• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter in trouble

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i can interject here....

These are those situations where we know very little.

Remember there was a situation that we knew very little about and when we found out more, we found out said player was defending someone close to him....

Thankfully it worked out for Jeffery Simmons and he is a dominant force now.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will depend on if the charges change from a misdemeanor to a felony. As of right now, what he faces is two counts of misdemeanors with no priors, it would probably be pleaded out and probably reduced. A felony is a different story. And yes, someone died, but not sure there is evidence that said the second car was directly at fault. Accessory to the fact, perhaps, but we are not the ones who get to make that determination or change the charges.
Some states automatically go felony charges if you were racing and there was a death.

If GA does. He's in deep shit.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports are saying it was his $90,000 Jeep. Did someone else take responsibility for driving it that I didn't hear? Or is he just claiming he wasn't driving his Jeep?

Idl9F-.gif

Still love Sapp not wanting any part of Carter talking about "Fall Guys".

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this puts Arizona in more of a bind than Chicago. Carter fits Arizona from a needs and talent perspective perfectly and I dont think the trade offers for #3 will be nearly as wild as the ones for #1
I thought the Cardinals were likely to trade the #3 pick to a QB hungry team. I still think that will happen.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happened how long ago? But they just issued a warrant the moment all the spotlights were on the Combine. Sounds like a combination of a) some prosecuter wants to get his name out there so he can run for a judge spot. And b) they know the MF did shit, but they cant pin nothing on him, so they're taking petty revenge as much as they can.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleeing the scene for 2 hours then coming back is clear "I need to get sober"

This is on top of the talks that he has no work ethic and does not love football.

Some teams may take him off the board, but not all. At some point the risk becomes worth it for someone that talented.
He has no reason to get sober once he left the scene. He could have come back drunk as shit, all head to do (which any lawyer will tell him) is say he was sober when he was driving, but went home and drank because he was upset his friend crashed. Absolutely no way to prove that's not true, once he left.

I had a college professor that told us after his third DUI he started keeping a 5th of alcohol in his trunk. When he got pulled over drunk driving after that he popped the trunk, turned off his car, got out, dropped his keys and ran to the trunk and just started slamming the booze. Both times he did this the cops tackled his dumb ass because they didn't know what he was grabbing from the trunk. Now days they would just shoot him and call it justified. He got charges like resisting arrest, drunk and disorderly, open intox, etc. Every charge they could throw at him. But another DUI would have been a felony for him and he avoided that because they couldnt prove that he was drunk before he started blowing bubbles into the bottle. Still had a job too, the perks of being a tenured professor I guess.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no reason to get sober once he left the scene. He could have come back drunk as shit, all head to do (which any lawyer will tell him) is say he was sober when he was driving, but went home and drank because he was upset his friend crashed. Absolutely no way to prove that's not true, once he left.

I had a college professor that told us after his third DUI he started keeping a 5th of alcohol in his trunk. When he got pulled over drunk driving after that he popped the trunk, turned off his car, got out, dropped his keys and ran to the trunk and just started slamming the booze. Both times he did this the cops tackled his dumb ass because they didn't know what he was grabbing from the trunk. Now days they would just shoot him and call it justified. He got charges like resisting arrest, drunk and disorderly, open intox, etc. Every charge they could throw at him. But another DUI would have been a felony for him and he avoided that because they couldnt prove that he was drunk before he started blowing bubbles into the bottle. Still had a job too, the perks of being a tenured professor I guess.

Sounds like a real virtuous character...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young, dumb and full of cum. Unfortunate and reckless but looking back, I was no smarter in my early 20s. However, I didn't have nearly as much to lose as these athletes. Part of being an elite athlete is always gonna be public perception and being careful with the choices you make. As for Carter, yet another question mark on his character but unless this somehow becomes a felony ( which is unlikely, imo), he will still be a high pick because in this business, talent trumps character every time. Hopefully, he learns from this and gets a little wisdom. He needs somebody look him in the eye and tell him straight up that his talent only gets him through the door and he will have to put in the work to be great.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Trackhawk is dangerous enough on it's own, essentially a Cherokee Hellcat. Too high of a center of gravity for that much power IMO.
It's too much car for most people when they are sober.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too much car for most people when they are sober.
The Trackhawk is the hottest thing ever to wear a Jeep badge. Its Hellcat engine has mind-blowing acceleration and a soundtrack that raises a metaphorical middle finger to local noise ordinances. Its 707 horsepower is 10 less than the regular Hellcat-powered Challenger and Charger, and the Jeep's more restrictive exhaust system decreases torque by 5 lb-ft (645 total). The difference is negligible, and the Trackhawk's all-wheel-drive traction allowed the Jeep to virtually teleport to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds. The 'Hawk's throttle was so responsive that we didn't dare mat the pedal around town.:suds:

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some states automatically go felony charges if you were racing and there was a death.

If GA does. He's in deep shit.
he's going to need a good lawyer:
GA said:
Any driver of a motor vehicle who, without malice aforethought, causes an accident which causes the death of another person and leaves the scene of the accident in violation of subsection (b) of Code Section 40-6-270 commits the offense of homicide by vehicle in the first degree and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than three years nor more than 15 years.

A prosecutor could make the argument that two people racing = they both caused the accident.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A prosecutor could make the argument that two people racing = they both caused the accident.

I was just about to post this......

He participated in ab illegal drag race that killed two people.....

I dont think its a manslaughter charge,being that they call both charges misdemeanors.....but what I do think will happen,is the families of the deceased will end up suing him for an astronomicaal amount because he was part of the cause of the crash........if not for racing against each other,the crash doesnt happen,more of an accomplice......(if thats the right word).....
Not only the race,but how do you leave those people behind knowingly they crashed and he possibly could have done something to save their lives......

He very well could be fucked for life.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to post this......

He participated in ab illegal drag race that killed two people.....

I dont think its a manslaughter charge,being that they call both charges misdemeanors.....but what I do think will happen,is the families of the deceased will end up suing him for an astronomicaal amount because he was part of the cause of the crash........if not for racing against each other,the crash doesnt happen,more of an accomplice......(if thats the right word).....
Not only the race,but how do you leave those people behind knowingly they crashed and he possibly could have done something to save their lives......

He very well could be fucked for life.....
I bolded the part that I never even thought about, but it's definitely a possibility, likely even a probability. Yeah, this isn't going to be a one-n-done issue that will immediately fade away for Carter.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is sadly, correct.

If you hit someone and are suspected of murdering if intoxicated (or seriously injuring someone) the best thing you can do is drive off... you can come back later, or if the police arrive at your house, say you pounded a bunch of alcohol because you were scared... call your lawyer asap, and there's no way they can prove you were drinking... hell run on foot if the car is totaled.

It's DISGUSTING and dishonorable mind you... I'm not saying that's right and at some point you're going to face it and that's a hard reality... but the law dictates the most favorable situation is keep goin' or flee on foot saying you were scared. OBVIOUSLY if the cops WITNESS it you're kind of f'd regardless as they will likely track you down pretty quick.

All said, it's a felony still (to hit and run and murder someone) but it's considered a class C as opposed to class A felony in most states if you hit/run + murder vs. murder + DUI + stick around. Courts have been trying to change this for a while but to my knowledge most states it has not changed.