• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It starts at QB

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POB ain't gonna do shit as a FR, SO, JR, or SR with a team that is poorly coached in fundamentals, discipline, and Special Teams. Only elite coaches put all the pieces together, give the team something they can execute, and put them in position to win.

This coaching staff needs to get better. That they've been in the biz for so long tells me that's not likely to happen.

Sorry to break your hearts.
I am going to be ignorant as usual with this I have to say ---lets study the name first
Patrick O'Brien
he is Irish
and with that said
good luck always follows them Irish folk
book it

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be ignorant as usual with this I have to say ---lets study the name first
Patrick O'Brien
he is Irish
and with that said
good luck always follows them Irish folk
book it

If we're going to use stereo-types, then they're also drunk all the time and start fights.

Personal Fouls up the ying yang.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going to use stereo-types, then they're also drunk all the time and start fights.

Personal Fouls up the ying yang.
LOL !!! well I didn't think that one out to good now did I

its like me to plorst ignorant statements like this

my background is Germain and Danish
any time I build furniture I have an urge to burn it
I be crazy like that

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL !!! well I didn't think that one out to good now did I

its like me to plorst ignorant statements like this

my background is Germain and Danish
any time I build furniture I have an urge to burn it
I be crazy like that
Well I heard some ladies like to gobble down those German Danish!
I really don't care how, but I do care when these Huskers get better - and it better be next year for my sanity's sake. I would like to see TA return kicks with out his helmet on or something (j/k) and give the Frosh a chance to prove why he is so highly sought after.
It comes down to 3 things:
1). Does TA see the whole field?
2). Does TA make good decisions?
3). Does TA know the whole play book?

Considering those 3 things, TA can be beaten out for his spot next fall..

Or I'm just fooling myself yet again :nod:

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care how, but I do care when these Huskers get better - and it better be next year for my sanity's sake. I would like to see TA return kicks with out his helmet on or something (j/k) and give the Frosh a chance to prove why he is so highly sought after.

TA in my opinion has no vision at all
also you mention "fooling myself again"
I may be wrong ---but I kinda think the whole Husker Nation has been fooling themselves since the firing of Frank Solich

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong ---but I kinda think the whole Husker Nation has been fooling themselves since the firing of Frank Solich
Especially fooling myself with hope for a quarterback. The names Harrison Beck, Joe Dailey, Bubba Starling, Johnny Stanton are just a few of the busts at QB we have seen leave Lincoln

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After Mr. up for grabs threw his second pick, Fyfe should have been given a series or two. I know he isn't as mobile as Mr. up for grabs is, but he throws the short to mid range passes better than Mr. up for grabs does.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't care if POB is a Frosh or not, but they better get him ready to play by the Oregon game next year. On the other hand, we'll still have Fyfe unless he transfers, which I don't blame him if he does. If Shithorst had hired a good coach, Nebraska would have been a top 25 team for sure.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bill Bryne wanted to hire outside of the program and one of the guys he was looking at was Bob Stoops! Stoops said later that he would have accepted an offer from Nebraska! We can only speculate what his records would have been at Nebraska, but I'm pretty sure Nebraska's bowl string would still be intact if we had gotten Stoops. I don't know if he would have won any national titles at Nebraska, but I believe he's won ten conference titles at OU, in addition to his one national title there. This tells me that he would have had some very good success compared to the the west coast garbage that we've had to endure. From what I've seen this year, OU looks like the best team in the country presently.

I will add that Solich would have been better than the west coast garbage hires we have seen here, but I just don't know if he could have kept the bowl string alive.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we get a bowl bid, I would bench TA because he doesn't deserve to play in the damn thing.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50-50 staff and Tommy
Tommy not built for this offense plain and simple

The staff needed to do what hoke did with denard and run spread till he graduated

We can break mechanics and etc it won't change the fact that can't run this style of offense we lost bc of the turnover battle

Staff needs to sit down and seriously weigh their options Tommy bipolar qb ways are annoying

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially fooling myself with hope for a quarterback. The names Harrison Beck, Joe Dailey, Bubba Starling, Johnny Stanton are just a few of the busts at QB we have seen leave Lincoln
Dailey was not a very good QB period. Beck was a nutcase. Starling was never coming here. Stanton had the esteemed Joe Ganz as his QB coach. None of those situations are at all comparable. If there is one thing this staff can do, it is find and develop QBs. Will POB be the next coming of Peyton Manning? Probably not. But the odds are good he will turn into a serviceable QB, which is what we desperately need right now.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dailey was not a very good QB period. Beck was a nutcase. Starling was never coming here. Stanton had the esteemed Joe Ganz as his QB coach. None of those situations are at all comparable. If there is one thing this staff can do, it is find and develop QBs. Will POB be the next coming of Peyton Manning? Probably not. But the odds are good he will turn into a serviceable QB, which is what we desperately need right now.

