• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Rutgers -- 2:30 CST on BTN

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 sacks and 2 interceptions, way below average.

At the start of the season into midway the secondary was horrendous. Three weeks ago. They (being the secondary) hadn't caught on. But now it looks like they are starting to get it and that they are liking it.
This team that was on the field tonight is not the same team that played BYU.
If only they would have pressured other qb's like they did today, the results of this season would be much different.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 sacks and 2 interceptions, way below average.

At the start of the season into midway the secondary was horrendous. Three weeks ago. They (being the secondary) hadn't caught on. But now it looks like they are starting to get it and that they are liking it.
This team that was on the field tonight is not the same team that played BYU.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen Davey in very often and don't recall hearing Jones all season. The secondary play is getting better, even if it has been shit all season. The only people left starting in the secondary are Gerry and Kalu I think. I don't think Kalu even started against BYU either.

The coaching staff is starting to get a better hold of what this team can do. We're passing less and are having more success through the air now that we run the ball more often. The play calling is significantly better and players are just making the plays they weren't making at the beginning of the season.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the Ds best game. Tommy giveth and taketh. Carter had a hell of a game.
Hippies of the east next. I dont care about records. Iowa was, is and will always be inferior.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen Davey in very often and don't recall hearing Jones all season. The secondary play is getting better, even if it has been shit all season. The only people left starting in the secondary are Gerry and Kalu I think. I don't think Kalu even started against BYU either.

The coaching staff is starting to get a better hold of what this team can do. We're passing less and are having more success through the air now that we run the ball more often. The play calling is significantly better and players are just making the plays they weren't making at the beginning of the season.

First I recall seeing Jones. Had to look him up after he made that great play.

He's a Sophomore who played on special teams last year as a true freshmen.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, pass the Kool-aid please. I'm buying into the staff and team. We're gonna beat Iowa and win our bowl game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass the Kool-aid please. I'm buying into the staff and team. We're gonna beat Iowa and win our bowl game.

Should get a winnable bowl whether they beat Iowa or not.

Huskers are first in line for 5 win teams.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No argument here.
Did you see Gerry. He was lost but it's clicking now.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I'm glad the huskers didn't have a huge let down today after the upset last week.

GO BIG RED

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I recall seeing Jones. Had to look him up after he made that great play.

He's a Sophomore who played on special teams last year as a true freshmen.

Yea, it's the first I've seen of him. I liked what I saw from him today. Hope this team improves and shows up against Iowa.
No argument here.
Did you see Gerry. He was lost but it's clicking now.

Yea the secondary doesn't seem to be so lost anymore. Especially with Davey out of the lineup.

Last edited:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that Gerry is playing way better then he did in the first six games.

How did the previous staff's defense look against teams that were 3-6? I will take a wild guess, but probably pretty good.

Nebraska has to ruin the Iowa season. That would be the best Thanksgiving.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bo's led 24-10 heading into the 4th, ended up losing 24-27 after giving up 17 pts and 2 unsportsmanlikes, 1 on bo. Good D tho

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that Gerry is playing way better then he did in the first six games.

How did the previous staff's defense look against teams that were 3-6? I will take a wild guess, but probably pretty good.

Nebraska has to ruin the Iowa season. That would be the best Thanksgiving.

I saw what this team did against a 1-6 team. I'll take the defense against the 3-6 all day long.

I know damn well what type of team Rutgers is. I also know what type of team Purdue is.

And Michigan State

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way exactly. He should of been gone in 2013 after that Iowa game and then we wouldn't be paying the prick today.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 pass attempts.
38 rush attempts.

SLING IT

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
***Nebraska scored 31 points in today's game, marking its fifth straight game with at least 28 points. This is the first time Nebraska has scored 28 or more points in five straight conference games since scoring at least 28 in seven straight Big 12 games in 2008.

~landsdorf sucks

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to hope that Tommy Armstrong's injury heals up before Iowa.

Maybe Langsdorf decided to run because of the lead, but I really wonder how much of that is because Tommy Armstrong was hurt.