• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there no where to talk about the Combine or Draft on this site?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but Cleveland has the $ and the picks. They have a talented squad just missing some key players. If they wait on a QB project 2-3 years they will continue to turn over rosters and continue to be the Browns. Garrett, Jiimy G and either some other FAs or draft picks could at least get them out of the cellar?
There's a better QB class next year. Especially if Darnold declares. There's good reason there's been a ton of talk about him at the combine. When he's not even in this years draft. His athletic ability is off the charts. But you can't teach poise. You know that quite well

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Eisen really comes off like a self centered idiot with this silly 40 time shit.
I disagree it's all about charity and from the footage it looks like he's getting more and more contributors.

However, Dieon Sanders busting on him was classic:D

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Eisen really comes off like a self centered idiot with this silly 40 time shit.
The 40 is a bit over rated.Peppers had a hell of a combine. He killed his drills imo. He could easily go either LB or DB. Where do you have him? He's on my board for the raiders

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree it's all about charity and from the footage it looks like he's getting more and more contributors.

Dieon is hysterical his tweets during the cfb season are always classics

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a better QB class next year. Especially if Darnold declares. There's good reason there's been a ton of talk about him at the combine. When he's not even in this years draft. His athletic ability is off the charts. But you can't teach poise. You know that quite well
Yeah but there is no guarentee Cleveland will be in a position to select Darnold or anyone else better than this years class. They've dug themselves a hole.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but there is no guarentee Cleveland will be in a position to select Darnold or anyone else better than this years class. They've dug themselves a hole.
Outside of Maybe Watson I'm not fond of this years QB class. I think the Browns will be in position for a much better QB next year. I think you have it right for the Browns. Load up on defense. Pick up a We and RB this year. Go after a top tier QB next year rather than another project.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 40 is a bit over rated.Peppers had a hell of a combine. He killed his drills imo. He could easily go either LB or DB. Where do you have him? He's on my board for the raiders
It's so hard to tell at this point. There is FA to go thru and then see how the early picks go and when teams start panicking. He definitely increased his stock during the combine. Some had him at 32 going to NE. I think that's a pipe dream. He's coming off the board before that. Luckily, this is a strong DB class.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chargers at 6. They'll take him or Hooker.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure doesn't seem to be all about the charity. Seems more about himself than anything.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Maybe Watson I'm not fond of this years QB class. I think the Browns will be in position for a much better QB next year. I think you have it right for the Browns. Load up on defense. Pick up a We and RB this year. Go after a top tier QB next year rather than another project.
I'm with you, this QB class doesn't impress. My fear for Cleveland even if they get a one of the top QBs next season it usually takes 2-3 years for them to become a quality NFL QB. By then my fear is the Browns have turned over their roster again.
I think Jimmy G or another FA QB is what they need this year. Even if it's a stop gap.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure doesn't seem to be all about the charity. Seems more about himself than anything.
It doesn't bother me. I find it funny and it gives tgem something else to talk about all year. Bottom line IMHO is it's raising $ for a good charity. Getting others to do it at work is pretty cool in my book. Better than the ice bath.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so hard to tell at this point. There is FA to go thru and then see how the early picks go and when teams start panicking. He definitely increased his stock during the combine. Some had him at 32 going to NE. I think that's a pipe dream. He's coming off the board before that. Luckily, this is a strong DB class.
I was happy to see Jackson increase his stock. Adore may be interesting. He's got a ton of speed and athletic ability. A nose for the ball and big plays. What makes him interesting is his ability to tackle and cover are being downplayed at the combine. He always lined up against the other teams best wr. And more times than not won those battles. He did give up one big play to Ross. But not many CB's didn't give up big plays to Ross. He also had two picks in that game. There's good reasonAdoree won the Thorpe award. He was also one of the most electric players in college football. Both in the return game and slotted on offense. He's in position to be a steal and a weapon.Potentially for a team that's already in contention

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me. I find it funny and it gives tgem something else to talk about all year. Bottom line IMHO is it's raising $ for a good charity. Getting others to do it at work is pretty cool in my book. Better than the ice bath.

I obviously have no issue w charities. I'm just turned off by how he handles himself each year doing it. I get the feeling watching it that he colleagues feel a similar way. Like, they're annoyed with how super serious he is about his shitty 40 when A) he's slow and gumpy and 2) its about those kids, not Rich. I especially get that vibe from Deion.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look Rich is talking about himself running the 40 again while fondly viewing a picture of himself on Twitter.