Actually Fyfe would be a serviceable QB if they don't have him throw 50 passes in a damn game. Right now I think our defense is playing well enough to keep Nebraska in games, in addition to calling low risk running plays, plus limiting the pass plays to 20 to 25 tops. Oklahoma's QB is 50 times better than TA is, and he passed 25 times against Okie State last night. We have good enough runners, Cross, Newby, and Ozigbo to have gotten us about 200 yds against Iowa. The only reason why Ozigbo hasn't been playing is because he doesn't pass protect very well... A little bird told me this. Against Illinois he had 7 carries for 70 yds, and then they just pretty much forget about him. I wouldn't blame him if he transferred because of that bullshit.

How many games have to be gifted away by this coaching staff to get them fired? If they keep doing the same crap next year, it won't matter how good POB is if he ends up being ready to play next year at some point. To be honest with you, I hope they can get their shit together and be successful, and by the time WC is ready to retire, hopefully we'll have a new AD to get the right hire then for Nebraska.

One more thing, there were quite a few posters here that said Fyfe wasn't as mobile as TA is, so he would get eaten alive by defenses. Is POB any more mobile than TA is? Something to ponder.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we will see. If the coaches are that good with QBs then some good ones will come and stay, yes stay unlike Bronson Marsh, Brion Carnes, Cody Green, Patrick Witt. Add that to the QBs already mentioned and that is quite a list. That's why my point is that news of the next big thing at QB should be met with healthy skepticism. But you missed that point completely and gave reasons why each player left.
:suds:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we will see. If the coaches are that good with QBs then some good ones will come and stay, yes stay unlike Bronson Marsh, Brion Carnes, Cody Green, Patrick Witt. Add that to the QBs already mentioned and that is quite a list. That's why my point is that news of the next big thing at QB should be met with healthy skepticism. But you missed that point completely and gave reasons why each player left.
:suds:
Did you skip over the last half of my post? MY point was that saying a bunch of guys that have not panned out in the past is an indication that every QB we will get from here on out will not pan out is a bit absurd, especially given that we actually have a reputable QB coach, not some grad assistant who was very average while in college.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
50-50 staff and Tommy
Tommy not built for this offense plain and simple

The staff needed to do what hoke did with denard and run spread till he graduated

We can break mechanics and etc it won't change the fact that can't run this style of offense we lost bc of the turnover battle

Staff needs to sit down and seriously weigh their options Tommy bipolar qb ways are annoying

Riley compares to Callahan by being so stubborn with his west coast bullshit, that he just doesn't give a shit how many games are lost by allowing a QB to pass 50 times that doesn't have the ability to do so. Oklahoma's QB threw 25 passes for 180 yds last night and they scored 58 points with over 300 yds rushing! Now THAT'S an offense!!!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God can you say anything else? What you seem to forget is Callahan had developed a respectable offense. The defense sucked. If we could have Callahan's offense with this defense then we will be alright. His west coast bullshit and some Banker's stout up front defense sounds like a pretty good combination to me.
We just need to get the right player's in place on both sides. And if you are so fond of Oklahoma's quarterback and their play calling maybe you are on the wrong board.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
God can you say anything else? What you seem to forget is Callahan had developed a respectable offense. The defense sucked. If we could have Callahan's offense with this defense then we will be alright. His west coast bullshit and some Banker's stout up front defense sounds like a pretty good combination to me.
We just need to get the right player's in place on both sides. And if you are so fond of Oklahoma's quarterback and their play calling maybe you are on the wrong board.

That's predictable. I compliment another team's QB, and then I'm told I should be an Oklahoma fan. That says a lot about Riley's crappy offense when you say Callahan's offenses were better.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's because you watch other teams for one reason. To critique what is wrong with Nebraska.

As for the last sentence that doesn't even make sense. I never said Callahan's offense's were better. I am not going to be put in the position of defending Callahan because you can not comprehend what you have read. If you have to compare Riley's offense to Callahan's go back and look at what Callahan has done on the offensive side of the ball. I will say no more than that. If you can't comprehend it I'm not going to spoon feed you.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt AJ Bush nipping at the heels of Tommy all off season? where the hell has he been?