• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time once again to LMFAO at Pac 12 football.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB is gaining to want to come to Oregon, I'm sure they're all thinking why would I go to Oregon, the coaches will just bring in a experienced QB, and I'll sit on the bench
With that center Oregon is going to need A QB that isn't so fragile and has experience handling balls hitting the ground. IMO Helfrich needs to see if he can find a transfer from A nursing home

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that none of the other Power 5 want to give up their home field advantage by playing a bowl game out of their area, if they can help it.

Which leaves the B1G as the only Power 5 conference that pretty much has to travel.

3 B1G Bowl games in Florida
3 B1G Bowl games in California
1 B1G Bowl game in Arizona
1 B1G Bowl game in Texas

The B1G should say screw it, play mid-majors in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Wisconsin and keep the Rose Bowl.

Might as well bring on more 5-7s and even 4-8s.:D

It is now about branding and the perception of being a good conference.
PAC 12 played five mid-majors, yet have a 6-4 record and are perceived as being a better conference.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why the PAC-12 has such shitty bowl games?

They need to drop all those mid-major snoozers and pick up at least one SEC matchups.
Half their games are versus teams nobody wants to see.

It is possible. The slots are not forever set in stone for lower tier bowl games.
The PAC-12 can be more assertive in negotiating.
Pac 12 has 1, Just 1, only 1, bowl game contracted to play a Non P5 team and that is the Vegas bowl to normally play the MWC champion. the rest of the bowls that they played non P5 teams this season were because other conferences failed to fulfill their contracted bowl spots.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB is gaining to want to come to Oregon, I'm sure they're all thinking why would I go to Oregon, the coaches will just bring in a experienced QB, and I'll sit on the bench

Oregon has 3 commited in 16 and 1 in 17 already. but please keep telling us how 17/18 year olds think.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not rationalizing... Just stating what happened during the game... Starting QB had them up 31-0 then went out... Then they were outscored 47-10 thereafter...

Props to TCU for mounting the comeback...

As was pointed out, TCU was without their starting qb and one of their starting wide receivers for the ENTIRE game. Also, last I checked, Oregon's starting qb doesn't play defense. TCU scored on something like 9 straight possessions. All Oregon's defense needed was to stop them 1 of those 9 times and Oregon wins. They couldn't do it and that had nothing to do with losing their starting qb.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That center that went out hurt WAS another grad transfer. They obviously knew what they had at center while they were fishing for QB's on the grad market.
Seriously?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
:yes:
They were talking about it at the start of the game. That not only was Adams a grad transfer, but so was their center. And they mentioned it again after he was out and the backup was crapping the bed.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes:
They were talking about it at the start of the game. That not only was Adams a grad transfer, but so was their center. And they mentioned it again after he was out and the backup was crapping the bed.
:lol:
If I were an oregon fan, I'd have some major questions and concerns...

But as the opposite of an oregon fan, this is great!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the use of transfers means the beginning of Oregon sliding back towards mediocrity that some seem to think/hope that it is or not.

But I do know that when it happens, depth is usually where it starts. Either with too many "misses" on recruits or not landing as many "first choice" recruits as they are used to or a combination of the 2. With all of their success, Oregon doesn't land as many "sure thing" type recruits as other top programs which leaves them with a little higher probability of "missing" on recruits.

If I'm an Oregon fan, my biggest worry is why the entire team fell apart just because of losing the starting qb and center. You can understand the offense struggling after losing those players. But the collapse of the defense should be very worrisome.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the use of transfers means the beginning of Oregon sliding back towards mediocrity that some seem to think/hope that it is or not.

But I do know that when it happens, depth is usually where it starts. Either with too many "misses" on recruits or not landing as many "first choice" recruits as they are used to or a combination of the 2. With all of their success, Oregon doesn't land as many "sure thing" type recruits as other top programs which leaves them with a little higher probability of "missing" on recruits.

If I'm an Oregon fan, my biggest worry is why the entire team fell apart just because of losing the starting qb and center. You can understand the offense struggling after losing those players. But the collapse of the defense should be very worrisome.
Using multiple grad transfers isn't a problem, but it might be a symptom of one. Still yet to be determined IMO. And frankly I'm not going to look deep enough into it to know one way or another. That's for their fans to do.

They clearly missed on some of their recent QB's and had a hole at center and found plugs for them. Still, JC transfers are at least a little better in that they may plug it for two years, not one.

Add special teams to the mix of units that fell apart in that game though. They had a few return yards but that's about it. The whole entire team fell apart.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not laughing at ASU's performance

... just sadly shaking my head.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using multiple grad transfers isn't a problem, but it might be a symptom of one. Still yet to be determined IMO. And frankly I'm not going to look deep enough into it to know one way or another. That's for their fans to do.

They clearly missed on some of their recent QB's and had a hole at center and found plugs for them. Still, JC transfers are at least a little better in that they may plug it for two years, not one.

Add special teams to the mix of units that fell apart in that game though. They had a few return yards but that's about it. The whole entire team fell apart.
I still cant say Oregon missed on more than just Lockie. Bennett, Hobbs and Rodriguez all transfered so its unknown where they would be right now. Mahalak and Jonsen are still young and on top of that Jonsen was hurt before the season started. untill they bust then I will hold off saying they missed on anymore than just Lockie.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cant say Oregon missed on more than just Lockie. Bennett, Hobbs and Rodriguez all transfered so its unknown where they would be right now. Mahalak and Jonsen are still young and on top of that Jonsen was hurt before the season started. untill they bust then I will hold off saying they missed on anymore than just Lockie.
Fair enough, but they did fail to have whatever it took on staff to deal with the nearly inevitable injuries and having the 'next man up' and ready to go. However you want to word it, there is no excuse for a top level program entirely self destructing over the loss of one or two players, no matter what position.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahalak and Jonsen are still young and on top of that Jonsen was hurt before the season started. untill they bust then I will hold off saying they missed on anymore than just Lockie.

And now Mahalak might transfer. It'd be interesting to know if it's because Oregon is bringing a 5th year senior transfer for the 2nd straight season. Also, young or not, why not go with Mahalak or Jonsen when it became obvious that Lockie wasn't going to be the answer? At least he'd be getting some game experience.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Mahalak might transfer. It'd be interesting to know if it's because Oregon is bringing a 5th year senior transfer for the 2nd straight season. Also, young or not, why not go with Mahalak or Jonsen when it became obvious that Lockie wasn't going to be the answer? At least he'd be getting some game experience.
Mahalak was lazy. He said so himself in the spring. He got complacent knowing he wasnt going to play so he didnt focus. He came in as BMOC in HS but then he was behind Mariota and guys in the system longer so he didnt study like he should have.
Jonsen got hurt before the season. Not sure where he is in recovery and rehab.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*bump*

It's that time one again folks!

LMFAO @ Pac 12 football. :pound:

Literally dogshit from top to bottom. :nod:

:agree: