly reflect on Romo. Kind of like NE fans discussing Peyton or some other QB that people may say is great. Brady is always on their mind...Romo is always on your mind.