• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It may not be in 2017, but...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers should be better next year. In the NBA anything is possible.

While anything is technically possible, the only way we won't have a Cavs-Warriors final next year is if there are some major injuries to one or both of those teams.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While anything is technically possible, the only way we won't have a Cavs-Warriors final next year is if there are some major injuries to one or both of those teams.

Idiot, see the original post...It clearly reads it may "not" be 2017...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That frightens you to death, doesn't it?

Kind of like how Melo, Love and Aldridge were all supposed to come to L.A. at one point?:clap:

In the meantime, enjoy Luol Deng in his mid-thirties at $18 million per...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like how Melo, Love and Aldridge were all supposed to come to L.A. at one point?:clap:

In the meantime, enjoy Luol Deng in his mid-thirties at $18 million per...

Way to change the topic :thumb:

If you weren't worried about it you wouldn't have brought it up yourself.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see you're a pleasant fellow.

Regardless of your ORIGINAL comment, your comment that "anything is possible" was what I was responding to. Whether the Pacers turn into the best team in basketball in 5 years is irrelevant to my comment that basketball is the most predictable sport around.

But good luck in 2023.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you're a pleasant fellow.

Regardless of your ORIGINAL comment, your comment that "anything is possible" was what I was responding to. Whether the Pacers turn into the best team in basketball in 5 years is irrelevant to my comment that basketball is the most predictable sport around.

But good luck in 2023.

Wrong poster, buddy... @tducey 's comment about "anything is possible" can be in fact true with this CBA and the league's new-found parity...Just two or three years ago, one would have scoffed at the idea of LeBron returning to Cleveland and leading them to a title...Now that he's going to be 32 before the start of the new calendar year - Are you insinuating that he's going to defeat father time and lead the Cavs to the finals every year until he retires???:doh:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong poster, buddy... @tducey 's comment about "anything is possible" can be in fact true with this CBA and the league's new-found parity...Just two or three years ago, one would have scoffed at the idea of LeBron returning to Cleveland and leading them to a title...Now that he's going to be 32 before the start of the new calendar year - Are you insinuating that he's going to defeat father time and lead the Cavs to the finals every year until he retires???:doh:

He's done a pretty good job so far of making the Pacers and the Eastern Conference his bitch. Let's see how long he can ride this out.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to change the topic :thumb:

If you weren't worried about it you wouldn't have brought it up yourself.

Nope, just giving a young 22-year-old poster @OutlawImmortal a reality check...And the reality also is that if we didn't see such a dramatic spike in the cap, KD would still be with the Thunder right now...We're not going to see this kind of spike two years from now when George hits the market (assuming he don't sign an extension)...Even if he were to leave, he could find much better options than the Lakers...He wasn't even a Lakers fan growing up and he grew up in California for pete's sake...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who's leaving those two teams in the next 4 years though? The Pacers look like the Clippers to me; good on paper, but not a championship roster.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just giving a young 22-year-old poster @OutlawImmortal a reality check...And the reality also is that if we didn't see such a dramatic spike in the cap, KD would still be with the Thunder right now...We're not going to see this kind of spike two years from now when George hits the market (assuming he don't sign an extension)...Even if he were to leave, he could find much better options than the Lakers...He wasn't even a Lakers fan growing up and he grew up in California for pete's sake...

Except when did I ever say George would sign with the Lakers? My reality's fine, you just decided to put words in my mouth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep bringing up the Lakers. They don't pose a threat to you, right?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things just aren't going well for Cane in this thread, he's getting owned by people left and right kind of like when Cane gets owned in fantasy basketball by yours truly.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except when did I ever say George would sign with the Lakers? My reality's fine, you just decided to put words in my mouth.

So, what exactly is your point then? You said he's leaving in two years...Who provides him a better opportunity?

And sure, no one would have said two years ago that Durant would sign with the Warriors, but without the spike in cap, Harrison Barnes would have signed the extension with them last fall, leaving them with no room for Durant.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things just aren't going well for Cane in this thread, he's getting owned by people left and right kind of like when Cane gets owned in fantasy basketball by yours truly.

Just because I don't repeat the same old propaganda of this board like a parrot doesn't mean I'm getting owned.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron is a physical beast. He's not a guy like Wade who relies on quickness and cutting to get to the lane. I could EASILY see him being a dominant player for 3-4 years. And when you have a player like James, other players want to come play for your team. He has never been hurt and he has been to 6 straight finals.

Maybe Lebron decides to go out west but I doubt it. Sooner or later his body will start to break down but that could be 7 or 8 years from now. He's at the tail end of the prime of his career right now.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a physical beast. He's not a guy like Wade who relies on quickness and cutting to get to the lane. I could EASILY see him being a dominant player for 3-4 years. And when you have a player like James, other players want to come play for your team. He has never been hurt and he has been to 6 straight finals.

Maybe Lebron decides to go out west but I doubt it. Sooner or later his body will start to break down but that could be 7 or 8 years from now. He's at the tail end of the prime of his career right now.

Yea, he seemed to have his best finals year ever this year...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See what I mean, @Shaqdaddy11 ...Propaganda!!!:suds: