• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Time For New York To Cash In The Carmello Chip

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should recognize now that that Carmello Anthony is posturing for his reasons to jump ship in June and go to a team that knows how to manage a basketball season. My contention is that New York doesn't know what they are doing because this is a repeat of the past - highest paid players and worst team. So now they need to take that sucker and sell his ass to the highest bidder and tell him to go fuck himself

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should recognize now that that Carmello Anthony is posturing for his reasons to jump ship in June and go to a team that knows how to manage a basketball season. My contention is that New York doesn't know what they are doing because this is a repeat of the past - highest paid players and worst team. So now they need to take that sucker and sell his ass to the highest bidder and tell him to go fuck himself

Amar'e Stoudemire is there highest paid player $21,679,893, Carmelo Anthony is at $21,388,953, but yeah New York has been a joke for the past 40 years :laugh3::laugh3:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are acting like Melo's chip is worth anything. He is an overrated chucker who after spending any time on your team the team will quit because they are sick of his lack of ball movement and D.

Maybe a Bucks type would pay him and sell the rest of their roster to sell tickets and collect on revenue sharing.

An Indy type could really benefit from him but Melo would almost need to come off the bench and take a pay cut the way Indy plays D and is incapable of going into the Luxury.

Also it is the GMs fault for bringing in this collection of talent that completely sucks together but you really need to remember how much Melo sucks and how incompatible he is with any collection of players. NY did not know that when they acquired him but they probably should have.

From hearing his quotes recently I think he is completely unaware that he has teammates on the offensive end or that he is required to play D on the other. Well, clearly he is not required, but he is unaware that he is supposed to. I think he thinks that the other 14 players on the roster are their to get rebounds, and if he gets rebounds he deserves a cookie and 10 minutes off of Defensive duties.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo could do well if he played for a team who needed a shooter/rebounder, notably within the arc. If he played like a 3/4 and never like a 2/3 he would be very valuable. The right coach could do that. Needs a defensive minded team to shapen him up.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Damn, looks like the Trade machine won't load it for some reason.
It is 'Melo to the Rockets for Lin and Asik.
What's funny is everyone loses by the analysis: Knicks -6 wins, Rockets -1 win (that would currently give the Knicks a -1 win total for the season).

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how the Knicks would lose there? Chandler could play PF to Asik at C and they would have a decent front court. Knicks also cure the offensive cancer and just have a terminally ill contract to amend.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Melo were smart, he'd shut up and play. No one wants/needs him anymore. He doesn't sell tickets.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Melo were smart, he'd shut up and play. No one wants/needs him anymore. He doesn't sell tickets.

Same goes for Gasol. Super expensive, does not look invested. He was tradeable last year, but this year- not so compelling a player

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are acting like Melo's chip is worth anything. He is an overrated chucker who after spending any time on your team the team will quit because they are sick of his lack of ball movement and D.

Maybe a Bucks type would pay him and sell the rest of their roster to sell tickets and collect on revenue sharing.

An Indy type could really benefit from him but Melo would almost need to come off the bench and take a pay cut the way Indy plays D and is incapable of going into the Luxury.

Also it is the GMs fault for bringing in this collection of talent that completely sucks together but you really need to remember how much Melo sucks and how incompatible he is with any collection of players. NY did not know that when they acquired him but they probably should have.

From hearing his quotes recently I think he is completely unaware that he has teammates on the offensive end or that he is required to play D on the other. Well, clearly he is not required, but he is unaware that he is supposed to. I think he thinks that the other 14 players on the roster are their to get rebounds, and if he gets rebounds he deserves a cookie and 10 minutes off of Defensive duties.

It's not really - because if the Lakers wait til June - then they got a shot without giving anything up - considering what Dwight Howard did to the Lakers - I think that could send a small chill to other teams trading for players with less then one season on their books unless it's a salary dump for themselves as well which would make no sense. For the Lakers if they aren't interested in resigning Gasol, but want Anthony - then yes, but I would rather offer Gasol 8 million a year/24 for three years and take a chance that he rejects the offer and then go after Luol Dung