• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Jack Del Rio

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not sure what you see in Petty? I like the kid but not 1st round like the kid. He is a big time project with some major injury concerns. He played in a Baylor system that as we saw with RGIII struggles to transition to the NFL. He would need 2-3 years in my opinion to learn the game and how to actually read defenses. I've actually read that he had to look to the sideline most plays to have his coaching staff tell him what formation the defense was in and what they thought they were going to do. Can't have that in the NFL. He also struggled against zone coverage. Teams will quickly figure that out so again he to me is a major project. Now he has a tone of upside as he has a pretty good arm, great leadership, toughness, and just all around pretty decent game. I would be willing to use maybe a late 3rd round pick on him at this point. He will go way before that though with so many quarterback needy teams.

Who you all wanting for the Raiders Idaho? I know I have seen you throw out Cooper and Gurley's names. To me if you want both it is going to take 2 1st round picks to get it done. Gurley is too talented to get out of the 1st especially with some pretty RB needy teams like the Colts, Seahawks (if Beast Mode leaves), Chargers, Lions, possibly Cowboys if they can't resign their guy. So I just see it pretty hard to believe that such a top prospect makes it to you guys in the 2nd.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, when you break QBs down, you never put to much stock in the system he played in.. Heck most NFL teams now days play a spread type O..The 2 teams in the SB are playing college type Os.. RW and his RO and Brady in a PURE spread.. What you look at are 3 things.. Is he smart, accurate, and strong arm.. And from what ive seen Petty covers all 3.. Oh and let's not forget, RG3 was rookie of the year!! The Rat ruined him, by playing him hurt..
This is what we need.. WR, DE, DT.. Some players i like.. Big Cat, Cooper, Parker, White, Vic Beasly, Shane Ray, Perryman.. Gregory, im sort of on the fence with.. Seems like he gets trucked in the run game, but a beast pass rusher.. And don't be shocked if Gurley falls to the top of 2.. ACL could have done that?? Gurley\Gordon best pure RB talent i have seen.. Again FA will change everything!! If we pick up Suh?? No need for Big Cat, Cuz we got Jelly Already.. Same goes for WR!! Get Cobb and Maclin, no need for Cooper.. Etc..

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, when you break QBs down, you never put to much stock in the system he played in.. Heck most NFL teams now days play a spread type O..The 2 teams in the SB are playing college type Os.. RW and his RO and Brady in a PURE spread.. What you look at are 3 things.. Is he smart, accurate, and strong arm.. And from what ive seen Petty covers all 3.. Oh and let's not forget, RG3 was rookie of the year!! The Rat ruined him, by playing him hurt..
This is what we need.. WR, DE, DT.. Some players i like.. Big Cat, Cooper, Parker, White, Vic Beasly, Shane Ray, Perryman.. Gregory, im sort of on the fence with.. Seems like he gets trucked in the run game, but a beast pass rusher.. And don't be shocked if Gurley falls to the top of 2.. ACL could have done that?? Gurley\Gordon best pure RB talent i have seen.. Again FA will change everything!! If we pick up Suh?? No need for Big Cat, Cuz we got Jelly Already.. Same goes for WR!! Get Cobb and Maclin, no need for Cooper.. Etc..

I really don't see the spread so much with NE as I do chess if that makes sense; they'd just as soon run jumbo sets and run it 35 times if that is what the best tactical move with their personnel is. Lot of formations and niches to handle on that team. Really going to be a big help for Seattle that their D is incredibly simple for the most part. Going to be a fascinating SB from a strategic perspective in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Moose, they just started to run the ball this year, and it has really helped Brady.. But the bread and butter of that team is spread football.. Seattle plays AL Davis D!! Simple but SHUT DOWN.. Big Corners, Ball hawking, hard hitting Safety's, Beast DL pass rush!! AL Davis DEFENSE..
Great SB match up.. I got Seattle.. Who you got??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, the more i read about this Musgrave cat the more i like the hire!! He will be good for the Raiders!! And Carr.. No he is not the sexy pick, but the sexy pick is not always the right call either!!
Let's see what he wants to run..

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman hired by Ravens. Curious to know if it was just dollars the raiders wouldn't pay or he didn't sant job or if in a strange world musgrave was wanted over trestman

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Musgrave said he is going to install some Chip ball in Oakland eh?? Man that is so sweet!!
Now, no need to trip, Musgrave and Tice will develop that Power RUN to keep the RUN heavy fans happy as well.. We got this baby..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just upgraded the SPT coaching too. Not earth shattering, but not trivial either. :clap:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I put stock into the system they played in because the transition to the NFL is that much harder if they played in a very simplified system like that of Baylor. If you watch much Baylor football you would realize they play a 1-read spread system. So essentially he has his primary target that he almost always goes to even when covered. If he has to move onto his secondary targets then he is screwed. So then you want a kid who struggles if his primary target is covered to then come into the NFL and be successful early on? It just won't happen.

