• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It may not be in 2017, but...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is turning 35 and still going pretty strong, lebron is not even 32 yet and much more of a physical specimen

Not to mention lebron was career low mpg last year...

And why do you suppose he had a career low MPG last year???

*Dr. Age*

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what I mean, @Shaqdaddy11 ...Propaganda!!!:suds:

You keep using that word propaganda. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You seem to be a garden variety homer that is rationalizing how the best player in basketball, and one of the top 5 of all time, is going to fall apart at age 33. Jordan won a championship and MVP at 35.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep using that word propaganda. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You seem to be a garden variety homer that is rationalizing how the best player in basketball, and one of the top 5 of all time, is going to fall apart at age 33. Jordan won a championship and MVP at 35.

I'd say there's a reason Jordan is the greatest ever, don't you?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is turning 35 and still going pretty strong, lebron is not even 32 yet and much more of a physical specimen

Not to mention lebron was career low mpg last year...

And Wade is a player that has battled injuries for much of his career and consistently takes a bigger beating.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure. And Lebron may wind up being considered better by the time his career is over.

You may wind up being right and James breaks down next year and never gets back to MVP levels. But I wouldn't bet the house that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*Dr. Age*

Bc he is trying to make career last as long as it can. The thing about Lebron is it only takes one offseason and he could transform his game to mainly on the post. He wouldn't need to do that for another 3-4 years bc he is in such great shape. He doesn't need the quickness, which he still has, he can rely on strength and his amazing basketball I.Q. If you think "father time" is coming soon you are very mistaken my friend. Pacers will be competitive but the year they got the 1 seed, HC advantage and were the favs in the East they still couldn't get past Lebron. Lebron has a guy named Kyrie too who is not bad. The Pacers need another star with PG on that team to beat the Cavs IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, MJ didn't play much in high school and part of his college days. When he did get in the league he was pretty fresh then he took one year off to play baseball. Lebron has taken a beating since his early H.S. days and is still going strong. It is amazing the longevity he has, hopefully it keeps up bc he is still the top player in this league.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss You the man but now that you guys got your title we're coming for you...

Hopefully it could remain a friendly rivalry.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*Dr. Age*
either "Dr. Age" or perhaps, Uncle Drew?

@HurricaneDij39 i like what your Pacers did- the problem in my view is Kyrie. Hes a top 5 guy in the East and allows LeBron to do all the things that he can do to win games while Kyrie takes a big help of the scoring.

does Thad Young guard Love on the perimeter? or does Myles Turner?......

TT is an EXCELLENT matchup vs. Young...can choke him out offensively and beat his ass on the glass....

think the Pacers have really made some nice moves and can probably get the 2 seed in the East...but....beating Bron and KI is gonna be tough.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Miles off the bench is a really nice bench player though in todays league ...perimeter guy...etc.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Miles off the bench is a really nice bench player though in todays league ...perimeter guy...etc.

Three-point shooting could be an issue for us, though...Teague has improved over the years, but Miles is the only one with the track record.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one factor that I think many of you guys are missing.

As currently assembled, the Warriors and Cavs are highly likely to meet in the Finals for the next 3 years, at least. However, if Silver and the owners decide to lock out the players and work to change the cap rules to prevent super team formation, one or both of these teams could be forced to break up.

Aside from that, it will be Warriors and Cavs again. Probably more than once.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As currently assembled, the Warriors and Cavs are highly likely to meet in the Finals for the next 3 years, at least. However, if Silver and the owners decide to lock out the players and work to change the cap rules to prevent super team formation, one or both of these teams could be forced to break up.

Cavs cap flexibility isnt bad...

remember- they have kyrie irving on the books for less than what is getting paid turner, bazemore, fournier etc......

Love does have a big cap number at like 20-22 million- but thats not ridiculous....

other than that- the only other really really important core guy is thompson, and at 16 hes not breaking the bank....

lebron and curry are obviously the ones who will have humongous salaries starting next summer.....GSW is gonna have to pay some major major tax if they end up keeping durant for any length of time after Currys extension gets done.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc he is trying to make career last as long as it can. The thing about Lebron is it only takes one offseason and he could transform his game to mainly on the post. He wouldn't need to do that for another 3-4 years bc he is in such great shape. He doesn't need the quickness, which he still has, he can rely on strength and his amazing basketball I.Q. If you think "father time" is coming soon you are very mistaken my friend. Pacers will be competitive but the year they got the 1 seed, HC advantage and were the favs in the East they still couldn't get past Lebron. Lebron has a guy named Kyrie too who is not bad. The Pacers need another star with PG on that team to beat the Cavs IMO.

I have to disagree. Lebron's already pretty effective in the post. When his speed and athleticism start to get away from him, he can certainly start going down in the post more. There's a caveat there as well given that your strength won't be the same, just like your speed. And at this point, this takes away from what makes Lebron such a great player - the fact he's 260 lbs. and can move the way he does.

I also think the notion of this thread is a complete waste (shocker). Dij is merely hoping that Lebron will completely fall apart next season. I've been of the belief that Lebron has another 2-3 years of being absolutely elite given the mileage he has on his body. Sure, Pacers have a good team now, but as we've seen with free agency, you have no idea what the NBA will look like in 2-3 years. There could be another super team or two in the East that the Pacers would have to contend with.

Oh, and he was talking shit about how the Pacers would eventually top Miami's big 3. We saw how that worked out.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To enforce an absolute hard cap would be a hard sell to the Players union. As long as the NBA's making money, I'd have to imagine a lock out is the last thing that anyone wants.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, let's just not play the games...:L

Sports don't work work that way, dude. Who would have predicted Warriors back-to-back finals appearances two years ago at this time???

Don't conduct yourself like you know what you're talking about when some of your posts are suspect.

Waiting for the next punchline from @Heatles84 :suds:...The fact is that LeBron is not Jordan. He's not going to lead the Cavs to the Finals every year until he retires...Anyone who claims otherwise is spewing "propaganda"...Yes @flyerhawk I know what the word means...Maybe some of you need to look it up in the dictionary...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think the notion of this thread is a complete waste (shocker). Dij is merely hoping that Lebron will completely fall apart next season. I've been of the belief that Lebron has another 2-3 years of being absolutely elite given the mileage he has on his body. Sure, Pacers have a good team now, but as we've seen with free agency, you have no idea what the NBA will look like in 2-3 years. There could be another super team or two in the East that the Pacers would have to contend with.

Oh, and he was talking shit about how the Pacers would eventually top Miami's big 3. We saw how that worked out.

Find me a post where I have indicated that...Clearly the OP reads that our best hope is if we expose the defensive shortcomings of Irving and Love...

You can't?...Good talk then.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan also didn't come into the league at 18, didn't play on the US team as much, and missed a year and a half playing baseball. The toil on Lebron's body is much worse.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, let's just not play the games...:L

Sports don't work work that way, dude. Who would have predicted Warriors back-to-back finals appearances two years ago at this time???

Don't conduct yourself like you know what you're talking about when some of your posts are suspect.

Waiting for the next punchline from @Heatles84 :suds:...The fact is that LeBron is not Jordan. He's not going to lead the Cavs to the Finals every year until he retires...Anyone who claims otherwise is spewing "propaganda"...Yes @flyerhawk I know what the word means...Maybe some of you need to look it up in the dictionary...

The nba is so predictable though. The best team almost always wins or atleast one of the top 2 to 3 anyway