• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter in trouble

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's going to need a good lawyer:

A prosecutor could make the argument that two people racing = they both caused the accident.

She caused the accident of the vehicle she was driving unless something comes out that he hit her, which I haven't seen in the reports.

That's like saying you are responsible for the Challenger rocket blowing up because you were excited about space.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She caused the accident of the vehicle she was driving unless something comes out that he hit her, which I haven't seen in the reports.

That's like saying you are responsible for the Challenger rocket blowing up because you were excited about space.
Bayshore’s wide waterfront sidewalk is a popular pedestrian path through South Tampa, promoted by the city as the longest continuous sidewalk in the world. Jessica Reisinger Raubenolt and her daughter Lillia were trying to cross the street at West Knights Avenue in what police later described as a "lawful crossing."

Before they could make it across, the mom and baby were hit by a 2018 Ford Mustang, driven by Cameron Herrin, who lived just blocks away. Police say Herrin, with Tristan Herrin as his passenger, was racing another northbound vehicle – a gold Nissan driven by John Barrineau.

In December of 2020, a week before their trial was set to begin, Cameron Herrin and John Barrineau decided to go their separate legal ways.

Barrineau’s attorney negotiated a plea agreement with the state, pleading guilty to two vehicular homicide charges and a misdemeanor racing charge for a sentence of six years in Florida state prison followed by 15 years of probation.

The deal was approved by the victims’ family.

Herrin, meanwhile, also agreed to plead guilty to vehicular homicide charges. As the driver who struck the pedestrians, he faced a more significant sentence – up to 30 years in prison. In April of 2021, Hillsborough Circuit Judge Christopher Nash decided to sentence him to 24 years. The judge said Herrin’s track record of excessive speeding contributed to the decision.

so yes its a lesser charge but still jail time
just cause u didnt pull the trigger u still do jail time
It will be interesting to see if money can buy freedom:suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayshore’s wide waterfront sidewalk is a popular pedestrian path through South Tampa, promoted by the city as the longest continuous sidewalk in the world. Jessica Reisinger Raubenolt and her daughter Lillia were trying to cross the street at West Knights Avenue in what police later described as a "lawful crossing."

Before they could make it across, the mom and baby were hit by a 2018 Ford Mustang, driven by Cameron Herrin, who lived just blocks away. Police say Herrin, with Tristan Herrin as his passenger, was racing another northbound vehicle – a gold Nissan driven by John Barrineau.

In December of 2020, a week before their trial was set to begin, Cameron Herrin and John Barrineau decided to go their separate legal ways.

Barrineau’s attorney negotiated a plea agreement with the state, pleading guilty to two vehicular homicide charges and a misdemeanor racing charge for a sentence of six years in Florida state prison followed by 15 years of probation.

The deal was approved by the victims’ family.

Herrin, meanwhile, also agreed to plead guilty to vehicular homicide charges. As the driver who struck the pedestrians, he faced a more significant sentence – up to 30 years in prison. In April of 2021, Hillsborough Circuit Judge Christopher Nash decided to sentence him to 24 years. The judge said Herrin’s track record of excessive speeding contributed to the decision.

so yes its a lesser charge but still jail time
just cause u didnt pull the trigger u still do jail time
It will be interesting to see if money can buy freedom:suds:
Your example is a plea deal and not in Georgia. I was looking into it more, but I stopped after reading they also charged a passenger. Ridiculous.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a report by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Chip Towers, Carter has entered pleas of no contest to the charges of racing and reckless driving that stemmed from the Jan. 15 accident that claimed the lives of Georgia offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy. As a result, Carter has been sentenced to 12 months probation, a $1,000 fine and 80 hours of community service. Carter must also complete a state-approved defensive driving course per his Athens attorney, Kim Stephens.

According to a news release from Stephens, Carter “never left the scene” of the accident that morning.

“He stopped his car after the accident occurred and ran toward the wrecked vehicle while his passenger called 911,” Stephens said. “Even after being informed he could leave, Mr. Carter returned to the scene at the request of Athens-Clarke County Police Department to answer additional questions and continued to cooperate with the investigation.”

