• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It starts at QB

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take a Raw Kit Scientist to figure this out. Yes we made our fair share of mistakes today. Yes we had penalties and yes we gave up a couple of huge runs on D that went for TDs.

But we win that game if not for the horrendous play at QB.

At what point does this staff grab a hold of Tommy and say, "alright, bud.......you either do what we want you to do, or you're sitting on the bench." ???

Is it next season??? When we have a real QB who can possibly compete to take his spot....

They have no control over this kid....he just does whatever the fuck he wants. Sometimes I love him for it.........other times I want to smack him. You can see Riley on the sidelines with his head in his hands when Tommy makes a horrid play....but he says nothing to Tommy about it.

I feel like he has no control over the kid, and Tommy thinks he is running this team. Either he must grow up in a real big way, or he must sit his ass on the bench next season and let the True Frosh O'brien have a crack at it. Or someone else. Don't really care. He needs to see consequences for making bad decisions.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, these are mindblowing stats folks......

First Downs: Nebaska - 22, Iowa - 11
Third Down Eff: Nebraska - 7/16, Iowa - 0/9
Total Yards: Nebraska - 433, Iowa - 250
Total Off Plays: Nebraska - 83, Iowa - 44
Time of Possession: Nebraska - 36:06, Iowa - 23:54

How do we lose? How do we possibly lose this game with those statistics????

We lose it on the heels of a QB making really bad decisions. Plain and simple.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TA is the sword. Live or die. You're right. I watched after a pick as Armstrong went to the sidelines and the camera followed. Langsdorf talked to him, listened, TA answered and walked away then you see Langsdorf's face. Looked like he smelled the worst fart ever then the camera cuts away. I would have laughed but it sure wasn't too funny.

I love TA for owning it in the press, but if he's not taking coaching that kind of sucks.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Patrick O'Brien over him. I don't mean to sound cold, but I could also rip into him for his careless decisions today.

I hope POB comes in and shows him what a real QB looks like.

Doesn't throw off his back foot on every single pass like a scared little pussy.

Has real touch on the ball, instead of just having one speed: THROW IT HARD AS POSSIBLE

That's all tommy has and that's all he does. That's why 3 of 4 of his interceptions today happened. He has no touch. He panics. He's got a very above average receiving corps who makes him look better than he is, and if he couldn't run like he can (which is also mildly above average), he would be the worst starting QB in the history of Nebraska. He'd be Sam Keller.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langsdorf has to be so frustrated. I guarantee he's tried to coach Tommy's horrible mechanics out of him and he probably does in practice, but once it's game time he just reverts back.

If coach Langs and coach Riley can't turn you into a decent passer, you suck dick at QB. You have no future in the NFL. You're a scrub.

So yeah.. Tommy will be remembered for all his stats, but he's a fucking scrub who isn't worth shit.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got tired of yelling WTF Tommie at the TV on the first pick - wheel route - I got up told the wife watch whatever she wanted and went to bed but watched the game there and kept trying to figure out what I was watching until half time and Mark May said derpa derp LSU/Nebraska then figured I put too much deep thought into Tommie then proceeded to watch quietly until the 4 & 1 bomb fail and then shut off the TV.

I just wish the Huskers could have run on Iowa like I did that sentence!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL has been searching for a juco qb but the ones I've seen don't appear to be much better than what we've got now. No amount of extra practice is going to help the pick master, there's zero accountability as the closest back up is the guy handing out towels. POB should probably RS but I don't think we can afford another year of TA

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POB is our future at this point. Until he is starting we have nothing. He seems to be a natural in the pocket and hopefully that translates over immediately because he has to start. If TA starts next September then we are in for a repeat of this year and I hope Riley is smart enough to know he will not survive two years like this.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you. thanks for a thread that doesn't blame the coaches. TA threw the 4 INTs, as much as i want to think this is something we can fix quickly, it really does come to QB decision making.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright here are the INTs. I skipped #2, the pick 6. that was the right throw and a good play by the DE. TA probably should have recognized that DE was too deep and could possibly intercept the pass but i don't think that one was a bad decision so much.

