• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's LOTTO DAY!!!

Who gets the first pick in the draft?

• Celtics

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Suns

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lakers

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sixers

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if the end up taking Ball. I think they will and they should- but considering they have Russell and Ball's baggage, i dont think its set in stone.

What baggage does Russell have?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno.

Im not sure if i would do it- but i think an offer of Randle, Clarkson and the Houston 1st rounder would at least make Indiana consider Paul George.

the Lakers, if they're smart, are NOT giving up that much to get PG13. lol all they have to do is wait...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on who they sign and health.

If they sign Kyle Lowry and draft Monk or Jackson....and you get healthy years out of Simmins and Embiid it could be a very interesting year.

people are underestimating the Sixers a little bit - they have to remember all the flexibility this team has salary cap wise- and they will still have a lotto pick from the Lakers next year as well- as well as their own pick- which they could either keep- or - make deals with.

I completely agree. They have great cap flexibility. The team's record was poor last year but they were competitive. They need McConnell to go back to the bench and get a legitimate top flight PG. Lowry is a good fit for that role, IMO. Of course it is far from certain that Lowry comes to Philly and there are downsides to signing him.

But if they can get 65-70 games out of Embiid and Simmons stays more or less healthy, then I would think 40 games is a very realistic target. 45+ if they get Lowry.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. They have great cap flexibility. The team's record was poor last year but they were competitive. They need McConnell to go back to the bench and get a legitimate top flight PG. Lowry is a good fit for that role, IMO. Of course it is far from certain that Lowry comes to Philly and there are downsides to signing him.

But if they can get 65-70 games out of Embiid and Simmons stays more or less healthy, then I would think 40 games is a very realistic target. 45+ if they get Lowry.
i mean at hte beginning of the year Saric didnt get on the court that much- the injuries in the 2nd half really gave him a ton of PT and let him get some experience that he badly needed.

I think Saric is a great fit for today's NBA. Embiid is a great fit for todays NBA- honestly- if Embiid is healthy he is freaking scary- the guy is a GREAT outside shooter and a GREAT rim protector and a GREAT rebounder....he honestly has the rarest skill set in the just about the whole league outside of like LBJ and RW and Draymond to be honest with you.

Simmons will be interesting to watch as well- he was a top notch prospect and would go #1 this year if he was in this years draft. The only problem is- i think both him and Saric are both ideally 4's.

Sixers need to work on the back court and the 3 in the draft and free agency- and i think they will....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be completely honest with you, I don't know shit about Ball or Fultz. I had very little faith in the Lakers keeping the pick from the start of the season so I never even bothered paying attention to the top draft prospects.

That being said, I better start doing my homework.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this morning the Celtics also have the Nets pick next season

Thats crazy

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean at hte beginning of the year Saric didnt get on the court that much- the injuries in the 2nd half really gave him a ton of PT and let him get some experience that he badly needed.

I think Saric is a great fit for today's NBA. Embiid is a great fit for todays NBA- honestly- if Embiid is healthy he is freaking scary- the guy is a GREAT outside shooter and a GREAT rim protector and a GREAT rebounder....he honestly has the rarest skill set in the just about the whole league outside of like LBJ and RW and Draymond to be honest with you.

Simmons will be interesting to watch as well- he was a top notch prospect and would go #1 this year if he was in this years draft. The only problem is- i think both him and Saric are both ideally 4's.

Sixers need to work on the back court and the 3 in the draft and free agency- and i think they will....

I think the Sixers see Simmon has a guy who can swing from point to the 4 based on situation. The question ultimately revolved around who he can cover. Given the players that they have, the Sixers look like the sort of team that will play a very different system than just about everyone else.

Ultimately the Sixers live or die on the health of Embiid. He has transcendent talent provided he can stay on the court.

If everything goes right the Sixers COULD be a mid-level playoff team next year. But they could also be a 25 win team again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this morning the Celtics also have the Nets pick next season

Thats crazy

Billy King felt that Isaiah Thomas was getting to much recognition as the worst GM of all time. He wanted to take the title from him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thread and I know their odds were pretty good but how are the conspiracy theories with the NBA's two most storied franchises getting #1 and #2?

The Lakers had a pretty bad record this year and the Nets pick belong to Boston - the former had the worst record in the league. If you're a Suns fan you have a reason to bitch, but other than that there really were no surprises in the draft.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers had a pretty bad record this year and the Nets pick belong to Boston - the former had the worst record in the league. If you're a Suns fan you have a reason to bitch, but other than that there really were no surprises in the draft.

Trust me, the sixers fans have been bitching more than anyone.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy King felt that Isaiah Thomas was getting to much recognition as the worst GM of all time. He wanted to take the title from him.

In defense of Billy, living in NY, it was really the crazy Russian owner that demanded to "Win Now at all costs"

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, the sixers fans have been bitching more than anyone.

Why? They've had a top 3 pick what seems like the last 10 years now. Like a number 1 pick was going to make them contenders.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about ready to admit Ainge did a better job over there than i thought...

Has his team in the ECF, grabbed Isiah Thomas off the scrap heap, hired a fast rising star as HC, and possibly has the #1 overall in the next 2 drafts

I hate all things Boston, but Damn

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has his team in the ECF, grabbed Isiah Thomas off the scrap heap, hired a fast rising star as HC, and possibly has the #1 overall in the next 2 drafts

I hate all things Boston, but Damn
Boston, Bucks,---- and down the line, the Sixers- look to be building very well for the future in the East.