Stephens also claimed, “Jalen Carter’s actions on January 15, 2023, did not cause the tragic accident ... If the investigation had determined otherwise, he would have been charged with the far more serious offenses of vehicular homicide and serious injury by vehicle.”

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so 1st round it is:suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Least we know the character of the person when he's the top dog leader. He should be fine for a couple of seasons

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his combine workout yesterday, I think this guy is going to plummet actually.

He showed up fat, refused to do some of the drills, and literally failed to complete some of the ones he said he's do.

these come out the day he was charged :suds:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to post this......

He participated in ab illegal drag race that killed two people.....

I dont think its a manslaughter charge,being that they call both charges misdemeanors.....but what I do think will happen,is the families of the deceased will end up suing him for an astronomicaal amount because he was part of the cause of the crash........if not for racing against each other,the crash doesnt happen,more of an accomplice......(if thats the right word).....
Not only the race,but how do you leave those people behind knowingly they crashed and he possibly could have done something to save their lives......

He very well could be fucked for life.....
Na, you sue the University who's employee was driving a University vehicle... much deeper pockets. Remember, Carter is a poor college student. Really will not get a big payday for 5 years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his combine workout yesterday, I think this guy is going to plummet actually.

He showed up fat, refused to do some of the drills, and literally failed to complete some of the ones he said he's do.

This was discussed over on the Bears board, being he was one of the two big names constantly mentioned as a possible selection with our first pick. I remain stunned that this guy showed up on his all important pro day overweight, out of shape and obviously not in condition. It's bad enough his stock had been sinking due to the car crash controversy, but instead of making an attempt to ease concerns by showing up in shape and giving a solid effort, he slobs out. It's why I'm hoping either some team tags him before the Bears select at #9 or they bypass him if he's still on the board.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to wonder if he has a promise from a team and is tanking this. If not he has some huge red flags.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na, you sue the University who's employee was driving a University vehicle... much deeper pockets. Remember, Carter is a poor college student. Really will not get a big payday for 5 years.

And that too.......

And altho Carter is poor.......he wwill be signing a nice contract here soon.....he wont be poor forever......
And to tell you the truth,Im not sure they can sue him,but he was part of the problem.......

Is also not the universities fault she was drunk and drag racing......but it will be interesting to see whats going on with this......

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These athletes get paid through NIL deals, remember, so he likely has sponsorships as a star athlete

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not poor at all anymore, in all likelihood, even if he was poor before college

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that drafts him might be looking at the next Henry Ruggs.

I'd have loved to have him on the Steelers before, but he's DND to me.
Not many quire boys in the NFL, I'm hoping 23 teams (Detroit and Seattle twice) removed him from their board.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would call him poor. He was driving one of these:

View attachment 323536

For a student that's a mighty nice ride.

Hes no bok
Not sure I would call him poor. He was driving one of these:

View attachment 323536

For a student that's a mighty nice ride.

Ya,hes no broke college kid..........thats for sure.

And what made me think Carter could get sued is how was OJ responsible for Goldmans death in the civil lawsuit after being found not guilty.......??

I tend to think Carter was a participant in that drag race and that is being held accountable for his actions.......or am I just completely wrong on this.....

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes no bok

Ya,hes no broke college kid..........thats for sure.

And what made me think Carter could get sued is how was OJ responsible for Goldmans death in the civil lawsuit after being found not guilty.......??

I tend to think Carter was a participant in that drag race and that is being held accountable for his actions.......or am I just completely wrong on this.....
he was racing but the other driver veered off the road and hit 2 power poles and was drunk

As part of a lengthy statement, Carter’s attorney, Kim T. Stephens, denied that part of the AJC report.

“Mr. Carter never left the scene of the accident without being told that he could leave,” Stephens said. “He stopped his car immediately after the accident occurred and ran toward the wrecked vehicle while his passenger called 911. Even after being informed that he could leave, Mr. Carter returned to the scene at the request of the Athens-Clarke County Police Department to answer additional questions and continued to cooperate throughout the investigation.”