Here is #1:
EfoPt8d.gif
just dumb. first look at the footwork. he wasn't under tremendous stress could you have gotten properly setup, but didn't. Then as you can see he leaves it short, way short the result of that poor footwork. on top of that, even if he put it out where he should have, you see the Safety come running into the screen at the end so Jano would have gotten lit up or maybe even that guy makes the INT.

if TA can't make a better decision on this play, i really don't see the hope of him ever making good decisions. i don't care if "it always works in practice" or DL says to throw it or whatever the excuse, that ball needs to go to someone else or thrown in the cheap seats.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's #3, i took out both the original play and the overhead shot they gave in a replay

lcxLbjo.gif

fdxe5QG.gif

here, is the thing i think is correct: the point of a 7 step drop is to throw it when you hit the 7th step. instead TA holds the ball a couple of extra beats and then lobs it up into the wind and it gives the DB the chance to make the play. it's most evident in the overhead shot. that ball should come out earlier and be on a rope to like the 15yd line since our WR had inside position. I wish i could time up the two to see exactly, but the crossing route is also wide open at the 30yd line if the ball comes out at the right time.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6O62KLI.gif
no clue what he's doing here. no pressure, soft zone coverage, typical LB faking a blitz and dropping into coverage and he just throws it right to him. this is the situation where he actually needed to take that extra beat or two and let a receiver find the hole in the zone and instead you get an INT.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should i also mention it pretty much looks like in both 3 and 4 he's staring down the one guy the whole time?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, i'm done for now, probably should play with the kids. i have a few more gifs i am working on, but they aren't done/uploaded.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Armstrong has proven that he is not the QB for this system.

For me, at best, Tommy Armstrong is 2nd string in 2016. I say give the keys to Patrick O'Brien and get trial by fire training.

Since the coaches treated 2015 as a throw away year, might as well treat 2016 as a throw away year and hope for the best. Maybe O'Brien can go through the reads and make a proper read.

I know everyone talks about the 4th and 1, but what about the 2nd and 3(pass incomplete), then 3rd and 3(pass incomplete), and then 4th and 3(pass incomplete). Langsdorf did nothing to put the team in a position to win. Unfortunately, Tommy Armstrong(and the other Nebraska QBs) bear much of the blame.

Interception after interception after interception after interception, and yet they keep throwing.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Armstrong has proven that he is not the QB for this system.

For me, at best, Tommy Armstrong is 2nd string in 2016. I say give the keys to Patrick O'Brien and get trial by fire training.

Since the coaches treated 2015 as a throw away year, might as well treat 2016 as a throw away year and hope for the best. Maybe O'Brien can go through the reads and make a proper read.

I know everyone talks about the 4th and 1, but what about the 2nd and 3(pass incomplete), then 3rd and 3(pass incomplete), and then 4th and 3(pass incomplete). Langsdorf did nothing to put the team in a position to win. Unfortunately, Tommy Armstrong(and the other Nebraska QBs) bear much of the blame.

Interception after interception after interception after interception, and yet they keep throwing.

I agree. I just don't think the staff will take a 5-year Senior with all those starts under his belt and bench him for a baby faced teenager.

I wish they would, just don't see it happening.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Patrick O'Brien over him. I don't mean to sound cold, but I could also rip into him for his careless decisions today.

I hope POB comes in and shows him what a real QB looks like.

Doesn't throw off his back foot on every single pass like a scared little pussy.

Has real touch on the ball, instead of just having one speed: THROW IT HARD AS POSSIBLE

That's all tommy has and that's all he does. That's why 3 of 4 of his interceptions today happened. He has no touch. He panics. He's got a very above average receiving corps who makes him look better than he is, and if he couldn't run like he can (which is also mildly above average), he would be the worst starting QB in the history of Nebraska. He'd be Sam Keller.
this is what I was a thinkin yesturday

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POB ain't gonna do shit as a FR, SO, JR, or SR with a team that is poorly coached in fundamentals, discipline, and Special Teams. Only elite coaches put all the pieces together, give the team something they can execute, and put them in position to win.

This coaching staff needs to get better. That they've been in the biz for so long tells me that's not likely to happen.

Sorry to break your hearts.