• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there a need to have a AFC postseason

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fast-forward to the superbowl because who's going to win in Foxbourough? There has not been a obvious AFC winner since 2007.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fast-forward to the superbowl because who's going to win in Foxbourough? There has not been a obvious AFC winner since 2007.
Who says the AFC playoffs are going through Foxborough?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a little slow following you...are you saying just put NE in the SB?

If so, have you really been watching NE much? Granted, Brady is looking good, but they have a DEF that's just average really and that was before they got rid of their best DEF player.

NE is still going to be a tough out in this playoff and I won't be a homer fool and say PIT, but imo OAK, DEN, KC can all win a game in NE...a team that can rush the passer and man up on the slot, will give NE problems.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Footballoutsiders has almost a 60% that the Super Bowl winner will be New England, Seattle or Dallas.

That said, Trump is the President-elect and Golden St won no hardware last year. All it takes is one bad hit to Gronk and NE is very vulnerable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Footballoutsiders has almost a 60% that the Super Bowl winner will be New England, Seattle or Dallas.

That said, Trump is the President-elect and Golden St won no hardware last year. All it takes is one bad hit to Gronk and NE is very vulnerable.

Well and one of those bad hits did happen just this past weekend. He should be back but the injuries are starting to stack on him even if you just look at this season. Way too much football left to be played to know anything at this moment. Heck I remember people saying the same thing last year that New England was running away with things and 4 weeks before the end of the season that they had home field advantage locked up then they lost the final 2 games. Heck they lost 4 of the final 6 games of the season. The schedule looks easier for the final stretch this year but there are more teams fighting for those spots. I mean Chiefs and Raiders are tied with them for the conference record and the Broncos are just a 1/2 game behind with a head to head decider coming up that is in Denver (a place Brady has done terrible at).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the Patriots clinched HFA. Are they not tied in losses with teams in the AFC West?

And also they did lose a few times at home in the playoffs since 2007. This is not a slam dunk by a long shot

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little slow following you...are you saying just put NE in the SB?

If so, have you really been watching NE much? Granted, Brady is looking good, but they have a DEF that's just average really and that was before they got rid of their best DEF player.

NE is still going to be a tough out in this playoff and I won't be a homer fool and say PIT, but imo OAK, DEN, KC can all win a game in NE...a team that can rush the passer and man up on the slot, will give NE problems.

First ........Pittsburgh can't beat any elite team on the road outside of their own division(except Baltimore). KC winning in NE? Oakland has no experience, and no way do I think Carr will go into NE and beat Brady. He got lucky week 1 against NO because saints thought they scored enough points for a while and testing their defense(I hated that outcome).

As for where the postseason runs through, numbers support Carolina winning in Oakland and Oakland also has to go to KC, SD, and Denver remaining. They also play the colts. They are also better on the road so Indy or even Houston could pull out a upset(the Houston game is not in Oakland anyway). There is no way they are going 6-1 or better remaining. KC could lose in Denver and they're in position to have a worse conference record than NE also because they would have to win in Atlanta to have a chance at the division. Denver has to go to KC as well. And I don't think Simien is beating Brady twice at home, sorry(should Denver win week 15).

But NE has a easy schedule rest of the way they likely won't lose until Miami. NE has also not lost at home in January since 2011(2010 season).

Raiders need some experience. I don't like the odds of a AFC team also going to the sb one year after a division rival did. If there is one team that could beat NE in NE in January if they get in it's Baltimore.

Here is the AFC picture as of now
1.NE 7-2
2.KC 7-2
3.Bal 6-3
4.Hou 6-3
5.Oak 7-2
6.Den 7-3

Denver at Baltimore........Baltimore wins that because they can hit that offense back. Oakland and Houston will be the opposite of what happens week 11. Road success inr eg season does not always translate to postseason. Either way neither win in NE. KC faces a challenge against Baltimore. Last year that game was close early and KC won on two defensive TDs against a Flaccoless team.

I'm doing another numbers thread in confirming how I see the playoff picture looking.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, of course there is

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 of the last 4 times, the Patriots were eliminated prior to the superbowl, it took place at home so yes this is a real stupid thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First ........Pittsburgh can't beat any elite team on the road outside of their own division(except Baltimore). KC winning in NE? Oakland has no experience, and no way do I think Carr will go into NE and beat Brady. He got lucky week 1 against NO because saints thought they scored enough points for a while and testing their defense(I hated that outcome).

