• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there no where to talk about the Combine or Draft on this site?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is ever impressed with the QBs.

The reality is that the QB has to step up whoever it is. You can see that with Brady. He obviously wants to win at all costs at all times. The average fan is just never going to see it from college play and combines but you can't win football games without a smart QB with an arm, pocket presence, etc.

This is the best TE class in recent memory, I'll give you that.
QB definitely the hardest to grade. A bad decision can set a club back years. Even with a great college career and good combine it still doesn't always correlate to a franchise QB. Look at Brady verse Leaf for one example.
The thing with this class is most years there is at least one or two QBs graded out in the overall top five. If the NFL wasn't so starved for QBs this group would be grading out mid to late first or even second round. If you were a GM which guy would you risk your job taking in the top 10 (Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Mahomes or Webb)? Hey they could all surprise us and be the next stud. I'm glad I'm not a GM looking for a QB this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got the cramp trying to shttp://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2016/11/patriots_have_2nd-most_fumbles.htmlhttp://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/05/nfl-new-england-patriots-deflategate-fumbles-tom-brady-bill-belichickhttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hall-of-fame-gm-bill-polian-terrell-owens-randy-moss-dont-belong-in-hall-of-fame/
via http://cbssportsapp.comtop running after the afterburners got stuck.....
He said an interview he felt tightness in his calf when he was in his stance. I hope he's gtg for his pro day in a couple weeks, I'd like to see what else he has.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB definitely the hardest to grade. A bad decision can set a club back years. Even with a great college career and good combine it still doesn't always correlate to a franchise QB. Look at Brady verse Leaf for one example.
The thing with this class is most years there is at least one or two QBs graded out in the overall top five. If the NFL wasn't so starved for QBs this group would be grading out mid to late first or even second round. If you were a GM which guy would you risk your job taking in the top 10 (Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Mahomes or Webb)? Hey they could all surprise us and be the next stud. I'm glad I'm not a GM looking for a QB this year.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with Mayock! ( I just threw up a little in my mouth)
All these guys aren't ready to start.

Maybe Watson just for the simple fact he's a winner.
Trubisky IMO wont be more then a back up, pressure will get to him.
Mahomes and Webb raw needs time to see if they can pick it up..

So to me if I'm SF or Cleveland I ain't gonna waste a 1st rounder, I'm looking later to develop possibly my next starter....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just saw this Solomon Thomas kid has the same measurables essentially as Justin houston. Shaken I haven't seen him much.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just saw this Solomon Thomas kid has the same measurables essentially as Justin houston. Shaken I haven't seen him much.
He runs the 10 yd split like the top pass rushers 30-40 lbs less than him. His upside is absolutely nuts.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were a GM which guy would you risk your job taking in the top 10 (Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Mahomes or Webb)? Hey they could all surprise us and be the next stud. I'm glad I'm not a GM looking for a QB this year.
The thing is, though: you have to take a risk on someone. You can't be Jeff Fisher and build a good football team and then have it led by Shaun Hill and Nick Foles for 2 years and still expect to have a job after that. The QB is just too important to not have.

Browns need a guy with a big arm because they took the Baylor WR last year in rd1 who only ran like 2 routes and is only good for deep passes. Trubisky is like Derek Carr in some ways and likely be a total bust in year 1 before seeing some upside and real potential 2-3 years down the line. Kizer looks more like Tannehill or Bortles but he is so raw that he could be Cam Newton and we'd never know it. Mahomes is either Matt Stafford or Austin Davis. Webb reminds me of Mike Glennon a bit but maybe he is Eli Manning in 3 years. Peterman is getting Garappolo comparisons but I've also seen the Derek Carr label on him, too. He is very inconsistent with his play, though, and needs a stable team.

That leaves Watson who....who the hell knows?!?

If you assume that they go DE with pick #1 then with their 2nd first rounder they pretty much have to roll the dice on one of these guys. I think Webb is the only one I'd avoid and thats because I think he is the most raw.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, though: you have to take a risk on someone. You can't be Jeff Fisher and build a good football team and then have it led by Shaun Hill and Nick Foles for 2 years and still expect to have a job after that. The QB is just too important to not have.

