• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jameis Winston: on the cusp of making history!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hilarious thing is, with over 5000 yards and 30+ TD's, you'd think he had a really good season.....if you didn't watch him play. It's even funnier that James Jones on NFLN keeps talking about how this guy is worth $100M, week in, week out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy wants 30 million a year?
so is dak, you start high and work down

when cousins, goff, brissett, carr, foles , flacco are b/w 22-30 million. I dont think its insane he commands at least 25.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hilarious thing is, with over 5000 yards and 30+ TD's, you'd think he had a really good season.....if you didn't watch him play. It's even funnier that James Jones on NFLN keeps talking about how this guy is worth $100M, week in, week out.
Well, James Jones does say a lot of really stupid shit at times but to be fair to him, Goff, Wentz already got it so it's entirely possible in this market.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, James Jones does say a lot of really stupid shit at times but to be fair to him, Goff, Wentz already got it so it's entirely possible in this market.

Regardless or your positions on Goff or Wentz, they at least put up some MVP type numbers on their way to contracts. Winston has practically singlehandedly sabotaged the Bucs on several occasions with some of his play.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:Lwhat? hes been a top 5 option ALL SEASON. if you werent starting jameis, you didnt deserve to win. You dont play fantasy do you?

Edit: i see you were in 4. Not sure how you could possibly not know jameis was an elite fantasy qb this season

Meh, I guess I never ran into him. At least not on a good week. A compiler of garbage stats with two stud WRs, but I guess he never was even on my radar. I was wrong looking back, but the fact that he keeps getting chance after chance is just embarrassing.

Let me ask you this, do you see him as a top 5, top 10 fantasy QB going forward? Moment of truth, against a bad secondary and he throws 4 picks. Not a surprise to me in the least.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I guess I never ran into him. At least not on a good week. A compiler of garbage stats with two stud WRs, but I guess he never was even on my radar. I was wrong looking back, but the fact that he keeps getting chance after chance is just embarrassing.

Let me ask you this, do you see him as a top 5, top 10 fantasy QB going forward? Moment of truth, against a bad secondary and he throws 4 picks. Not a surprise to me in the least.
yes. regardless he throws 50 times a game for 300 yards and two td's

jameis had 11.3 points week 1, 14.90 week2(which is useable not great).

From weeks 3-12 jameis didnt drop belowe 20 points, and was over 25 4 times.

week 13 he had 11 followed by back to back 40 point efforts

he had 16.60 week 16, and 20.50 week 17. I mean for the most part his worst game was gonna get you 16 points, but his floor was really 20 points most weeks..........

hell yeah, im all over him, even with turnovers, if he cleans them up, hes even better.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I should’ve had more faith. I didn’t think Winston could do it, but he pulled it off. He went right up until the end, throwing the pick-6 in the first play of OT. (Winston also set a new record for pick-6’s in a season too!).

Jameis Winston Writes a Storybook Ending in His Quest to Join the 30-TD, 30-INT Club

Ladies and gentlemen, the founding and sole member of the NFL’s 30-30 club: Jameis Winston. I hope he celebrated last night with some crab legs or something. :)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to disappoint you, but he did it as an Oiler.

Also it was in a 14 game season, so 3 INTS per game.

Thanks for the clarification. I just knew that Blanda held the Bears single season INT record and that Cutler didn't even come close when he threw 26 in 2009. So, I figured that must have been the season. Obviously, it was not.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. regardless he throws 50 times a game for 300 yards and two td's

jameis had 11.3 points week 1, 14.90 week2(which is useable not great).

From weeks 3-12 jameis didnt drop belowe 20 points, and was over 25 4 times.

week 13 he had 11 followed by back to back 40 point efforts

he had 16.60 week 16, and 20.50 week 17. I mean for the most part his worst game was gonna get you 16 points, but his floor was really 20 points most weeks..........

hell yeah, im all over him, even with turnovers, if he cleans them up, hes even better.

I'm not all over him if he leaves TB/Arians. If he stays then all of this stands to reason... yes.

If Arians says adios and Winston is starting elsewhere? He's just another fringe NFL starter in a regular offense. No different than 15-18.

