• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jameis is planning on not attending the NFL Draft

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get too hammered there.

Too many cameras.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he wont have to listen to the crowd go fucking ballistic when he's the #1 pick. Would have been a field day for the media to see the look on his face.

Smart move by the kid. :thumb:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should do whatever he wants to do. You are not obligated to attend the draft or be forced into participating in all the pre-draft presser BS. He has a history of poor decisions(FHRITP & crab legs). Keeping him away from all the "SportsHoopla" & the big city lights where his questionable judgement can get him into trouble is the right call.

He already knows that he is the #1 overall pick.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft will last longer than his NFL career.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. My observation of this is his handlers are telling him not to attend so as not to embarrass the English speaking world when he talks.

The league already had two men eating cake out of each other's mouth last year. When Jameis talks it sounds like someone is eating crab legs out of his mouth.

Btw, am I the only one that thinks his name should be pronounced "Jamize?" :noidea:

I always wonder if I am alone in that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thomas didn't attend the draft and went fishing with his Dad.

Winston plans to spend it with friends/family.

Who the F cares?

One less dork I gotta see get up there for 5 minutes and cry with his family coming up and everyone crying and the jersey held up and the hat and more crying, and all the pictures... Jesus I wish they all stayed home so we could move the ****ing thing along.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the F cares?

One less dork I gotta see get up there for 5 minutes and cry with his family coming up and everyone crying and the jersey held up and the hat and more crying, and all the pictures... Jesus I wish they all stayed home so we could move the ****ing thing along.

I would agree, but at the same time, he has a history of bad decision making and I think he can do more to HELP his tarnished image by shaking hands and kissing babies at the NFL Draft. Practice your communication skills a bit, have some polished bullet points loaded with cliche answers ready on the tip of your tongue and conduct yourself with dignity and maturity. That is showing a franchise that you are READY to be the Franchise Guy and the transgressions of the past were more immaturity then true character. Have team handlers take him and his family out for a night on the town after the draft. Hell, have the team rent out a fucking strip club, but control your situation through that weekend. If you can't trust his guy in a big city with plenty to do on his Draft night, then he probably isn't going to be your starting QB for long.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the F cares?

I'll be happy if we just don't have some "dude" sticking his tongue down some guys throat.....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some huge differences between Joe Thomas -- a lineman -- and a QB, who is by natural circumstance the face of a franchise. And Joe Thomas also didn't carry with him into the draft a history of really bad choices. Right now Winston should be doing everything possible to show the world he's matured and is ready to be the leader of an NFL team. He certainly has the right to not attend the draft, but I think that's the wrong choice given his circumstance and history.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kids certifiably insane. that boy aint right.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for him to go. He just had a meeting with RG and other NFL Office execs. He has had a couple meeting with the coaches, GM, and owners of the Bucs. He has been keeping it low key and should continue to do so. No need to drag your ass up and get booed. That will happen once the season starts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually applaud this decision if he decides to do it. He has been front and center for just about everything good and bad in his life. So for him to take a back seat for once in my opinion is a good sign. He has done a great job of keeping himself out of the limelight throughout this whole off season and I think he just needs to keep doing that and focus on football.

Look at last year with Johnny Football. The kid was everywhere leading up to the draft and is now in rehab not knowing whether his career continues or not. Sometimes it is best to not have a camera documenting every second of your day.