• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Philthy so no shocker

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where you’re just being dumb and not open to discussion. Le Bec Fin was the #1 rated restaurant in the country for years and The Fountain was 2nd. What do you mean NO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what list for top restaurants do you use. i mean there are a million of them out there

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where you’re just being dumb and not open to discussion. Le Bec Fin was the #1 rated restaurant in the country for years and The Fountain was 2nd. What do you mean NO
There's #8. Let's see if it worked buddy

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's another misconception that if you want to have a Philly cheesesteak, you need to go to either Geno's or Pat's. Just my opinion, but that's like eating Steak-Umms. It's nostalgic and all, but you can find better.

It's the same thing here in NYC with Katz deli. Lots of better places

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop it. You're just being silly. Those might have been the #1 and #2 restaurants in Philly, but not in the US.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for some underdogs. New York, Boston, New Orleans, Chicago, etc. those are easy picks.

Savannah is pretty great
Another underdog is Portland, OR

Not a lot of upscale restaraunts but a very quirky food scene and a pretty amazing food truck scene. Food trucks are hard to find in the PNW. Partly because of the regulations at least in WA and I don't think the weather is as conducive as many other parts of the country.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. You're just being silly. Those might have been the #1 and #2 restaurants in Philly, but not in the US.

In the entire country and I’ll give you the link tonight. That’s 9 Jarntt

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a lot of upscale restaraunts but a very quirky food scene and a pretty amazing food truck scene. Food trucks are hard to find in the PNW. Partly because of the regulations at least in WA and I don't think the weather is as conducive as many other parts of the country.

Portland is awesome...I have another niece living in Cali, looking to go to school in Portland, they love that city

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I don't have a "link" that proves that Philly has more asshat fans that do more diabolical shit than any other fan base. It's my opinion based on news reports of actual events that I've read, and my interaction with folks on sites like this one. Clearly, I'm not the only one. There's an issue there, you should accept it and move on.

That all said, I don't hate Philly or its inhabitants nearly as much as I've been putting forth today. I'm just fucking with you. I do think there's an issue with their fans, and I think the idea that it's the top culinary scene in America is retarded, but I'm sure I'll be back there at some point and I'll probably enjoy myself.

And I'm just playing devil's advocate.

As for the food discussion, I'm a neanderthal, so fancy food is lost on me.
Cultural food for me is putting sriracha sauce on a cheesesteak....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are always packed when I'm there, and its not like there exotic menu's either.....

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philly magazine that the restaurants paid to rank them as such. It's ridiculous.
I'm gonna laugh when it's some fine dining restaurant that has nothing to do with the actual culinary scene of the city.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeah I've heard Portland has good food. Never been

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same thing here in NYC with Katz deli. Lots of better places

I love those out of the way mom and pop type places.

In North Carolina, we visited some hole in the wall barbeque pit and it was fantastic.
Now, my standards for barbecue might be pretty low, but there was so much flavor.
Or maybe my Philly culinary taste buds have simply gone too long without any quality food....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im flying out to New orleans for the weekend 7am tomorrw
Mmmmm, jumbalya, crawdads, gumbo, poboys, muffuletata's (sp). I'm jealous haven't been there in years. Man they have some good grub. I also love their zidego and jazz music. I went to Mardi Gras years ago would never do that again, it's a young mans scene. But I gear the Jazz fest is a good time and not near as crazy.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I don't have a "link" that proves that Philly has more asshat fans that do more diabolical shit than any other fan base. It's my opinion based on news reports of actual events that I've read, and my interaction with folks on sites like this one. Clearly, I'm not the only one. There's an issue there, you should accept it and move on.

That all said, I don't hate Philly or its inhabitants nearly as much as I've been putting forth today. I'm just fucking with you. I do think there's an issue with their fans, and I think the idea that it's the top culinary scene in America is retarded, but I'm sure I'll be back there at some point and I'll probably enjoy myself.

Just jumping in on this one between you and @Sparhawk . I listen to a ton of sports radio and it always surprises me how much former athlete's, especially football players comment on the behavior of the Philly fans, especially Eagles fans. Granted a lot of these guys are ex Giants so there's a rivalry there but they compare it to the fans in Washington and Dallas who are equally as big rivals with the Giants.
I used to hop on the Amtrak and go to Philly quite a bit for concerts and just to hang out. I would hang out at bars and chat with people and never had an issue. Granted I'm a Yankee and Jets fan so there's no rivalry there.

I was a Ranger season ticket holder for years and Flyer fans were problematic on occasion but I chalked that up to proximity. Most took the Amtrak in and had a few drinks on the way in. The Islander fans were far worse

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmmm, jumbalya, crawdads, gumbo, poboys, muffuletata's (sp). I'm jealous haven't been there in years. Man they have some good grub. I also love their zidego and jazz music. I went to Mardi Gras years ago would never do that again, it's a young mans scene. But I gear the Jazz fest is a good time and not near as crazy.

Was hoping the Saints were in the Supe just to see that town this week