I mean, I think most people understand that the offense changed. He didn't.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all over him if he leaves TB/Arians. If he stays then all of this stands to reason... yes.

If Arians says adios and Winston is starting elsewhere? He's just another fringe NFL starter in a regular offense. No different than 15-18.

I mean, I think most people understand that the offense changed. He didn't.
well no, its strictly if he stays in tampa.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throws a pick 6 to finish the game and the season

That play will also will be the perfect ending for Jameis WINsTon: An ESPN 30 for 30 Special.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he threw for over 5,000 yards, but how many yards is an INT worth? Your offense can gain 80 yards on a drive, but if your QB throws an INT, then it's almost like those 80 yards never happened. If you throw an INT early in the drive and in your territory, then that is maybe 30, 40, or 50 yards that the opposing team's offense didn't have to gain, yardage that is essentially gifted to your opponent.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this isn't about him, it's about the system he's in and the talent around him.
To an extent. Yes. Exactly. I think u need his arm though. Not "anyone" can step into that. But yeah I
Mean it's strictly volume any where throwing it 50 times a game with 2 all pro receivers and some sick tight end talent as their 4th options is gonna put up numbers.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent. Yes. Exactly. I think u need his arm though. Not "anyone" can step into that. But yeah I
Mean it's strictly volume any where throwing it 50 times a game with 2 all pro receivers and some sick tight end talent as their 4th options is gonna put up numbers.
When you look at the talent on that roster and consider if Winston merely cuts the turnovers in half, it's entirely feasible he puts up similar numbers to what Mahomes did last year. That's how unreal this whole thing is. That could easily be the best offense in the league and at times, it is.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis is kinda modern day Brett Favre imo.

His issues can be coached away, to a degree. But you can't teach confidence and he's loaded with confidence.

I tend to agree, but at what cost?

He does need a good QB coach...needs to learn how to look off defenders...something he should have learned by his 2nd yr.

The problem now is his cap hit is going to suggest that he's a ready made player...you can't have your $25 mil cap hit QB going thru remedial QB 101

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree, but at what cost?

He does need a good QB coach...needs to learn how to look off defenders...something he should have learned by his 2nd yr.

The problem now is his cap hit is going to suggest that he's a ready made player...you can't have your $25 mil cap hit QB going thru remedial QB 101
Yeah, I agree that this is part of it. 4 years in he should be getting this shit but I also see a lot of these young kids revert back to this at times when they get in their own head. Winston is not alone in not looking off a safety or LB. But some of his picks are just bad throws. Either sailing his receiver or underthrows. The weird thing is that at times, he puts it all together and does everything right and when he does, it's phenominal. Sadly, he only does that about 1 out of every 4-5 games.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this isn't about him, it's about the system he's in and the talent around him.
Nah. He makes bad decisions. There are only two schools of thought when analysts, coaches and GMs see a quarterback with 33 TDs and 30 INTs: (1) This guy could be pretty good, if only the game slowed down for him, he learned how to better read defenders, and if he was surrounded by a good O-line, capable running game and star WRs, or (2) This guy might be an athletic powerhouse at times, but he makes frequent bonehead decisions because he's really not a starter-calibre QB.

When such a player is young, or the team is in a new offense, it's attractive to protect sunk cost and go with #1. But patience wears thin, and rarely do GMs want to keep a project player on the roster in there's no reasonable upside.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree that this is part of it. 4 years in he should be getting this shit but I also see a lot of these young kids revert back to this at times when they get in their own head. Winston is not alone in not looking off a safety or LB. But some of his picks are just bad throws. Either sailing his receiver or underthrows. The weird thing is that at times, he puts it all together and does everything right and when he does, it's phenominal. Sadly, he only does that about 1 out of every 4-5 games.

Yep..he has the wildest high and low swings at the position in the league...I think Fitz may have been close to this type performance for a season.

It's going to be a tough decision to make in Tampa...his own HC is dumbfounded publicly stating they could do just as well with another QB...more honesty than anything I think.

Arians wants to throw the ball so whomever they get will likely put up good numbers, but I have a feeling ownership is going to try to get Winston on a team friendly deal and he will take it.