• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It may not be in 2017, but...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron James is probably one of the 5 best players of all time. And when his career is done, he may wind up being the best player of all time.

IMO the GOAT has passed by. But he can he definitely surpass Kareem and Magic with a few more titles.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the GOAT has passed by. But he can he definitely surpass Kareem and Magic with a few more titles.

Why is that? He has the same number of rings as Jordan had at this point in his career. He has 4 MVPs to Jordan's 5. He has 3 NBA Finals MVPs to Jordan's 6. Just beat a team that won 73 games in a season almost single handedly.

He may up going to more NBA finals than any other player in history.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, talk about suspect posts. You are the one who thinks pairing up Kris's Middleton and Brandon Knight would give you the best shot at beating the Warriors. Their chemistry was so awesome with the Bucks they were able to win like 32 games. Let me know how that works out. In case you can't figure it out, Middleton is not the problem in your dream back court there.

I have a little thing called "research" by my side...Knight had averaged 22.7 points and 4.7 assists vs. Golden State this past season, and the Bucks won more than 32 games in 2015 - They made the Playoffs, and had clearly played their best basketball that season before Knight was traded.

Try again.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing:

The Celtics have the assets to assemble a roster that an take down the Cavs THIS year if they go all in. I am not sure they should do that, but they could. Trading for Westbrook and another player is the type of power shift I am talking about that would be necessary to overthrow the Cavs.

Thad Young and Teague ain't it.

Right, we were much better off with Rodney Stuckey and Lavoy Allen in those roles.

Adding playmakers in Teague and Young is certainly not going to impact a team that won 45 games in spite of having a roster infested with role players and spare parts...Not to mention a roster that's making a better effort to build around the second-best player in the East.

Good call.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, we were much better off with Rodney Stuckey and Lavoy Allen in those roles.

Adding playmakers in Teague and Young is certainly not going to impact a team that won 45 games in spite of having a roster infested with role players and spare parts...Not to mention a roster that's making a better effort to build around the second-best player in the East.

Good call.

Right, but I don't see how that catapults you over LeBron. Basically what you're saying is that LeBron will break down within the next couple of years and the East will be so shitty that the Pacers will get to the Finals and lose by default. Then there's always a chance that another superteam gets formed in the East.

It's a reach to call this thread somewhat logical. I'll make a bet with you right now though that the Lakers will make it to another Finals before the Pacers do.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but I don't see how that catapults you over LeBron. Basically what you're saying is that LeBron will break down within the next couple of years and the East will be so shitty that the Pacers will get to the Finals and lose by default. Then there's always a chance that another superteam gets formed in the East.

It's a reach to call this thread somewhat logical. I'll make a bet with you right now though that the Lakers will make it to another Finals before the Pacers do.

Again, thread title clearly states "it may not be in 2017". Sure I'd take that bet...Assuming we're both still around in 2-3 years...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? He has the same number of rings as Jordan had at this point in his career. He has 4 MVPs to Jordan's 5. He has 3 NBA Finals MVPs to Jordan's 6. Just beat a team that won 73 games in a season almost single handedly.

He may up going to more NBA finals than any other player in history.

Jordan won his third title by his 9th season in the NBA, Lebron just won his in his 13th. Jordan spent 3 years in college whereas Lebron started straight out of high school. Personally, I think the debate of Finals record can be flawed. However, 2011 will always be the Finals to me that took him out of the GOAT conversation. Mistakes happen in athletes career, but it's still a blemish. Personally, I always thought Lebron would end up with 3-4 titles from when he started with the Heat.

This is just my opinion though as you're entitled to yours.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's rumblings of Boston trying to trade for Griffin or Westbrook. If they stay long-term, that would certainly catapult the Celtics to the number 2 spot for the foreseeable future.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I generally agree with your point, I would not bet on the Lakers getting back to the finals in the foreseeable future. The West is just too deep. Ingram will need to turn into one of the 2 or 3 best players in basketball for that to happen.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan won his third title by his 9th season in the NBA, Lebron just won his in his 13th. Jordan spent 3 years in college whereas Lebron started straight out of high school. Personally, I think the debate of Finals record can be flawed. However, 2011 will always be the Finals to me that took him out of the GOAT conversation. Mistakes happen in athletes career, but it's still a blemish. Personally, I always thought Lebron would end up with 3-4 titles from when he started with the Heat.

This is just my opinion though as you're entitled to yours.

Well to each his own. James 3 more titles, which is unlikely, then I think you will hear a lot of people saying that he is the GOAT.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's rumblings of Boston trying to trade for Griffin or Westbrook. If they stay long-term, that would certainly catapult the Celtics to the number 2 spot for the foreseeable future.
probably.....

all though

Paul George is the 2nd best player in the EAst....id take him over Griffin- though id prob take RW over George- but thats close.....