As for where the postseason runs through, numbers support Carolina winning in Oakland and Oakland also has to go to KC, SD, and Denver remaining. They also play the colts. They are also better on the road so Indy or even Houston could pull out a upset(the Houston game is not in Oakland anyway). There is no way they are going 6-1 or better remaining. KC could lose in Denver and they're in position to have a worse conference record than NE also because they would have to win in Atlanta to have a chance at the division. Denver has to go to KC as well. And I don't think Simien is beating Brady twice at home, sorry(should Denver win week 15).

But NE has a easy schedule rest of the way they likely won't lose until Miami. NE has also not lost at home in January since 2011(2010 season).

Raiders need some experience. I don't like the odds of a AFC team also going to the sb one year after a division rival did. If there is one team that could beat NE in NE in January if they get in it's Baltimore.

1.NE 7-2
2.KC 7-2
3.Bal 6-3
4.Hou 6-3
5.Oak 7-2
6.Den 7-3

Denver at Baltimore........Baltimore wins that because they can hit that offense back. Oakland and Houston will be the opposite of what happens week 11. Road success inr eg season does not always translate to postseason. Either way neither win in NE. KC faces a challenge against Baltimore. Last year that game was close early and KC won on two defensive TDs against a Flaccoless team.

I'm doing another numbers thread in confirming how I see the playoff picture looking.

This is again why they play the games though. The numbers last year at this point pointed to NE being the Super Bowl representative for the AFC. They were 11-0 to start the season and well games were not that close. Injuries started stacking up (something numbers cannot calculate much for) and all of a sudden New England started losing some games that they had no business losing.

Let's say they do get home field advantage in the playoffs. We have seen plenty of times that a team gets hot at the right moment and goes on to win. 2012 is a great example with Baltimore. They didn't look good going into the playoffs and nobody really gave them a chance then they went into Denver and into New England and beat the #1 and #2 seed of the playoffs. In 2010 the Jets came into town and knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs. 2009 they lost again to Baltimore in New England. You just can't make such resounding conclusions at this point.

I would add in the playoffs because it is a single game elimination that it is impossible to account for the fact that maybe a ball bounces the wrong way. We have seen too many crazy things happen. Heck last year the Seahawks should have been bounced but a missed field goal from what like 30 yards (almost a gimmy) meant the Seahawks continued on.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this thread being bumped from November 2015?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should cancel March Madness. No way do those 12 and 13 seeds play well for 1 game and beat those bigger name 4 and 5 seeds.

/op logic

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 of the last 4 times, the Patriots were eliminated prior to the superbowl, it took place at home so yes this is a real stupid thread

Did you see my last post? They are 7-1 at home since 2010 with the only loss coming to, as I have already pointed out is the biggest challenge, Baltimore.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I don't see Denver repeating or KC or Oakland getting to sb. If not NE it will be Baltimore or Pittsburgh. Maybe, just maybe, Indy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I don't see Denver repeating or KC or Oakland getting to sb. If not NE it will be Baltimore or Pittsburgh. Maybe, just maybe, Indy.
KC without Maclin healthy or Houston healthy then I agree they have no chance. If they are both healthy and the dline plays well then anything is possible. Dline is everything against NE and Brady.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.NE 7-2
2.KC 7-2
3.Bal 6-3
4.Hou 6-3
5.Oak 7-2
6.Den 7-3

Pittsburgh cant beat any elite teams on the road? What elite teams have they played on the road that they lost to? Baltimore, Miami and Philly aren't elite IMO so...are you talking about 2015 when they lost to NE, Seattle, and Denver and beat Cincyx2 that doesn't count?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.NE 7-2
2.KC 7-2
3.Bal 6-3
4.Hou 6-3
5.Oak 7-2
6.Den 7-3

LOL...Obviously you don't know much about PIT...(hint, BAL has beaten them 4 consecutive times) but I said I won't be a foolish homer so I have no response about them in this topic.

KC, OAK, DEN...I didn't say probable. OAK needs experience, DEN winning twice in NE, KC seeding...all legit.

What I am saying is NE is not the juggernaut that you are making them out to be...they probably will be the 1 seed I'm not disputing that, but have weaknesses themselves. Yes, I still contend one of those 3 can beat NE.

You could very well be right...NE in the SB, but let the games play out.