• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It may not be in 2017, but...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes not really a point guard- but then again- a ton of really great players are "not really" pgs in the league...its what it is.

I think Knight needs to work on being a little bit more of a playmaker and less of a shooter- but now they have some more weapons in Phoenix.

Well the whole discussion was about Conley or Knight along side Lebron. That is just another "shooter" at the point guard position but Conley while overrated is a better all-around player and has the experience, better bball IQ IMO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Mario Chalmers is? Keep in mind I already had LeBron and Wade on my proposed roster, so no real need for a pure PG...But go ahead, take @Shanemansj13 's Ohio State butt-buddy Mike Conley and his pointless 15 points and 6 assists a game - I'll go ahead and take a guy who has proven in the past to have made Steph Curry work on the other end of the court, which Brandon Knight has this season when matched up with him at PG...

No Chalmers is not a starting PG.

The point is that you were asked to come up with the ideal roster to beat GS, and you put Brandon Knight on it when given unlimited choices. That = fail. You could have had a much better 2 way player.

By the way, Wade and LeBron don't even compliment each other very well when you look at their actual games. Especially not today.

To beat GS with less talent you need ideal synergy. Your compilation of players, IMO, proves that you don't get how pieces fit together. Just because they played on the same team and had success does not mean they were ideal compliments. LeBron is at his best with 4 shooters surrounding him. Wade needs the ball and he can't shoot.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Chalmers is not a starting PG.

The point is that you were asked to come up with the ideal roster to beat GS, and you put Brandon Knight on it when given unlimited choices. That = fail. You could have had a much better 2 way player.

By the way, Wade and LeBron don't even compliment each other very well when you look at their actual games. Especially not today.

To beat GS with less talent you need ideal synergy. Your compilation of players, IMO, proves that you don't get how pieces fit together. Just because they played on the same team and had success does not mean they were ideal compliments. LeBron is at his best with 4 shooters surrounding him. Wade needs the ball and he can't shoot.

4 shooters is a little extreme wouldn't you say? How'd it work for the 2009 Cavs when all they had was LeBron and 4 statues on the court standing around by the three point line? To beat GS, you need multi-dimensions...Knight and Middleton are shooters, James and Wade are slashers/playmakers, and Gobert is a rim protector.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to each his own. James 3 more titles, which is unlikely, then I think you will hear a lot of people saying that he is the GOAT.

3 more titles would only tie him with Kareem.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that old saying where, if it keeps smelling like dog shit wherever you go, it's probably you and not everyone else.

Kind of like how it is with Wiggy, am I right?

Dude might the the most outspoken and knowledgeable poster on this board. If one was posed the question of why they hate him, the only logical answer of reason would be "He's not a Lakers or Heat fan."

@WiggyRuss

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude might the the most outspoken and knowledgeable poster on this board. If one was posed the question of why they hate him, the only logical answer of reason would be "He's not a Lakers or Heat fan."

@WiggyRuss

:kissass:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@WiggyRuss

Wiggy is very knowledgeable, but also as biased as they come. For that reason, people take his Cavs analysis with a grain of salt, and that is more than half of his posts.

Still, I respect his opinion. Can't say the same about yours because you lack foundational knowledge to back it up and lash out at people who disagree.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 shooters is a little extreme wouldn't you say? How'd it work for the 2009 Cavs when all they had was LeBron and 4 statues on the court standing around by the three point line? To beat GS, you need multi-dimensions...Knight and Middleton are shooters, James and Wade are slashers/playmakers, and Gobert is a rim protector.

2009 Cavs were statues. I am not saying you need to surround LeBron with Mo Williams and James Jones, but yes, you need more than 2 shooters. Spending $3 on Wade is a bad choice.

Also, rim protection is not needed against Golden State. A big like Tristan Thompson or Biyombo who can switch in pick and roll and guard the perimeter is much more valuable. If your big man isn't getting buckets, he better be able to guard the 3 point line.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is very knowledgeable, but also as biased as they come. For that reason, people take his Cavs analysis with a grain of salt, and that is more than half of his posts.

Still, I respect his opinion. Can't say the same about yours because you lack foundational knowledge to back it up and lash out at people who disagree.

Analyze me as a poster next, Tlance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analyze me as a poster next, Tlance.

LOL. You are good by me!

Seriously though, just about everybody on these boards is reasonably knowledgeable. There are just a couple who tend to talk out of their hind quarters often.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what is your definition of "foundational knowledge"? Would that be the people that agree with the infinite wisdom of @tlance ???

I guess my research of Brandon Knight's recent numbers against GS don't qualify...The way I see it, you need somewhat of a scorer at PG to make Steph Curry work on defense (see Kyrie Irving in the Finals). Mike Conley just isn't enough of a threat in that regard...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your definition of "foundational knowledge"? Would that be the people that agree with the infinite wisdom of @tlance ???

I guess my research of Brandon Knight's recent numbers against GS don't qualify...The way I see it, you need somewhat of a scorer at PG to make Steph Curry work on defense (see Kyrie Irving in the Finals). Mike Conley just isn't enough of a threat in that regard...

Coming from the guy who recommended Norris Cole as the starting 2-guard for the Cavs. And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't about stats. It is understanding how the game works and way certain players compliment each other better than others. If Brandon Knight is making Steph work, then it means LeBron and Wade are playing off the ball. That is a huge win for the defense, because both are best with the ball in their hands.

If you want to talk about lacking foundational knowledge, look no further than your suggestion for the Cavs to let Smith walk and sign Norris Cole.

There are 3 support players absolutely critical to Cleveland's success:

Irving, Smith and Thompson

IMO, Smith's contributions are as important as Irving's. He plays great defense on shooters and he spaces the floor for Kyrie and LeBron. You can't replace him with just anybody and expect similar results for the team.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the Cavs won didn't they? Say what you want about him being biased, but he's been right on just about all his predictions in the last year.

You see @Heatles84 , I could have taken you ridiculous bet on Wade back in May and had won it, but it wouldn't have meant anything as you hold little to no meaning in my life. I got much better things to do than to watch you, Turnup, and CL67 talk to yourselves and give each other blow jobs...day after day...night after night...year after year...You guys don't know your asses from a hole in the ground.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from the guy who recommended Norris Cole as the starting 2-guard for the Cavs. And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.

I never said anything about Cole starting...Just saying he's viable to take Smith's roster spot if he becomes too greedy...The Cavs could start Dunleavy or Shumpert for all I give a shit.

But hey, I love how you guys had continuously brought topics from other threads onto this one. You guys must really like me...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, rim protection is not needed against Golden State.

Well, it couldn't hurt could it? So basically, your recipe for beating Golden State is to beat them at their own game? Great plan einstein...

Th Thunder had plenty of rim protection, the only reason the Thunder lost to them was because they didn't have any other play-makers/ball-handlers besides Durant and Westbrook.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is also a physical freak of nature. He's closer to Karl Malone when it comes to his frame. Karl won an MVP at age 36.

Lebron could of course break down at any time. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Big difference is that Karl Malone never had to exert so much energy as a team's primary ball-handler...He didn't average four assists per game until his age 30 season...