• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It appears Florida will play 4 FCS team in 2 years

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear I need to post a correction and apologize … I stated Florida was the only FCS team to play 2 FCS team this year …

Army has played 2 FBS teams this year.

The Liberty Flames (which played as a new FBS Independent) played 2 FCS teams.

So Florida is not the only team to play 2 FCS teams this year … so perhaps playing FCS teams is becoming the norm...

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is some of the best rationalization I've ever heard.

Its reality.

Compare the difference in winning percentage for Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, UF, Southern Cal, Clemson etc etc (ie name brand programs) playing against teams ranked lower than say #60 and their winning percentage vs I-AA teams to

The difference in those same programs' winning percentage vs final top 10 or final ranked vs anybody else.

What you will quickly notice if you look at it is those programs tend to just crush the cupcakes. It doesn't matter if they're lower tier Division I programs or I-AA programs. BUT, those same programs have a much much lower winning percentage vs final ranked opponents than they do vs everybody else.

The whole "your creampuffs are creampuffier than our creampuffs" argument is just BS. So what if its true? They're both creampuffs. Good opponents however are FAR more likely to beat you than regular opponents. The more good opponents you play, the tougher it gets and the more likely you are to lose games.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can EITHER play more conference games which means more head to head matchups against all conference members

OR

we can play intersectional ie "out of state" games which seem to be all anybody cares about....that is when they're not whining that we don't play miami every year anymore.

We cannot do both. There are only so many games that a team can play.

Choose one.
But you do neither.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do neither.

But that's patently false. The SEC used to play 6 conference games. It now plays 8 conference games. Those additional conference games mean UF can no longer play miami every year and had to stop scheduling an intersectional opponent every year. That's why UF voted against expanding the conference schedule from 6 to 7 games back in the spring of 1987.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's patently false. The SEC used to play 6 conference games. It now plays 8 conference games. Those additional conference games mean UF can no longer play miami every year and had to stop scheduling an intersectional opponent every year. That's why UF voted against expanding the conference schedule from 6 to 7 games back in the spring of 1987.
You said you can play either more conference games, Florida has continually voting for an 8 game conference schedule.

Option two was playing more intersectional “out-of-State games”. You have played one team out of the state of Florida in non conference games in the last 30 years. So you aren’t doing that either.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you can play either more conference games, Florida has continually voting for an 8 game conference schedule.

Option two was playing more intersectional “out-of-State games”. You have played one team out of the state of Florida in non conference games in the last 30 years. So you aren’t doing that either.

Once against you have your facts wrong. UF voted to stay at a 6 game conference schedule so that it could keep playing fsu and miami and an intersectional opponent OOC every year.

UF lost that vote in 1987. The result was that UF had to drop miami as an annual opponent. Oklahoma State was played in 1990. Syracuse in 1991 and Louisville in 1992. Then the SEC added two new members and expanded the conference schedule again. So now UF had to choose between dropping fsu or dropping the annual intersectional opponent. They opted for the latter and kept fsu as an annual opponent.

So as I said from the start, you can have EITHER more conference games OR playing fsu + an intersectional opponent. You cannot have both. There are only so many games on the schedule.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once against you have your facts wrong. UF voted to stay at a 6 game conference schedule so that it could keep playing fsu and miami and an intersectional opponent OOC every year.

UF lost that vote in 1987. The result was that UF had to drop miami as an annual opponent. Oklahoma State was played in 1990. Syracuse in 1991 and Louisville in 1992. Then the SEC added two new members and expanded the conference schedule again. So now UF had to choose between dropping fsu or dropping the annual intersectional opponent. They opted for the latter and kept fsu as an annual opponent.

So as I said from the start, you can have EITHER more conference games OR playing fsu + an intersectional opponent. You cannot have both. There are only so many games on the schedule.

That's good work. I had forgotten most of those facts.

OP sure is a fag. Someone must've stamped "lol" on his rejection letter from UF.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And again, CURRENTLY Florida is fighting to keep it at 6 conference game and is CURRENTLY refusing to play any non conference games against teams outside of the state of Florida. You can bring up stuff that happened 30 years ago, but it doesn’t change what Florida is actively doing now.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, CURRENTLY Florida is fighting to keep it at 6 conference game and is CURRENTLY refusing to play any non conference games against teams outside of the state of Florida. You can bring up stuff that happened 30 years ago, but it doesn’t change what Florida is actively doing now.

Again CURRENTLY you are dead wrong and do not have the slightest clue what you are talking about. It is CURRENTLY 8 conference games - not 6.

CURRENTLY, UF is playing fsu rather than an intersectional opponent. Those are its only two options since CURRENTLY the SEC has an 8 game conference schedule.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again CURRENTLY you are dead wrong and do not have the slightest clue what you are talking about. It is CURRENTLY 8 conference games - not 6.

CURRENTLY, UF is playing fsu rather than an intersectional opponent. Those are its only two options since CURRENTLY the SEC has an 8 game conference schedule.
How are programs outside the SEC able to play 9 conference games and complete OOC rivalries/intersectional games,

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again you want to hold on to bull shot from 30 years ago. How many regular season games were played back then? 10?

Are they voting for 8 conference games or are they voting for 9 conference games? Simple question.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you want to hold on to bull shot from 30 years ago. How many regular season games were played back then? 10?

Are they voting for 8 conference games or are they voting for 9 conference games? Simple question.

:L I guess if you could add and/or subtract, you would've gone to Michigan instead.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are programs outside the SEC able to play 9 conference games and complete OOC rivalries/intersectional games,

Well let's see....no annual neutral site game.

No annual in-state OOC rivalry game.

Yep! That will just about do it.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I simply related what happened and when. They played 11 regular season games at the time.

The question of 9 conference games hasn't been voted on by the SEC. You originally asked about why no intersectional games. I told you why. UF plays fsu every year. That's why. If UF were to play those intersectional home and home games, it would then be necessary to drop fsu....something I favor doing btw.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No P5 team should play vs the FCS, and all P5 conferences should play the same amount of division games.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see....no annual neutral site game.

No annual in-state OOC rivalry game.

Yep! That will just about do it.

Why would going to 9 conference games prevent you from continuing to do both of those?