• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there no where to talk about the Combine or Draft on this site?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, the current regime has 1 draft and 1 season under its belt. I think it's a bit too early to be making declarative statements on whether or not their plan is working.

Sucked to see Mack go, but he wanted out. Can't blame him. When he was healthy, he was very good in cleveland too.
Fair enough except I'm afraid they're following the same pattern. Part of the reason for brining in DePedosra (sp) and promoting Brown was to hopefully chang the trends. Haslam is still the owner isn't he? So we shall see.

DetroitDevil

The Libtard is the new Covid.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before some smartass says: the lions forum is a permadraft forum.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have swung and missed on Oline positions in the draft pretty much the entire Carrol era.......
Since 2013 Seattle's drafts have been less than desirable. In 12 they hit a game winning home run.
However, they invested $5 mil in the Oline last year. Even had they hit on Olinemen they need 2 + years to gain enough expirence and gel with the other linemen. By not investing in FA or trades for Oline they missed the boat. They live/d and die/d by spending on the D starters. Now they will either need to use the majority of their cap (barring releases) to secure a quality OT/OG this year. There aren't any in starters in the draft ar 26 or later. You can hope to find that diamond in the rough, but hope isn't a very succesful tactic.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I think Cleveland needs a starting QB now. If they can do that without using an early pick or a combination of picks good on them. Then I hope they do.[/QUOTE]

Tyrod Taylor.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely you're correct. But seeing what happened last year with Oz some teams may be skeptical? It's just another option. They could also sign him during the 2017 season to an extension if they like what they see?

That's a very good point.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a combine thread will pop up when there's some running today. Fournette weighing 240 is only newsworthy after seeing what he runs I guess.

The combine is about as boring as watching grass grow, but the draft will get some attention as it gets closer.....Too early to do anything but wish right now !!!!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough except I'm afraid they're following the same pattern. Part of the reason for brining in DePedosra (sp) and promoting Brown was to hopefully chang the trends. Haslam is still the owner isn't he? So we shall see.

Not really. Their draft last year was unlike their previous drafts and the offseason was certainly different as they essentially let everyone from the previous regimes go.

Time will tell if this is just another failed browns experiment or if they're finally doing things right.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I think Cleveland needs a starting QB now. If they can do that without using an early pick or a combination of picks good on them. Then I hope they do.

Tyrod Taylor.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they offered a 3rd round pick for him but the Bills turned it down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure if they're following the same pattern or not....I think once Mack decided to leave, maybe they went into a different mode with vets and paid a dear price in the won/loss category.

I think this yr will be a good indicator of this new regime...if they sit on their cap cash during FA and continue with the youth movement. I think it will be a long season again and the FO may fall back into their short rein pattern with Jackson...if so...the next generation of Browns fans will likely be doomed like the one before them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I think Cleveland needs a starting QB now. If they can do that without using an early pick or a combination of picks good on them. Then I hope they do.

Tyrod Taylor.

As a Bills fan, I hope he stays put.