Browns need a guy with a big arm because they took the Baylor WR last year in rd1 who only ran like 2 routes and is only good for deep passes. Trubisky is like Derek Carr in some ways and likely be a total bust in year 1 before seeing some upside and real potential 2-3 years down the line. Kizer looks more like Tannehill or Bortles but he is so raw that he could be Cam Newton and we'd never know it. Mahomes is either Matt Stafford or Austin Davis. Webb reminds me of Mike Glennon a bit but maybe he is Eli Manning in 3 years. Peterman is getting Garappolo comparisons but I've also seen the Derek Carr label on him, too. He is very inconsistent with his play, though, and needs a stable team.

That leaves Watson who....who the hell knows?!?

If you assume that they go DE with pick #1 then with their 2nd first rounder they pretty much have to roll the dice on one of these guys. I think Webb is the only one I'd avoid and thats because I think he is the most raw.
If I'm Cleveland I take Garrett and give up # 12 for Garappalo. Even as unproven as he is at least you know he can be the starter this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Cleveland I take Garrett and give up # 12 for Garappalo. Even as unproven as he is at least you know he can be the starter this year.
Eh...rookie contracts are so nice, though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only that, but Jimmy would have to learn a new offense. Houston should be a prime example as to what might happen when you cough money on a still unproven player....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but Cleveland has the $ and the picks. They have a talented squad just missing some key players. If they wait on a QB project 2-3 years they will continue to turn over rosters and continue to be the Browns. Garrett, Jiimy G and either some other FAs or draft picks could at least get them out of the cellar?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, but Jimmy would have to learn a new offense. Houston should be a prime example as to what might happen when you cough money on a still unproven player....
Prior to Kubiak I want to say Denver actually ran a pretty similar if not the same system with Manning. That's at least partially why Welker went there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy still has a year left. So Cleveland isn't forced to pay him big $. They could tag him the following year if still in doubt. Easier for a NFL QB to pick up a new offense as opposed to a rookie.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a talented squad just missing some key players.
Wait..what?

Football Outsiders ranked them 30th in team efficiency in 2015 and 31st in team efficiency in 2016. Whats worse about those numbers is that their best unit was special team. They said they were the 29th ranked offense and the 31st ranked defense in 2016.

The Browns aren't even close.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait..what?

Football Outsiders ranked them 30th in team efficiency in 2015 and 31st in team efficiency in 2016. Whats worse about those numbers is that their best unit was special team. They said they were the 29th ranked offense and the 31st ranked defense in 2016.

Yeah, as bullish as I am on a few offensive players for the Browns, they are a year or two away from being relevant and the defense needs a total rebuild.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps it's simply the latest bit of eye candy, but there a lot of Niner fans that would love this guy @ 2. I've never heard of him so I can't add anything to it. Too high?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait..what?

The numbers suck because they are missing a few key players. No need to discuss the offense. They need a QB bottom line. The Oline with Thomas is decent, WRs have talent need a QB to get them the ball, Cromwell and Duke Johnson are ok, Barnidge at TE. I'm not saying they will be top 15 but are a few players away from getting out of the basement.

On the D side adding a player like Garrett to go along with Jamie Collins and Davis, Joe Hayden and Jamar Taylor certainly makes them better.
Add over $100 mil in cap space and 11 picks they have the ammo to get out of the cellar.

Do I think they will be a playoff team? No I don't but if they don't go all in this season they risk that cycle of losing their FAs.

Great football town they deserve better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers suck because they are missing a few key players. No need to discuss the offense. They need a QB bottom line. The Oline with Thomas is decent, WRs have talent need a QB to get them the ball, Cromwell and Duke Johnson are ok, Barnidge at TE. I'm not saying they will be top 15 but are a few players away from getting out of the basement.

On the D side adding a player like Garrett to go along with Jamie Collins and Davis, Joe Hayden and Jamar Taylor certainly makes them better.
Add over $100 mil in cap space and 11 picks they have the ammo to get out of the cellar.

Do I think they will be a playoff team? No I don't but if they don't go all in this season they risk that cycle of losing their FAs.

Great football town they deserve better.[/QUOTE

Think I agree. They need to find a QB, then with all those picks and cap space they could turn around and at least be a upcoming team, like you said they have some pieces already.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great football town they deserve better.
Its a catch-22, though. Nobody trades young franchise QBs. If Garapollo is a franchise QB then the Patriots won't be trading him.

If he isnt a franchise QB then the Browns shouldnt want him.