Pacers are gonna be solid...its gonna take some time to come together- but they have a team of vets and pro's and its lead by the most important thing a team needs- a true star in his prime...

if i were them id prob try and move montae...i dunno if he is a great fit....and add another wing that can defend and shoot a 3.....

young at PF should be intersting...he will give them much needed offense from the front court that is for sure- his defense is gonna be suspect....Turner is gonna have to keep developing into a big time rim protector

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to each his own. James 3 more titles, which is unlikely, then I think you will hear a lot of people saying that he is the GOAT.
yah its so hard to tell...Jordan did play at an elite level late into his career- but he did take the 3 years off....

that being said- LeBron takes care of his body at a legendary level, knock on wood- has never had a significant injury- and looks positively at the top of his game.

i was stunned to find out that he had BY FAR the most dunks ina single post season this post season at the age of 31....no one that saw him could say that he is even really slowing down at this point.

how do you say a guy is slowing down when he is the first in the history of the league to lead an entire playoff series- EITHER TEAM- in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks?

it should be interesting to see where he ends up...i think Durant is in for a LONG season if he thinks its gonna get easier once the season starts- thats when its really gonna start getting hard-

i dont know if he is going to encounter boo's on the road in the vast majority of arenas- but there wil lbe many that will boo him and the pressure on him to win will be IMMENSE.....i cant wait to see how he reacts to it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by default?

cmon dude....Paul George is amazing....If Ingram turns into Paul George the Lakers would be THRILLED.

Right now I could not see anyone else with an argument for #2 player in the East.

Butler, Kyrie, Wall, Lowry, Derozan, Melo, Drummond, Giannis....all somewhere after those 2 in my opinion...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by default?

cmon dude....Paul George is amazing....If Ingram turns into Paul George the Lakers would be THRILLED.

Right now I could not see anyone else with an argument for #2 player in the East.

Butler, Kyrie, Wall, Lowry, Derozan, Melo, Drummond, Giannis....all somewhere after those 2 in my opinion...

Choice of words. I'm not making less of PG, he's a great player. I say default because I think Indiana can be one of the best teams in the East if LeBron didn't exist. But, he does. Every year we heard the same rhetoric from Indiana fans back when they had Hibbert and that core that they were LeBron killers and it never happened once. Now it's switched to "LeBron's getting older, we'll own the East soon".

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but it doesn't seem like Griffin or Westbrook would elevate that team to a contender. Like you said, #2 spot is where they'll be at. Boston fans would celebrate in the streets of course but they'd never win a chip. It's the reason why Cane only claims the Pacers will make it to the Finals... eventually. Because winning the East is one thing, beating the WC champs is another thing. That's part of what made the Cavs beating the Warriors so incredible (not to mention the first 3-1 deficit overcome in the Finals, beating a 73-win team, etc.). I knew that if LeBron came back from being down 3-1 that it would cement his legacy as an all-time great. Similar to what Kobe did after beating the Celtics in 2010.

Westbrook is at least testing the waters in free agency regardless.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a little thing called "research" by my side...Knight had averaged 22.7 points and 4.7 assists vs. Golden State this past season, and the Bucks won more than 32 games in 2015 - They made the Playoffs, and had clearly played their best basketball that season before Knight was traded.

Try again.

I don't care what the Bucks record was, they were irrelevant.

Knight is not a starting point guard for a good team. His ideal role would be as a 6th man where he can back up both spots and be instant offense. Knight is not even really a point guard.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knight is not a starting point guard for a good team. His ideal role would be as a 6th man where he can back up both spots and be instant offense. Knight is not even really a point guard.

But Mario Chalmers is? Keep in mind I already had LeBron and Wade on my proposed roster, so no real need for a pure PG...But go ahead, take @Shanemansj13 's Ohio State butt-buddy Mike Conley and his pointless 15 points and 6 assists a game - I'll go ahead and take a guy who has proven in the past to have made Steph Curry work on the other end of the court, which Brandon Knight has this season when matched up with him at PG...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Mario Chalmers is? Keep in mind I already had LeBron and Wade on my proposed roster, so no real need for a pure PG...But go ahead, take @Shanemansj13 's Ohio State butt-buddy Mike Conley and his pointless 15 points and 6 assists a game - I'll go ahead and take a guy who has proven in the past to have made Steph Curry work on the other end of the court, which Brandon Knight has this season when matched up with him at PG...

Brandon Knight :laugh3: What a joke. The guy has never been on a winning team and isn't even really a PG

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude Knight is 24.

What was Curry doing at 24? Struggling with ankle injuries and in no way shape or form had he established himself as near an all star....

Knight is 24- his first real chance in Milwaukee he did pretty good- he got dealt to a situation in Phoenix with a crowded back court and a rebuilding team. Now- i certainly do not think Knight is a world-beater- but to act like he couldnt become/is a pretty damn good NBA player is just not right.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Knight :laugh3: What a joke. The guy has never been on a winning team and isn't even really a PG
hes not really a point guard- but then again- a ton of really great players are "not really" pgs in the league...its what it is.

I think Knight needs to work on being a little bit more of a playmaker and less of a shooter- but now they have some more weapons in Phoenix.