• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Rutgers -- 2:30 CST on BTN

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope people do realize that it doesn't matter what we bring it next year at QB..............Tommy will start, and he will be our leader.

We won't be putting a true Frosh in there over a 4 year starter. So everyone can put that dream away for now. Tommy will take this team as far as he can next year, and we will learn to like it.

I have no problem with this if he can just stop wanting to be the STAR and be a real team player by running or throwing the pass away when receivers are covered, and by not throwing into double and triple coverage. What is frustrating to me is he can be Nebraska's strong link or weakest link at times. He's certainly capable of being the strong link on offense way more often than not.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hell yes he needs to quit doing that. What he needs to do is quit thinking he's Kordell Stewart and can make a 65 yard pass running opposite his throwing arm.

Now, that throw he made to Moore was great. He was running in the direction of his throwing arm, and Moore had his guy completely beat. It was a great throw, and probably only Barrett and Tommy can make that throw in this Conference.

The kid has a no quit mentality and you can't fault him for that. He wants to win every down of every game and he doesn't know that is not reality. Part of it is coaching, but a bigger part of it might be the fact that he's a Junior. Let's see what next year is like when he is faced with the obvious fact that it's his last year and last chance. He might want to take care of that ball a little more.

He certainly has thrown some awesome passes at times.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want to congratulate my Huskers for a game well played. It appears that they are learning to play 60 minutes of football.

And to all the old hens that want ot tell me how bad Tommy Armstrong did I just say puhleez. He didn't sign up for this and considering the circumstances he does an outstanding job.

He did very well except for 3 horrific passes. If he does this against Iowa, that will translate into a loss.