• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Tigers Time

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughed - not out loud laughed - but laughed about your MM injury reference. After all, it's not like he's never gotten injured before?

But what does, "they, can't afford to be 10 games below .500 when season ends" mean? Sure we can. That's why this game isn't a sprint, from season to season IMO.

And why is it so "ridiculous" for us to consider rebuilding? Do not at all get where you're coming from here.

I'd ask you do do one thing with what you've said above: Go back and and do the financial ramifications of it all. I may be wrong, but everyone, even the Yankees/Lakers/Cowboys of the world only have so much money to spend. Fact.

Financial ramifications of what?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to put our best foot forward at least until the trade deadline. It is still too early to mail it in and i just think it would not look good on the organization as a whole. We should have a better idea by the deadline on what to do.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to put our best foot forward at least until the trade deadline. It is still too early to mail it in and i just think it would not look good on the organization as a whole. We should have a better idea by the deadline on what to do.

I'm good with that

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Odor doesn't start hitting soon we need to send him down. There's no reason to keep Sardinas, Odor, and Murphy on the ML roster.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor: Disaster looms for Texas Rangers if Prince Fielder can't find old form - ESPN Dallas

JJT thinks it will set the team back 5-10 years if Fielder can't return to form. It will definitely hurt but I don't think it's going to cost us 5 years. He then goes on to say this:

If not, this will go down as one of the worst trades in baseball history -- not just franchise annals. It will set the Rangers organization back at least five years -- and 10 isn't out of the question, because Fielder was supposed to be an anchor in the middle of the lineup for years.
And it will, ultimately, cost manager Ron Washington and Daniels their jobs.
Oh, it's that serious. No manager or GM is good enough to survive a $138 million acquisition that doesn't come close to working out, because the effect of such an outcome on the franchise is too great.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Financial ramifications of what?

Taking note of who's out, and what obligations we've made too them financially; both short and long term. I guess the term "dead-money" comes into play here. Just b/c someone is out, doesn't mean the team can go out and spend more money to replace said player IMO.

I wondering, where does a team have to draw the line on spending when they've spent X dollars on players who won't/can't contribute.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor: Disaster looms for Texas Rangers if Prince Fielder can't find old form - ESPN Dallas

JJT thinks it will set the team back 5-10 years if Fielder can't return to form. It will definitely hurt but I don't think it's going to cost us 5 years. He then goes on to say this:

If not, this will go down as one of the worst trades in baseball history -- not just franchise annals. It will set the Rangers organization back at least five years -- and 10 isn't out of the question, because Fielder was supposed to be an anchor in the middle of the lineup for years.
Oh, it's that serious. No manager or GM is good enough to survive a $138 million acquisition that doesn't come close to working out, because the effect of such an outcome on the franchise is too great.

Yeah....I posted the first part of this article this morning on page 16.

Tell ya, I'm not sure how long this could haunt the organization, but losing a man in the middle, one which we were counting on for many a year, at his cost could certainly be devastating to the team, as well as, individual's too.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross our Fingers that Baker can hold the Tigers in check...asking for too much I'm afraid...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Chirinos first PO this season?

This guys arm is completely different from last year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taylor is a notorious sensationalist.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking note of who's out, and what obligations we've made too them financially; both short and long term. I guess the term "dead-money" comes into play here. Just b/c someone is out, doesn't mean the team can go out and spend more money to replace said player IMO.

I wondering, where does a team have to draw the line on spending when they've spent X dollars on players who won't/can't contribute.

Spending 5-7 million on Morales for a 1 year contract doesn't hurt the bottom line any. Its a drop in the bucket.

As far as going forward, if he remains hurt, then part of his contract could be insured, remains to be seen though, based on what I've read he could come back fine

I don't think a trade is necessary bc it requires giving up players, but signing a player that only takes money is an acceptable attempt to replace some of Fielder's production.

A firesale is also not necessary. If at the deadline the is basically out of contention then give the young guys shot and deal off dead weight (Rios) but don't sell off anyone necessary for a run next year (Beltre)

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This KXTA feed is so bad, i hate it, i can't see the score, count, pitch count or MPH.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch!!!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn good thing we didn't move Mitch earlier this spring.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM using the left part of the field is crucial to his success. Hope he can continue to do so, b/c he seems to be a different type of player when doing so.