• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's LOTTO DAY!!!

Who gets the first pick in the draft?

• Celtics

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Suns

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lakers

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sixers

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even so, Embiid is trusting the process and believes the 76ers' time is near.

"When I say we are going to be ready to win when the Cavs are going down, that doesn't mean, like, five years," Embiid said. "Next year I think we are going to be ready to win."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno.

Im not sure if i would do it- but i think an offer of Randle, Clarkson and the Houston 1st rounder would at least make Indiana consider Paul George.

I dunno - i gotta think the Lakers pick is gonna be Ball. - but can Russell start next to ball? thats the question. If they draft Ball- the PG position is his. Thats for sure.

Jackson is probably the better fit---- but when you need so much help- you take best player available- and i think thats Ball if Fultz is off the board.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna place a bet? Or are you going to pussy out and ignore me again?

I'd take that action but we already have a bet about the Lakers winning 40 or more games. :pound:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wouldn't be surprised so see the Celtics trade down. If the Sixers or Suns or some other lottery team falls in love with Fulz I could seem them trading.

OTOH, I'm not sure that any team sees Fulz as being that much better than Fox or Monk that it would be worth giving up a lot of assets to move up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. The ping pong ball gods are against the Sixers again. At least the Lakers will still suck next year and the pick will still be in the 5-7 range, if I had to guess. Still great value considering they gave up an awful player to be in that position.

The ping pong balls weren't great for the Sixers but they weren't terrible. They wound up with the #3 pick, albeit because of the Kings ping pong balls. Winding up with the #3 pick was about where they were supposed to land.
If Embiid can stay healthy next year I would be very surprised to see the Sixers in the bottom 8 of the league.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ping pong balls weren't great for the Sixers but they weren't terrible. They wound up with the #3 pick, albeit because of the Kings ping pong balls. Winding up with the #3 pick was about where they were supposed to land.
If Embiid can stay healthy next year I would be very surprised to see the Sixers in the bottom 8 of the league.

Right that's what I mean. If not for Hinkie fleecing the Kings, we would have had the 5th pick, which would have been 4 out of 5 years we ended up worse than where we were projected to be. At least I think that's the case. Maybe it's 3 out of 4 years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna place a bet? Or are you going to pussy out and ignore me again?

35 wins would have got a team out of the top 10 this year. You think the Sixers can't win 35 games next year?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right that's what I mean. If not for Hinkie fleecing the Kings, we would have had the 5th pick, which would have been 4 out of 5 years we ended up worse than where we were projected to be. At least I think that's the case. Maybe it's 3 out of 4 years.

Fair enough. End result worked out for us though.

It really amazes me that no one is interested in hiring Hinkie. He needs a real basketball guy to help him build a roster but the man was one of the best horse traders I've seen in basketball.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. End result worked out for us though.

It really amazes me that no one is interested in hiring Hinkie. He needs a real basketball guy to help him build a roster but the man was one of the best horse traders I've seen in basketball.

Yeah, I agree. Hinkie did an incredible job at acquiring assets given what he inherited. It's a shame he couldn't get to Billy King before the Celtics did.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35 wins would have got a team out of the top 10 this year. You think the Sixers can't win 35 games next year?

If Embiid is healthy, they should easily be able to win 35+ games. Plus they may sign Lowry

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on who they sign and health.

If they sign Kyle Lowry and draft Monk or Jackson....and you get healthy years out of Simmins and Embiid it could be a very interesting year.

people are underestimating the Sixers a little bit - they have to remember all the flexibility this team has salary cap wise- and they will still have a lotto pick from the Lakers next year as well- as well as their own pick- which they could either keep- or - make deals with.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as much chance as the Lakers do

I guess. Not sure how to quantify that. The 2nd half Lakers were pretty atrocious, once they traded Williams. Maybe they will turn it all around and Mozgov and Deng will suddenly turn into competent quality players. Maybe Russell will develop into a legitimate PG. Maybe Randle takes the next step.

The Sixers were a pretty decent team when Embiid was healthy. They were a .500 team with Embiid on the court this year. Of course it is a big question mark whether Embiid can stay on the court. But they will likely get Simmons back. And it seems like there is a good chance that Kyle Lowry will be a Sixer this year.

If you think those two situations are the same, more power to you. I don't think you would find many objective observers that would agree with you.