• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter in trouble

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 5+ years I wanted a beastly DT to pair with Fletcher Cox. Finally got him. Hope Big Fletch can keep up.
And If your really lucky Cox will be a rotation guy behind the two Georgia kids

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And If your really lucky Cox will be a rotation guy behind the two Georgia kids
Exactly! I don’t care who starts and gets the opportunity to tell us where they played college ball in the telecast. I care about snap totals. Jordan Davis couldn’t get on the field enough last year. I need him to triple his 10-11 snaps per game last year. I need Carter to get 22-25 snaps per game. Fletch should only play 30 some snaps a game and the guy that many forget about Milton Williams to get up to 30 snaps.

In total, defensive tackle snaps in general should be down this season in the transition from Gannon to Desai. Desai likes to employ that all DE pass rush group in the front 4 on passing downs. Some teams used to call it the NASCAR package because it values more speed. Brandon Graham has played inside in that package before. In fact he was aligned at DT when he got the Super Bowl strip sack of Brady. I also think Sweat can bump down inside and play that responsibility as a 3 tech. I would have Reddick and Nolan Smith play the ends in that package.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Eagles took a huge risk in drafting Carter, but they have drafted a lot of his teammates now and surely did their homework on his character. He sounds like a dumb, immature kid. Maybe with some time he will grow out of it. The talent is not in question.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Eagles took a huge risk in drafting Carter, but they have drafted a lot of his teammates now and surely did their homework on his character. He sounds like a dumb, immature kid. Maybe with some time he will grow out of it. The talent is not in question.
Agree 100%. Even when he was drafted he couldn't keep his emotions together and was the only guy that cried like a baby when he got drafted. He is extremely talented though, and if he has the right work ethic, then the Eagles hit an absolute home run with the pick. Hopefully that Philly fan base gives him some grace if he falters his first couple of years as he seems thin-skinned and might not handle adversity all that well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s always a level of risk that’s involved when seeking a big reward. They’ve spent the entire Jeffrey Lurie Era crafting a culture. They’re built better than most to take on that risk. The fact that he has so many former teammates around him (as you point out) is just another layer that reduces that overall risk. I think Carter may have benefitted going to that NFL locker room than the Eagles did having him there at 9 to trade up for.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. Even when he was drafted he couldn't keep his emotions together and was the only guy that cried like a baby when he got drafted. He is extremely talented though, and if he has the right work ethic, then the Eagles hit an absolute home run with the pick. Hopefully that Philly fan base gives him some grace if he falters his first couple of years as he seems thin-skinned and might not handle adversity all that well.
Crying? Oy vey. I think like 3 of the first 4 QBs taken were crying haha. And if dude can’t handle adversity he is just not going to make it in pro sports.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crying? Oy vey. I think like 3 of the first 4 QBs taken were crying haha. And if dude can’t handle adversity he is just not going to make it in pro sports.
Were they? I'd have to watch that first round over again then because the only one I noticed was Carter. I agree that an inability to handle adversity is a death knell for any pro athlete, but what constitutes "adversity" is dependent on the person facing it. To some people, seeing a mean tweet about them is adversity, while other people simply don't give a shit. That is more of what I am getting at.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had the most on the line that night. Someone believed in him and what he can do. I'd bet he feels like he owes the Eagles deep down.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I will run down from my seats (will take a while) and slap him myself if he doesn't deliver sacks right away.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is a good kid. Does he need to grow up a bit? Sure - like every other kid his age!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd have to get permission from his wife
I laughed for a second, then I realized. GiGi has a wife? A woman desperate enough to marry HIM? and horror of horrors, there could be little GiGi's running around...?

...my God, I fear for the human gene pool...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed for a second, then I realized. GiGi has a wife? A woman desperate enough to marry HIM? and horror of horrors, there could be little GiGi's running around...?

...my God, I fear for the human gene pool...
look around the room, idiots on every street corner

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a risk at all. I know I was racing cars at that age.