Shocking.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, this QB class doesn't impress. My fear for Cleveland even if they get a one of the top QBs next season it usually takes 2-3 years for them to become a quality NFL QB. By then my fear is the Browns have turned over their roster again.
I think Jimmy G or another FA QB is what they need this year. Even if it's a stop gap.
Unless it's Watson a stop gap would be their best bet. Even if Darnold doesn't declare. There's going to be a much deeper class next year. Mayfield,Falk,Rosen......This year is too deep at key positions to waste a pick on a project for them imo

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you struggled Vegas is a short car ride away.
:dhd: I like Hooker but Peppers is a much more versatile player. I've got to give peppers the edge. This may be the deepest DB class i've seen in a while. I would love to see Peppers as a raider. They need defense bad. I'm really hoping for Jackson.While its may be a homer pick. He brings so much to the table on top of being a corner. I'm hoping they load on DB's,defensive linemen ,a slot WR and a project RB later personally.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEA has tried to pay bigger money to FA WRs (Harvins) but they didn't really start getting into cap hell until they opened up the checkbook for RW in conjunction with those key DEF players they decided to keep.

At the end of the day, you can't have a very expensive DEF, QB and OFC weapons...but at least they got two 2 SB appearances for the effort, and they are still a viable team.

CLE...no, they're not going to be able to keep every top 10 pick, but if they continue to draft well and develop, they won't need to...the key for them is to start winning football games and the midlevel FAs that can help put them over the top will come.

I agree it's a vicious cycle, but they have no other choice but to keep trying to hit with a drafted QB.

This is where Pats fans have been so spoiled. They don't understand that most teams don't have the advantages they do. They can get players on discounts because of the promise of competing for a Super Bowl every year. Most other teams have to have some luck to go their way like we saw with Seattle where a few good draft picks completely changed the entire franchise. To me if I am Cleveland I see an opportunity with so much cap space and so much draft capital to build a very deep roster around a young QB. This is again why the Jimmy G. trade could very much hurt them with having to pay him after just one season.

I mean to me look at the QB's that have won the Super Bowl other than Brady and Manning over the last say 15 years. Most of them have been on rookie contracts allowing the team to surround them with talent and have that QB play game manager. Heck even Brady early on in his career that was more of his role was game manager and make a few plays at the end of the game if things were close.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where Pats fans have been so spoiled. They don't understand that most teams don't have the advantages they do. They can get players on discounts because of the promise of competing for a Super Bowl every year. Most other teams have to have some luck to go their way like we saw with Seattle where a few good draft picks completely changed the entire franchise. To me if I am Cleveland I see an opportunity with so much cap space and so much draft capital to build a very deep roster around a young QB. This is again why the Jimmy G. trade could very much hurt them with having to pay him after just one season.

I mean to me look at the QB's that have won the Super Bowl other than Brady and Manning over the last say 15 years. Most of them have been on rookie contracts allowing the team to surround them with talent and have that QB play game manager. Heck even Brady early on in his career that was more of his role was game manager and make a few plays at the end of the game if things were close.
We've been spoiled no doubt but I think that has more to do whe way BB manages the draft and the roster then getting players on discounts. Many teams have done the same Denver and Seattle included. BB is not afraid to give up early picks (whether forced by the NFL) or by choice to stockpile additional picks. Picks that keep the cap manageable even after their first contracts. He doesn't overpay for players and he's not scared to release big time players. Suffice to say BB must have some monster testicles. He's already looking at the 2018 and 19 drafts.

Then you add brining in mid level vets via FA or trade that are willing to accept their role. They provide that needed depth required to sustain a full NFL season. Teams panicking and overspending don't have that luxury.

Cleveland has grabbed some very nice players over the last couple drafts. Their pay days will be coming up over the next 2-3 years. You can sign a Jimmy G like QB and avoid all those contract coming due at the same time. So depending on where Cleveland selects a QB this year that QB will be entering negotiations around the same seasons as their top picks from last year and the year before. Or they chance allowing him test the FA market.

Obviously I think Cleveland needs a starting QB now. If they can do that without using an early pick or a combination of picks good on them. Then I hope they do.