• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's LOTTO DAY!!!

Who gets the first pick in the draft?

• Celtics

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Suns

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lakers

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sixers

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if the end up taking Ball. I think they will and they should- but considering they have Russell and Ball's baggage, i dont think its set in stone.

I think Ball ends up a Laker. At this point, it almost has to happen.:L

I think the Celtics either take Fultz or trade the pick to someone who does. With Ball or Fultz, I think Russell will be the full time 2 guard. He played well there at the end of the season and finally started showing why folks were high on him more consistently. His baggage is pretty much behind him, but he does need to continue working on his maturity.

Lonzo seems like a good, down to earth kid. Unfortunately, whatever team gets him is also getting his Dad. Fortunately, NBA teams have security to keep him the hell away when necessary.

Maybe, with Lonzo on the Lakers, Lavar will concentrate on continuing to make Alford and UCLA's life hell with LaMelo and LiAngelo instead of the Lakers?:hope:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure if i would do it- but i think an offer of Randle, Clarkson and the Houston 1st rounder would at least make Indiana consider Paul George.

I'd do that trade in a second. No brainer, imo.

I dunno - i gotta think the Lakers pick is gonna be Ball. - but can Russell start next to ball? thats the question. If they draft Ball- the PG position is his. Thats for sure.

I don't see why they couldn't. Luke had Russell at the 2 for most of the last part of the season and he looked good. Ball is a pass first point guard, so shots shouldn't be an issue.

Jackson is probably the better fit---- but when you need so much help- you take best player available- and i think thats Ball if Fultz is off the board.

With the style that Luke wants, I think Ball will fit in real well. I don't like his defense, but hopefully the coaches will fix that. He has the length to be a good defender.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks have said the Nick Young thing hasn't been forgotten and one of the things the Lakers are said to need to see from him is more maturity.

They certainly seemed to have buried the hatchet this season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly seemed to have buried the hatchet this season.

They definitely did so publicly. But you are always going to have folks who think that it's different in the locker room.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely did so publicly. But you are always going to have folks who think that it's different in the locker room.

Yes but that could apply to literally any situation on any team with any players.
While Russ and Swaggy are never going to be BFFs, they certainly showed professionalism last year.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have to thank Paul Pierce for convincing Garnett to wave his trade clause and join the Nets. That was the move that will bring them #18

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to thank Paul Pierce for convincing Garnett to wave his trade clause and join the Nets. That was the move that will bring them #18

I sincerely hope the Celtics make the Finals every year....

and then fucking choke! :heh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how soon will we be hearing "I'm taking my talents to Beantown" from Lebron?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but that could apply to literally any situation on any team with any players.
While Russ and Swaggy are never going to be BFFs, they certainly showed professionalism last year.

Oh, I agree. But you know how the media is. They could be roommates and be seen hanging out together and having a good time publicly and there will still be those who say it's all for show.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely hope the Celtics make the Finals every year....

I could not read the rest of the post but you seemed to be quite intelligent so far

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if it hasnt---- i just dont think Russell has the mentality to be a true team leader and the guy driving the car and i dont think hes a great fit as a 2. With Ball's defense i think you want a better defender there- and a guy that can make 3's consistently to spread the floor

Plus- i just dont think Russell's game fits what the Lakers would wnat to do under Ball. Russell is a guy that needs the ball in his hands a lot- I think they want to try and develop something more like the Warriors where no one guy is dominating the ball- the ball doesnt stick- and Ball is the perfect PG with that.....i just dont see Russell fitting into that type of system that well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if it hasnt---- i just dont think Russell has the mentality to be a true team leader and the guy driving the car and i dont think hes a great fit as a 2. With Ball's defense i think you want a better defender there- and a guy that can make 3's consistently to spread the floor

Being a team leader is something that he has said he wants and he's definitely working on that, but I agree that he may not have the right mindset.

Luke played him at the 2 almost exclusively over about the last 20 or so games of the season and he played really well. Shot well from 3 over that time also. His defense is definitely a concern though. I'm not sure he's athletic enough to guard some of the 2's out there consistently. Add Ball not being much of a defender to that and the Lakers could be in real trouble defensively unless they both improve in a big hurry.

I think that if the Lakers decide to make a trade for PG-13, Russell would be part of that deal.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha. What a tease that was. Once the Kings didn't get the 8th pick, we all knew they'd be in the top 3, which theoretically increased the chances of L.A. getting bumped out of the top 3. I can't be mad at the results. There should be some pretty good players available at #3. Now I've just got to hope that the Lakers are a high lottery pick once again next year.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sixers see Simmon has a guy who can swing from point to the 4 based on situation. The question ultimately revolved around who he can cover. Given the players that they have, the Sixers look like the sort of team that will play a very different system than just about everyone else.

Ultimately the Sixers live or die on the health of Embiid. He has transcendent talent provided he can stay on the court.

If everything goes right the Sixers COULD be a mid-level playoff team next year. But they could also be a 25 win team again.

If the 76ers win 25 games next year, it'll be a huge disappointment. If everyone is healthy, I don't see how they aren't in the mix for the playoffs. Brooklyn, Orlando, New York are a mess. Detroit is not very good. Indiana and Chicago should be on their way downward either this season or next. Charlotte, Atlanta? I don't know. Toronto will fall a bit if Lowry leaves.

My hope is that they have a Bucks-type year next season -- 40-ish wins and look solid in the playoffs with maybe a chance to win in the first round.