• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Round: Memphis Grizzlies at Utah Jazz Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll say it again. I like Morant. He is professional and mature: Ja reflects on fan incidents; Snyder apologizes

I am kind of disappointed in the Grizzlies this year. Between Dillon Brooks and little things here and there where people have said that people just don’t like them. I feel that they are trying to be hard for no reason. It’s sort of like how I thought about Durant when he was in Oklahoma City and left - he didn’t like being labeled as nice so he decided to show that he wasn’t.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the exact time second of the gun wave?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard (both on the radio, and in online articles) a comparison that what Morant did is no different than people in Congress posing with pictures of their guns.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard (both on the radio, and in online articles) a comparison that what Morant did is no different than people in Congress posing with pictures of their guns.

And there will be or there have been articles about how if it were Nikola Jokic, it wouldn’t have been treated the same.

My question would then be, are there other NBA players who do this? The employers of the congressmen are the people and if they care about it, they won’t reelect them. The employers of Morant are the NBA and Nike.

If he is shot, he shoots somebody, or accidentally shot by himself or he brings in some sort of gang fight, it won’t just be oh he was doing it. It would be that the NBA hasn’t done enough to stop what they knew was a threat. It isn’t that he’s going to threaten anyone else, but if something bad happens, it’s suddenly the NBA turning a blind eye.

I’m not saying the NBA doesn’t care about Morant as a person, but if something Happens part of it’s going to be losing a talented player, where the Grizzlies are gonna have to draft someone else, sign someone else, or hope someone develops. I know it’s the same if he suddenly falls off his balcony or something as well. It’s not limited to guns.

They’re going to have to answer questions from whoever‘s family is shot in court and out of court, I understand that this could happen with any player, even players that don’t pose with guns because players do own guns.

this is the argument for every damn thing in sports now is it other people do it as well. I’m gonna say the tiebreaker is whoever is caught or whoever is showing to do it. if you don’t like it, don’t show yourself doing it or don’t do it. and yes, it’s harder to not be shown when you’re a celebrity when you’re hanging around other celebrities.

Just like the congressman, no one is going for to jail for this - it’s simply a private organization, such as the NBA saying they don’t want that image out there. He can still own a gun and he can still go to a club. He could even go to a club with a gun. He just probably should not be waving it around.

The best messages I’ve seen is not talking about how stupid he is, but rather how lucky he is to be where he is, and how much she could help people including children and other people of minorities. He is talented and a lot of people are talented in ways that don’t bring a lot of money. He is in a profession that does, and no one really wants to be in the ghetto. I’m sorry if they ghetto was the wrong term, but, no one wants to be in a bad position.

And lastly, having a gun isn’t a tough thing. I’m not a tough person. I could get a gun. I could shoot someone. That wouldn’t make me tough. I actually think people who can fight without a gun or temper and sometimes it’s very tough not to fight when you have challenges. So I think it be odd to lose money, 39 million of it plus whatever happens this year to show that you’re tough when anyone in the whole wide world could do the same damn thing and be just as tough as you. It’s weird. it’s like women showing their body to show their sexy. You either are or you’re not regardless of whether you show it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you find a clip of the gun wave from a few months ago?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you find a clip of the gun wave from a few months ago?

No, I don’t care enough about it. I don’t want to go looking for things. I’m sure it is on YouTube or Twitter or something. I am more, but by the thousands of dollars they jumped on the ground for the strippers. But whatever, they chose that profession, and they did well and succeeded, I guess. I feel like nobody needs to give it to charity, but they could’ve. to be honest, I don’t get much to charity, and I do waste money as well. I just don’t make a point of doing so. I’m sure that entertainer didn’t have a lot of money and now Ken better their position for at least a while. So I’m not saying that they’re not deserving or they’re in a bad profession or don’t appreciate what they get. I’m just saying that, when people play basketball have so much money that they can just do whatever the hell they want with it I don’t think that’s the best way to spend her money. But then again, I have no right to do so there are a lot of people who make a lot more money than I do. You do stupid things, do great things, I’m not anymore jealous of them than anyone else who makes a lot of money.

and no, I don’t want to check my speech recognition. I’m sure I said something stupid there.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you have wanted it to be more, or the same?