• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Rutgers -- 2:30 CST on BTN

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey guys. I traveled all day yesterday and only saw some highlights and read a little hear and there. not going to be around much this week either.

good win. the team needed to come out and show they could play good against an inferior team. the pass rush wasn't real, because Rutgers has a worse o-line than ours. it's not going to be that easy rowing against the Iowa o-line. TA still throwing INTs, I didn't see them so can't comment if they were dumb throws or not, but if I were to guess they were bad throws.

anyway, hopefully the bye week lets some kids get healed up, get them learning some and can come up with some good stuff for Iowa. I like our chances of winning, but I watched quite a bit of Iowa vs Minn and they are a legit team, good secondary. good QB who is mobile and doesn't make boneheaded plays. I think their d-line was a little suspect without Ott, so hopefully we can get some yards on the ground.

have a good week guys.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that Gerry is playing way better then he did in the first six games.

How did the previous staff's defense look against teams that were 3-6? I will take a wild guess, but probably pretty good.

Nebraska has to ruin the Iowa season. That would be the best Thanksgiving.
after I said that Gerry was being lazy he started to play ---like a real saftey
go figure that un out

LOL!!!

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we won and I stayed off this board ~ two weeks in a row ~ I see a pattern developing! GBR.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen Davey in very often and don't recall hearing Jones all season. The secondary play is getting better, even if it has been shit all season. The only people left starting in the secondary are Gerry and Kalu I think. I don't think Kalu even started against BYU either.

The coaching staff is starting to get a better hold of what this team can do. We're passing less and are having more success through the air now that we run the ball more often. The play calling is significantly better and players are just making the plays they weren't making at the beginning of the season.

Very true, and the key to winning against Iowa is if TA can get it through his head that he doesn't need to throw up for grabs passes. If he can avoid those, Nebraska has a great chance to win.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, and the key to winning against Iowa is if TA can get it through his head that he doesn't need to throw up for grabs passes. If he can avoid those, Nebraska has a great chance to win.

I doubt he'll be able to get it through his head though.......because...........well....................you know

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zorbie ya brauchen mehr Zink in ihrer Ernährung gute Sir
und auch love ya guter Mann --Stick mit der Kupplung und Festplatte

I agree, RA is a nimrod of the worst degree.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think TA needs to stop throwing up for grabs passes?

Hell yes he needs to quit doing that. What he needs to do is quit thinking he's Kordell Stewart and can make a 65 yard pass running opposite his throwing arm.

Now, that throw he made to Moore was great. He was running in the direction of his throwing arm, and Moore had his guy completely beat. It was a great throw, and probably only Barrett and Tommy can make that throw in this Conference.

The kid has a no quit mentality and you can't fault him for that. He wants to win every down of every game and he doesn't know that is not reality. Part of it is coaching, but a bigger part of it might be the fact that he's a Junior. Let's see what next year is like when he is faced with the obvious fact that it's his last year and last chance. He might want to take care of that ball a little more.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope people do realize that it doesn't matter what we bring it next year at QB..............Tommy will start, and he will be our leader.

We won't be putting a true Frosh in there over a 4 year starter. So everyone can put that dream away for now. Tommy will take this team as far as he can next year, and we will learn to like it.