Also those teams in the Super Bowl do not play a true spread offense. Seattle does play some zone-read with Wilson because of his athleticism but that is maybe 5-7 plays a game. The Patriots can play some spread-offense but honestly they very much prefer to be in big formations and just power it down teams throats. Throw in all of these guys are being asked to play from under Center which Petty has yet to do in his career. Heck he even talked about that at the Senior Bowl Week yesterday in it is a real struggle for him to have to play from under Center.

Finally RGIII was rookie of the year more because of his legs getting him open and teams still trying to figure out this zone read offenses that some of these new quarterbacks were coming in with. Now that teams have figured it out guys like RGIII and Kaepernick have no adjusted as much as they needed to continue to have success. Petty also isn't the runner that RGIII is so he has to rely on his arm to have success.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind the Broncos drafting Petty but it better not be with the 1st round pick. He is a guy that is 2-3 years away from being able to start in the NFL in my opinion. Unfortunately what most likely happens is some team will draft him and ask him to step in way before he is ready and he will fall flat on his face.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, that is why LB play is key for Seattle.. Stuff the run and force the Pats to what they do best.. Besides cheating.. College style dink and dunk spread football, but that would play right into the hands of what that Seattle D does best, stuff the pass..
cd, when we drafted Carr, alot of fans were saying what you are saying right now about Petty.. College Spread QB he will sit for a few years etc..1 year later in a draft redo, Carr would be the 1 player off the board in the Deepest draft in like forever.. The NFL is now a mix between College and Pro ball.. Heck Chip Kelly wants to trade up for Marriota!! The days of Pro Style QBS in college are about over.. When you break down QBs you look at 3 things.. Smart, Accurate, Strong arm.. Hey Carr was a spread QB!! Good thing for us eh?? That means alot of other teams were wrong..
AGAIN, i could be wrong, and at times i am.. But if i was targeting QB?? Petty would be the guy..
Remember im just a fan, not some GM or scout, so my job is not on the line..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya RaiderZar, Seely is considered one of the BEST ST coaches in football.. And not just by fans either..
Great hire!! Remember it was ST why Seattle in now in the SB.. Very Very good hire.. JDR getting it done.. Suddenly the Raiders are getting one of the better coaching staffs in football IMO..
Oh this is sort of crazy.. Coach Flip now the OC with the Browns!! Great hire for them, and Olson the OC for the Jags!! They got those Gigs by how they helped in developing Carr.. Good for them..
Suddenly we need a QB coach!! Good thing Musgrave said he will get Carr one..
Its just crazy that the Raiders had not 1 but 2 OCs come off their staff..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt RaiderZar.. Mack was the best Rookie D player this year, and it wasn't even close.. Heck everybody on TV was raving about him all year, with really no help!!
Same goes for Carr!! In all draft redo's he is the first pick.. Ranks top 10 in ALL rookie records in NFL history!! Again with NO HELP!! Everybody says is the best player from the draft.. And he is the most important player on the field, QB!! But NO!! These Tool Bags will give those awards to players from back East!! That were on much better teams!! For once, i just wish those TOOL BAGS would do that right thing!! Get OVER the HATE!! And put Tim Brown in the HOF for crying out loud!! My Goodness..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cris Carter

Last edited by a moderator:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Del Rio reels in some more coaches.. Downing QB coach for Carr, and Sunseri from FSU for the DL..
We are going to be coached up!! Snagging some coaching talent from FSU!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Tom Brady comes out and Lies to the American people eh?? That's a NO NO!!
What the NFL NEEDS to do is, Pete Rose BeliCHEAT and Brady!! Get rid of those FOOLS!! They are ruining the game!! I think Congress needs to speak up on this, maybe even President Obama lol.. This is a BIG story and the Media wants blood!!
I love it!! The Refs will be next.. Again, sooner or later they ALL get busted!! History proves it..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Del Rio is thinking about getting some college DC eh?? I would be alright with a move like that!!
As the Pro game changes into a wide open mix between Pro and College ball.. Why not get a DC that is up to speed on how to stop those kind of Os?? Heck JDR could be a trend setter, ahead of the game for a better word!! Im good with a move like that.. If that's the way we go??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then for the price that Suh would command, you might be able to get 2 maybe 3 top tier FAs!!
Knighton and JPP would be SWEET!! Maybe draft Ray?? Beast DE!!
Tuck\Ray.. Knighton.. Jelly.. JPP.. DANG!! There's alot of things Raiders could do to make this team VERY good!! Or try to get Cobb, Maclin, draft Cooper!! That could be the Best set of WRs in football!!
How about getting either Gurley or Gordon to add to the 6-3 230 4.3 MURRAY!! When you have the bread and a TOP 4 pick, you can do alot of things.. Coaching is the key.. And so far the Raiders are putting a VERY good staff together.. IMO