• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Philthy so no shocker

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not alone. It's part of growing up in that area. Anywhere in the NE on average have much better subs and pizza. For the most part the same can be said for a lot of the seafood. Not all seafood because you can find different species, cooked differently in many different parts of the country. A good example is fried clams. Most places in NE serve them with the belly. That's the way I prefer them. Many places in the rest of the country serve clam strips (no belly) my wife prefers this style. She was born in the PNW. Pacific salmon vs. Atlantic not even close, Pacific is much better.

Another strange one is Chinese food. Again for me the NE on average has the best. Even my wife agrees on this one.

Just different styles. Damn now I need to make a trip back east before I relocate to Thailand.
When it comes to chinese and pizza I've found that the best is usually in highly populated areas. There's a million places to get good pizza in New York and it is one of the few things that is actually less expensive than it is in other areas of the country. (I guess because the ingredients aren't too expensive and they do such heavy volume)

But I bet you're going to get some good Thai food in Thailand-of course over there they probably just call it food.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

We have a place in the Time Warner building in NYC called "Per Se" which is ranked like the best restaraunt in the world...I was there once, so I agree, id much rather grab the best burger or best slice of pizza in town than go there again

I enjoy some fine dining, but its the waaaaay over the top dining I dont love
Yeah, just the name Per Se is a little pretentious

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to chinese and pizza I've found that the best is usually in highly populated areas. There's a million places to get good pizza in New York and it is one of the few things that is actually less expensive than it is in other areas of the country. (I guess because the ingredients aren't too expensive and they do such heavy volume)

But I bet you're going to get some good Thai food in Thailand-of course over there they probably just call it food.

NY Water makes NY pizza the best, my guess is "good" pizzerias across the country, ship in the water, or use water filtration systems for their dough, increasing the price

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Water makes NY pizza the best, my guess is "good" pizzerias across the country, ship in the water, or use water filtration systems for their dough, increasing the price
Or just less competition, so they can charge more and get away with it

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re just being stupid. Philly is known for food. Hoagies, cheese steaks, pork sandwiches with broccoli rabí. For years the 1st and 2nd best restaurants in the country were in Philly (The Fountain and Le Bec Fin). But it’s an old city with family owner neighborhood restaurants. It’s not like out west where there’s nothing but chains. Go to South Philly and Grandmoms have their basements converted to restaurants with old Italy style food. Lots of Puero Ricans, Jamaicans, Asians. You are soooo wrong on this. Philly food culture is the best in the nation. Got me craving a Philly soft pretzel right now. We invented water ice too. So so soooo wrong dude.

nope, you always start in with the "ahhh sooo sooo wrong...I guanrentee....derp derp derp" shit when you are 100% false. for some stupid reason, you think your opinion makes something a fact. stop it...stop it now. i suggest you reel it in

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. I never heard that before. I have always thought that the biggest reason cheesesteaks and hoagies aren't as good in other parts of the country is because the rolls aren't the same. Maybe it has something to do with the different kinds of water "hard, soft, whatever".
That being said, I wonder if they have any good pizza in Flint, MI.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try finding decent bread, bagels or pizza in Florida....We are down there every few months and it's night and day compared to what I have every day up here.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. I never heard that before. I have always thought that the biggest reason cheesesteaks and hoagies aren't as good in other parts of the country is because the rolls aren't the same. Maybe it has something to do with the different kinds of water "hard, soft, whatever".
Not uncommon at all for established pizza places to open another one in another town and truck in the water. Also very expensive

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Water is the reason you find the best pizza, best Chinese Food and Best bagels in NY

I have family around the country, and those are the 3 things my mom is always bringing with her when she travels to visit them

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try finding decent bread, bagels or pizza in Florida....We are down there every few months and it's night and day compared to what I have every day up here.....
\

yup, my brother is in Boyton Beach, my mom always freezes the chinese and bagels and brings it down to him

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep something about the water in the NE.

OBTW there is nothing good in Flint, MI:D

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My town has the best brisket in all of Texas and next week they are going to revolutionize the industry when they start toasting roll

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep something about the water in the NE.

OBTW there is nothing good in Flint, MI:D
Yeah, I don't think I've ever had or will have a reason to go there. But it would be funny if they did discover that somehow the bad water made some food taste better. They'd be like "ok, you all can stop worrying about us now. We're ok with the high cancer rates and birth defects. We got the best Shawarmas in the U.S.!"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My town has the best brisket in all of Texas and next week they are going to revolutionize the industry when they start toasting roll
Do you need to RSVP?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think I've ever had or will have a reason to go there. But it would be funny if they did discover that somehow the bad water made some food taste better. They'd be like "ok, you all can stop worrying about us now. We're ok with the high cancer rates and birth defects. We got the best Shawarmas in the U.S.!"
Mmmm shawarma

I'll take my cancer on the side please

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\

yup, my brother is in Boyton Beach, my mom always freezes the chinese and bagels and brings it down to him
When I lived in West Palm Beach in the early 90's, we used to hit Boston's in Delray and just about every bar in the area....Being single without a care in the world was as good as it gets....We go to Ft Lauderdale now which has changed dramatically from the days of Spring Break....