• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Green to Memphis

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is like the definition of an average NBA player. Deng would have been better but probably cost too much. But maybe in Memphis, where he's the 4th or 5th option, he'll thrive more in that role. He should be better than Prince, who I'm not quite sure how he's still in the league at this point.

Here is the spectrum, y'all:

- Jeff Green as a top banana? No. No way.
- Jeff Green as a second banana? Below average and frustrating.
- Jeff Green as a third banana? Actually, not bad. Athletic, versatile... can defend, shoot a little, and attack the rim.

That's definitely better than average when it comes to NBA players. That's a quality starter in the NBA. You just have to find the right role for him... and whatever that role is, it certainly wasn't top banana in Boston.

Happy trails, Jeff. Memphis looks pretty good to me.

Exactly. He'll be a nice 4th option behind Gasol, Randolph, and Conley.

So...just like I said, average. Thanks for clearing it up!

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerald Wallace and his contract was the pain Danny had to self inflict to get those 3 lottery picks

Wallace is on Boston bench next year

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...just like I said, average. Thanks for clearing it up!
A quality starter in the NBA is, by definition, above average... because there are more bench players than starters in the league.

But I'm sensing that you are a clown, and things like reason and sense are lost on you.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quality starter in the NBA is, by definition, above average... because there are more bench players than starters in the league.

But I'm sensing that you are a clown, and things like reason and sense are lost on you.

Exactly.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green would be a very nice 3rd option (and I'd love him on the Lakers), but Memphis is pretty much loaded.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's understand this stupid reasoning. Chris Bosh was the 3rd option on Miami the last few seasons, but he's average?

:pound:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...Danny tried to r*pe Doc.

The Clippers had the chance to be involved in a major trade, but ultimately the price was too high. Boston small forward Jeff Green appears headed to Memphis, and like most small forwards on the trade block, he was on the Clippers’ radar. Green could have potentially been in a deal for Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford and a first-round pick – likely the Clippers’ 2019 selection – but that was a cost the Clippers didn’t want to pay. Orange County Register

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clown? Does name calling make you feel better about yourself or do you actually want to contribute to NBA discussion?

Nope. He's an average player. Fitting of being a starter, but a 4th or 5th guy. The NBA is littered with them. There aren't much differences between 4th thru 6th or 7th in an NBA rotation. Depending on the team, those 4th or 5th spots could go to who is a better fit as to not overlap skillsets, not just overall talent. Green has proven he fits that role. He's nowhere close to being a 1 or 2 option. Could he be a 3? Sure, if you're team isn't going to do much. He's just a dude. Fine NBA player, totally average. While not a perfect stat, PER does a decent job of evaluating an NBA player's ability and impact. It can give you a general idea of how a player ranks amongst his peers. 15 is average. Green's career average? 13. His best season? 15. Never above just being average. Toss in defensive ability, which PER doesn't factor into much, and he's still not leaping up any higher in value because its not like he's lockdown defender, he's just an ok defender. Which is a lot lock his other skills, he's just ok.

An average player makes around 5 million and isn't a starter.

Thanks for playing.

That has nothing to do with anything. And from your Bosh post, you basically have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with agreeing to disagree at this point, WT.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end Danny gets a pick 1 further out when Memphis may be bad. He did not stack more picks in this or next years inventory of picks and he gets a round 2 pick and more trade exceptions Great haul for unca Jeff. Now u wonder what they get for bass